Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Chicks always dug it when I drank whiskey straight on dates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
step one is find one that tastes less rear end-like than the rest

step two is don't be a bitch.

Cursed Lumberjack
Nov 14, 2006
A rather unfortunate logger indeed.
you could buttchug the whiskey op

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
stranahans or breckenridge neat is my jam these days

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
I'm drinking more bourbon these days, but it's pretty much always straight or with a single ice cube if I'm feeling particularly candy assed.

Blizzy_Cow
Feb 27, 2006
When one burns one's bridges, what a wonderful fire it makes

Pulp Can Move posted:

OP doesn't understand doing anything straight.

:captainpop:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

PotatoManJack posted:

Well, neat usually means chilled where I am, but not on the rocks. I guess I don't need to distinguish that from straight though as it is a small difference.

Neat can also come with a small glass of water on the side so that you can dilute it a tiny bit if you choose

This is not neat, neat means nothing but straight from the bottle

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
if you want to get hammered just drink anything. if you want to be a pretentious dickhole ( hi ) who says they enjoy it, you should be using some distilled water to reduce it to 30-35% before drinking. then :

1. put some whisky in mouth
2. swirl it around gently. not like mouthwash, but let it coat the entirety of the mouth and tongue.
3. swallow and hold breath for a few seconds.
4. then exhale.
5. enjoy.

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009

The Rage posted:

This is not neat, neat means nothing but straight from the bottle

Hmmm... I think I may have been using the term incorrectly then. Upon further research, it looks like straight up is what I've been refering to (although there is some confusion around usage it seems - I seem to be one of those people).

You learn something every day.

Mr. Hand
Apr 28, 2015

by Cowcaster
I drink Old Crow.

Portland Sucks
Dec 21, 2004
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
check out a balvenie scotch

the 17 year tastes like liquid gold

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
don't drink poo poo op and it actually isn't that bad, like something that isn't in a plastic jug

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Portland Sucks posted:

check out a balvenie scotch

the 17 year tastes like liquid gold

yeah this guy knows what's up, it tastes like honey, not burning death

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
I was given a bottle of Highland Park 18 years for Christmas and it was velvet on the tongue.

Sadly, I got drunk with my dad one night when he was visiting, and we polished off the bottle.

Hot Wet Pizza Slut
Jun 10, 2012

lovely to look at
delightful to hold
but if you shall break it
to you it is sold
A man named... Wild Turkey 101

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I lost a good portion of colon due to a butt funneling accident while I was in community college

alexandr is that u

Ardemia
Jan 2, 2004

IT IS MY RIGHT TO GET BEHIND THE WHEEL WHEN I'VE PUT BACK SIX SHIRLEY TEMPLES OK

:patriot:

Goobish posted:

Take a hit of weed, hold it in, then take a shot of whiskey, blow hit of weed out. You're welcome.

youre supposed to chug a beer while doing this, its called a strikeout

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

It's easy when you have a greater pain inside you already.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

With emphasis on you being a bitch OP.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

lordoftheT posted:

It helps if you aren't a bitch OP.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
the best thing about drinking johnnie walker is it pretty much triggers whisky hipster nerds. like you can see their tiny minds going that-is-not-single-malt-whisky and making GBS threads their pants

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

vug posted:

the best thing about drinking johnnie walker is it pretty much triggers whisky hipster nerds. like you can see their tiny minds going that-is-not-single-malt-whisky and making GBS threads their pants

Johnnie Walker is good stuff.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i will continue to champion eagle rare as king of bourbon and whiskey in general. buy eagle rare, drink it straight, it's awesome.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

psyopmonkey posted:

Johnnie Walker is good stuff.

yeah double black is the poo poo

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

vug posted:

blended scotch is good

single malt is good

all scotch is good

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

practice.

Cyberball 2072
Feb 17, 2014

by Lowtax
A week or two ago while watching that silly boxing match I did whiskey shots with my uncle, my cousin's husband and his step-dad, a bunch of people older and I assumed far more manly than I. Im not huge on hard liquor shots and dont care for whiskey at all but was fairly surprised and impressed with myself for giving the best no-sell out of the group. Old cowboy and old italian man were all like blehhhh and I figured id be the one retching.

Thats my most recent whiskey story, thanks for reading.

Edit: My best friend used to put down bottle after bottle of bushmills night after night but he's a hardcore alchy so the poo poo just dont phase him, I would be long dead however.

Synonamess Botch
Jun 5, 2006

dicks are for my cat
its easier to drink thru your vagina but if you dont have one you just gotta make do

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope
Johnny Walker Blue is absurdly good. You don't even have to particularly like whiskey to enjoy it.

Expensive as hell though.

Artificial Idiocy
Jul 11, 2008
Johnny Walker Blue does taste good, but you can get equally good-tasting single malts for 1/3 the price.

DONKEY SALAMI
Jun 28, 2008

donkey? donkey?

Try some Japanese whiskey. Might work get you used to straight

Yamazaki

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Some whiskey is good but mostly people who drink it drink poo poo whiskey in a childish display of manliness like this guy i saw today who had a hemi (lol) logo on his car and was bald and had a goatee like drat i bet if you called him a fag hed get in your face amd tell you to say it again and rhen i would and id kiss him on the mouth and hed finally stop pretending and id sit on his lap while we rode the mustang or whatever it was that generic boxy car model you know the one tgen hed carry me across the threshold to his too small for a 30 year old apartment and wed have middling to disappointingly quick sex and hed smoke a cig and get angry if i asked if he had any menthold then hed stare at me and wonder where it all went wrong while enjoying his lovely whisky and his lovely cigarette because hes a man and thats what men do

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
Kvas is a very good mixer if you can find it.

Gobblecoque
Sep 6, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

Some whiskey is good but mostly people who drink it drink poo poo whiskey in a childish display of manliness like this guy i saw today who had a hemi (lol) logo on his car and was bald and had a goatee like drat i bet if you called him a fag hed get in your face amd tell you to say it again and rhen i would and id kiss him on the mouth and hed finally stop pretending and id sit on his lap while we rode the mustang or whatever it was that generic boxy car model you know the one tgen hed carry me across the threshold to his too small for a 30 year old apartment and wed have middling to disappointingly quick sex and hed smoke a cig and get angry if i asked if he had any menthold then hed stare at me and wonder where it all went wrong while enjoying his lovely whisky and his lovely cigarette because hes a man and thats what men do

lol

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'm going to a whiskey and jazz party tomorrow. I'll probably be drinking a lot of whiskey straight.

Womyn Capote
Jul 5, 2004

one of the most bitchmade betabux orbiter bluepill ops ive seen in a LONG time

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i have a drinking problem

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pl4plPGRG8o

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

Glenmorangie is a good starter whisky

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Artificial Idiocy posted:

Johnny Walker Blue does taste good, but you can get equally good-tasting single malts for 1/3 the price.

Can you name some? Cause that sounds pretty awesome

• Locked thread