Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

This topic should be called Draft Aftermath

Dat Avatar :allears:

Hey everyone, look at this dumb pre-season 1-100 rookie power ranking!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000492541/article/sudden-impact-projecting-top-100-nfl-rookies-of-2015?campaign=-Twitter_cfb_fischer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Fuckin lol they include the fullback that Green Bay drafted

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Yeah parker is probably less important this season to Miami than some loving third round TE is to the Ravens or whoever it was lol get hosed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Yeah parker is probably less important this season to Miami than some loving third round TE is to the Ravens or whoever it was lol get hosed

You shut your mouth Maxx Williams is a treasure that the world will finally get to enjoy.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Maxx Williams is cool though.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I think he's gonna be good, but dammit let us have our hypothetical time in the sun!

Parker will probably bust hard but he's going to be big in our offense. People penciling Greg Jennings and Kenny stills in as our starters... My god I hope they don't know something I don't. Gotta get snaps for parker to get up to speed.

At the very least parker will join Cameron in our red zone packages. The whole point is his catch radius

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 15:56 on May 18, 2015

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hot take: People of Miami, Florida upset at not getting enough time in the sun.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trying to replace the cancer we lost in the offseason

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I'm generally optimistic about most WRs with a few exceptions here and there. Parker displays something that's very hard to do: going up and getting a ball deep down field. There's a lot of guys who can catch downfield passes, but there's only a few that can turn their body from a full sprint and have the explosiveness to go up for the ball. Parker just feels more fluid than other guys out there, like Strong or White or Agholor.

I dunno, he just feels like he has a lot of tools to succeed.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
Rookie impact rankings are dumb but fun to read for degenerates such as myself.

Obligatory Raider snippet:

quote:

3. WR Amari Cooper, Oakland Raiders: The Alabama star will provide an instant boost to an offense that was dreadful last season and enters 2015 looking to pass the ball with second-year pro Derek Carr.

37. DL Mario Edwards Jr., Oakland Raiders: Edwards figures to start right away for Jack Del Rio and will showcase his talent in a well-defined role

46. TE Clive Walford, Oakland Raiders: He'll be a mainstay in two-tight-end sets and it wouldn't be that surprising if he becomes the starter by the end of the season.

I concur!

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

warcrimes posted:

quote:

59. TE Nick O'Leary, Buffalo Bills: Charles Clay will get all the attention, but the hard-nosed O'Leary will find ways -- small and large -- of being a contributor.
94. CB Ronald Darby, Buffalo Bills: Lands on a stacked defense but will provide value in the slot and should be a special-teams maven.
That's awfully low for Darby, at least if the rumors of Corey Graham being moved to free safety are credible(Duke Williams couldn't cover a sleeping baby with a blanket, so there's some reason to believe it).
Also, I know Nick O'Leary is cool and all, but I doubt he's going to have much immediate impact. He has to beat out MarQueis Gray to even get a bit role in our offense. And neither of them would be a lock to make the roster.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

quote:

84. RB Marcus Murphy, New Orleans Saints: Sean Payton surely has a role in mind for the jitterbug who will serve as a change of pace to Mark Ingram.

Really? I like Murphy but...really? Are there any other seventh round picks in there?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Grittybeard posted:

Really? I like Murphy but...really? Are there any other seventh round picks in there?

of all the 7th round picks he chooses murphy instead of mcbride :psyduck:

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

warcrimes posted:

4. WR/RS Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks:

What :psyduck:

I loved the pick and think he's going to be good, but the 4th best rookie will be a third round WR in a run heavy offense?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Zifnab posted:

4. WR/RS Tyler Lockett, Seattle Seahawks:

What :psyduck:

I loved the pick and think he's going to be good, but the 4th best rookie will be a third round WR in a run heavy offense?

Not 4th best, 4th most impactful. If he is assuming Lockett becomes Wilson's #1 WR for 1000 yards and some TDs then I think that's a fair argument for being ranked fourth. I highly doubt Lockett becomes that receiver, but that might be his reasoning.

edit

I forgot. We also know Lockett will be the KR we needed so badly last year. Regardless of how he performs as a receiver, if he is even average as a KR that is a huge improvement over last season. I don't think he will accomplish it this season, but I am hoping he steps into Golden Tate's old role.

Chichevache fucked around with this message at 00:59 on May 19, 2015

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
Steelers have 4 picks on that list. It's really weird to have Jesse James listed so highly but it makes sense. Chickillo being on there is a head scratcher though because he's going to have a tough time making the roster hist first year just because of the numbers game at OLB.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

I suppose everything we do is pointless, but that ranking is egregiously so.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Lance of Llanwyln posted:

That's awfully low for Darby, at least if the rumors of Corey Graham being moved to free safety are credible(Duke Williams couldn't cover a sleeping baby with a blanket, so there's some reason to believe it).
Also, I know Nick O'Leary is cool and all, but I doubt he's going to have much immediate impact. He has to beat out MarQueis Gray to even get a bit role in our offense. And neither of them would be a lock to make the roster.

Nick O'Leary is a tad dumb. He took more than two seasons to get down the playbook and still lined up in the wrong spots multiple times a game, not to mention how often he'd run the wrong routes. He uses his body really well and he'll probably end up being even more sure-handed now that the'll be forced to wear gloves, but if the playbook is a doozy, he'll be on the bench for a while

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
When you're as bad as the Bucs you have lots of rookies starting:

quote:

1. QB Jameis Winston, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Bottom line -- nobody in this draft class will have a greater impact on their new team than the guy under center for Lovie Smith.

51. OT Donovan Smith, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs' line was a mess last year and Smith could be part of the answer in protecting Winston.

66. WR Kenny Bell, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: There's no reason why the savvy and smart Bell can't be the top receiving option for Winston out of the slot as a rookie.

78. WR Kaelin Clay, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Instant boost to the team's return game while rotating in as a slot receiver who can help stretch the field.

86. G Ali Marpet, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The front office is excited about Marpet's ability. He could protect Winston sooner rather than later for a team that has been searching for help on the interior line.

98. OLB Kwon Alexander, Tampa Bay Buccaneers: Athletic, rangy linebacker should be a core special-teams player while being molded by Lovie Smith into a quality player.

This article sure has high expectations for the Bucs rookies.

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Roasted Donut posted:

Steelers have 4 picks on that list. It's really weird to have Jesse James listed so highly but it makes sense. Chickillo being on there is a head scratcher though because he's going to have a tough time making the roster hist first year just because of the numbers game at OLB.

I thought that was wierd too. He's at best 30% to make the roster, competing with a CFL prospect and a high upside 2nd year UDFA. Golson is my pick for biggest impact. He's probably going to get similar snapcounts to Dupree and potentially lead the team in interceptions. Jesse James is going to be lucky to see the field considering he's outside the top 10 players on the roster who would be eligible receivers.

Rawness was a common theme among this year's rookie class and while the defense should improve, it's going to be due to 2nd and 3rd year players getting better and not rookies contributing.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I like how the Browns drafted 12 men and they only have 2 out 100 impact players

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Gatts posted:

I like how the Browns drafted 12 men and they only have 2 out 100 impact players

haha

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Whatcha gonna do, dey da Browns.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

Gatts posted:

Whatcha gonna do, dey da Browns.

You're the best, gatts

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

warcrimes posted:

You're the best, gatts

You're awesome, warcrimes.

fan of the browns
Apr 6, 2012

my enemy...
the enemy of every human who has ever lived...
this is the life-force that watches over the Dinosaurs.
gently caress both of you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
News flash the list is as useless as the trophy case in the browns offices.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

MonsterWalk posted:

gently caress both of you.

Oh we're going to. Oh yes we will. You can join if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

• Locked thread