Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
Munoz stealing Brandon Vera's theme music there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

1st AD posted:

Wait, he sold Reign? What's he gonna do after this?

be a Professional Really Good Dad

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I've always wondered why fighters come out in long trousers and take them off instead of just not bothering with awkwardly stripping them off before the technical area. The cameras only ever focus on their faces so it can't be worth sponsoring, can it?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i hope munoz lands a strike this time

that was the single most depressing post-fight stats i've ever seen

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Bardeh posted:

I've always wondered why fighters come out in long trousers and take them off instead of just not bothering with awkwardly stripping them off before the technical area. The cameras only ever focus on their faces so it can't be worth sponsoring, can it?

It's so they don't cool down too much between their warmup in the back and the actual fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Maybe it's real chilly

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I can't believe they instant replayed a very normal entrance.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

1st AD posted:

I can't believe they instant replayed a very normal entrance.

i thought i hosed something up and pressed the live button again but nope, it was really that good.

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.

Marching Powder posted:

i see you didn't watch any of this card

ya the lim/magny fight was the first one i was awake for

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
Munoz's chainwrestling is still very cool to watch when he really gets into it

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

It's a shame Munoz never got good at top control

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
it's too bad barnatt is too gangly and active to let munoz show off the donkey kong punches

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
perhaps not

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Sweet finish to that body lock takedown

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

hohoho holy poo poo those hits.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

1st AD posted:

It's a shame Munoz never got good at top control

tbh it's less that he's not good at it and more that he deliberately sacrifices it to posture up and sling his hands like he's trying to punch a hole through the mat.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Barnatt should Do The Right Thing and tap next time he's on the ground.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop loving wrestling munoz just hit the oval office

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I just did some poking around on wikipedia, and Magny is now tied for all-time 3rd-longest winning streak at 170 lb:

GSP 12
Fitch 8
Magny / Brown 7
Hughes 6

This makes me think that Brown could be the correct next fight for him, and the more I think about it the more I like it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

i'll reiterate that munoz looks in great shape

Dr. Miracle
Feb 13, 2008

born to shart
I liked Barnatt on TUF, but he betrayed me by putting on some of the most boring fights I've ever seen, so I'm really enjoying seeing him get blasted here.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Jon Delos Reyes had an "Avoid Lloyd" sexual harassment panda patch on his shorts

http://imgur.com/QWgKrnx

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
neat slam

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

cormier-esque

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol Barnatt didn't even attempt to defend that, he just kind of fell

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

nice penis uppercut mark

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
munoz is so gassed that if you squint he looks kind of like mark hunt

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Lol I'm Eric del Fiero desperately calling Barnatt to punch a gassed man and getting no action in return.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

munoz is so gassed that if you squint he looks kind of like mark hunt

hahahahahaha

please judges give that to munoz

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Marching Powder posted:

nice penis uppercut mark

a proud wrestling tradition

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Triticum Guzzler posted:

a proud wrestling tradition

*nods sagely*

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
UFC shoulda brought Mark here a few years ago.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010
Barnatt is getting lit up by Mark Munoz of all people, maybe he needs some work on his striking defense

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
I guess Barnatt might have a chin after all

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

CommonShore posted:

I just did some poking around on wikipedia, and Magny is now tied for all-time 3rd-longest winning streak at 170 lb:

GSP 12
Fitch 8
Magny / Brown 7
Hughes 6

This makes me think that Brown could be the correct next fight for him, and the more I think about it the more I like it.

Fun fact:

GSP's 12 fight streak took place between August 2007 and November 2013, the first 7 were between August 2007 and March 2010 (31 months)
Fitch's 8 fight streak took place between July 2003 and March 2008, the first 7 were between July 2003 and September 2007 (49 months)
Brown's 7 fight streak took place between February 2012 and May 2014 (25 months)
Hughes first 6 fight streak took place between November 2001 and November 2003 (24 months) and his second took place between June 2004 and September 2006 (27 months)

Magny's 7 fight streak took place between February 2014 and May 2015. 13 months.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

I'm a little sad now we never got Chael/Munoz, that could've been a fun wrestle fest.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

congratulations munoz bittersweetsmileyface

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002
i'm glad munoz did all that without getting embarrassed or flatlined, i hope he enjoys his life

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
This was a really nice feelgood moment for Munoz, who by all accounts is one of the nicest guys in mma.

EDIT:

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i'm glad munoz did all that without getting embarrassed or flatlined, i hope he enjoys his life

Yeah, same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canada jezus
Jul 18, 2011

haha oh poo poo barnatt got handled.

• Locked thread