Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Ah well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk's hand is updated.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tirelessness and stamina to move SE, gold die to power up swift reflexes and take out the orcs. May as well go out on a high note

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I hate to say it but the gold die can't be used at night! ... on the other hand your Sorcerors are still up so I just used them.

Wolfhawk levels and picks up a command token right at the end.

It is Norowas' turn.

FINAL TURNS (Prayer of Weather in effect - +1 to all movement costs up to a max of 5!)
Norowas (Captain Bravo) - 6+3 hand, 16 deck.
Goldyx (CirclMastr) - 6 hand, 10 deck, 1 keep, 1 card spared.
Arythea (berenzen) - 7+2 hand, 1 deck, 3 keeps.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | City Status | Site Reference | Unit Reference

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Forward March! for three free movement. Then activate my Fire Mages for a red mana token and a red crystal. I'll play both of my March cards, along with Determination and Threaten sideways for an additional six movement. Nine movement should be enough to get me to the orcs manning their little wall south of Arythea's fort. I'll use the red mana token to power Demolish, and a red mana die to power Into the Heat. My Catapults will wipe all trace of those orcs off the face of the earth. Then Norowas will throw an end-of-campaign kegger with his Amotep Freezers.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not entirely sure what path you're taking to get there, though. Remember, if you move into Arythea's fort you attack it.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

If I attack her fort do I still get fame from it?

Istvun
Apr 20, 2007

A better world is just $69.69 away.

Soiled Meat

Captain Bravo posted:

If I attack her fort do I still get fame from it?

You get half the fame.

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

And a keep for end-of-game points.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Fuckit, then. Forward March! for the three free movement. Fire Mages for a token and a crystal. March for two movement, which should get me to the keep. Red Token for Destroy to eliminate fortifications. Red Mana Die for Into the Heat to boost my Catapults which should clear whatever defenders are unlucky enough to be inside.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The enemy is actually a bit tough, which means Norowas' original plan doesn't work (5 Armor / Physical Resist). For the sake of moving the game along, though, activating the Freezer's blue ability drags enough armor off them for the catapults to punch through them without Into The Heat.

Norowas gets 2 Fame and levels right at the end, autodrawing Mana Storm and who cares about skills at this point.

It is Goldyx's turn! Goldyx gets his spared card. (Hand is updated.)

FINAL TURNS (Prayer of Weather in effect - +1 to all movement costs up to a max of 5!)
Goldyx (CirclMastr) - 6+1 hand, 10 deck, 1 keep.
Arythea (berenzen) - 7+2 hand, 1 deck, 3 keeps.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | City Status | Site Reference | Unit Reference

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Pass

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Crack my 2 green crystals to double power March . Play unpowered Stamina . Move 10 total. Attack the keep.

Draw the blue mana, discard a wound for a black mana for Blizzard . With burning power to make it icefire siege attack 9. If it's guardsmen, shield block them first. Healing ritual my 2 wounds away.

berenzen fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Oct 10, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea Healing Ritual's a wound into Goldyx' hand, ruining his perfect deck at the last second. How rude.

Score wrap-up coming in a while...

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Map

Fame

Final Status

Scoring

quote:

Take your Fame.
Cities - 7 points for each city leader. 4 if you helped. Winner of this category gets a bonus 5, 2 if tied.
Knowledge - 1 point per Advanced Action. 2 points per Spell. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Loot - 1 point per pair of Crystals. 2 points per Artifact. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Leader - Score Fame equal to each Unit's level, halved if wounded. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Conqueror - Score 2 per monastery, mage tower, or keep taken. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Adventurer - Score 2 per adventure site i.e. ruins, dungeons, etc. Winner gets 3, 1 if tied.
Beating - Lose 2 per Wound. 'Winner' gets an extra -3, -1 if tied.
Arythea (berenzen)
  • Starting Fame: 129
  • Cities: 14 + 2
  • Knowledge: 11
  • Loot: 7
  • Leader: 2
  • Conqueror: 14 + 3
  • Adventurer: 10 + 3
  • Beating: -4
Goldyx (CirclMastr)
  • Starting Fame: 34
  • Cities: 0
  • Knowledge: 3
  • Loot: 8 + 3
  • Leader: 8
  • Conqueror: 0
  • Adventurer: 4
  • Beating: -2
Norowas (Captain Bravo)
  • Starting Fame: 53
  • Cities: 14 + 2
  • Knowledge: 14 + 3
  • Loot: 1
  • Leader: 15 + 3
  • Conqueror: 6
  • Adventurer: 2
  • Beating: -12
Wolfhawk (Opopanax)
  • Starting Fame: 25
  • Cities: 0
  • Knowledge: 4
  • Loot: 6
  • Leader: 4
  • Conqueror: 4
  • Adventurer: 2
  • Beating: -16 - 3
FINAL SCORES

Wolfhawk (Opopanax): 25
Goldyx (CirclMaster): 58
Norowas (Captain Bravo): 101
Arythea (berenzen): 191

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

A huge thanks to all my players for sticking it out for the entirety of a five month thread involving a very difficult-to-learn board game they were mostly coming into blind! Don't put much stock in the scores, if any - getting the hang of Mage Knight is very difficult, and learning the kind of tempo to go at is not something that will click for everyone on their first try, or indeed ever. At the very least, I hope this has given people a chance to try a game they otherwise wouldn't have and decide whether they like it or not.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtEuGfV9ZTM

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That was cool, thanks for devoting waaaaayyyy too much of your time to it, stelas!

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Honestly I'm gonna have to attribute most of my victory to sing of wind + Prayer of weather. You can see how I was able to move quickly across the map with it. The mobility allowed me to cross vast sections of the map and set up assaults with few cards.

But thanks Stelas, it was a tonne of fun.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Yeah, don't let the link fool you, there's no sour grapes. I was a fool to rest on my laurels as often as I did, when my nearest competitor had a billion forts and Prayer of Weather. :doh:

Thanks for the awesome game, Stelas! I'm seriously considering buying it now, it seems like it would run much smoother in person.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Bravo posted:

I'm seriously considering buying it now, it seems like it would run much smoother in person.

The hardest part by far is learning, and remembering, all the fiddly little bits of rules. Once you've got them down the majority of the game goes fairly easily. Playing solo on something like vassal to move the pieces around it can take me 45 minutes to knock out a game.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Thanks very much for running the game, Stelas. I know I wasn't always the most rapid player, but I never gave up (well, I certainly gave up on winning fairly early, but you know what I mean).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

So when's Shades of Tezla? :v:

oh and i guess good job to all the players and all that jazz

• Locked thread