Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

CirclMastr posted:

Then engage the baddie next to me, using the white die from the Source for powered Swiftness for ranged attack 3 to kill it without having to block or deal with Brutal.

Unfortunately not - that little pentagon with the fist in it next to its armor means it is Physical Resist, and will halve any non-Ice, non-Fire attack. You'd need to do an effective 6 ranged to ranged it out. (You can reveal the tile and then fight it, though, yes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Well crap. Alright, make it a red die and powered Fire Bolt to zap it for 3 fire ranged.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The orc explodes. Easy as. Thanks to the reputation boost you get from killing an orc, Goldyx is up to a free +1 influence each turn! This situation generally tends not to last very long.

The orc token that's just been revealed is a neat one. That boulder on the right means its attack is Cumbersome - you can spend Move to reduce its attack value prior to blocking or wounding you.

It is Norowas' turn.

Arythea (berenzen) - 5+1 hand, 9 deck.
Wolfhawk (Opopanax) - 5 hand, 8 deck.
Goldyx (CirclMastr) - 5 hand, 13 deck.
Norowas (Captain Bravo) - 5 hand, 13 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame Tracker | City Status | Site Reference | Unit Reference

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
I'll play Concentration, with a green mana die, to boost Stamina to six move. I'll spend three of those move to head northeast into the desert, and another two move to reveal the tile to my East, leaving me with 1 spare move.
I'll then play Swiftness and March to get another 4 move, bringing me to five, and challenge the orc catapult. I'll spend all five move blunting it's attack, take one wound of damage, and then play Rage and my Utem Crossbowmen for 5 damage, which will kill it despite the physical resist.

Edit: Also, don't forget to stock one of my deed cards for Sparing Power.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Strictly speaking, via Lost Legion rules, you can't do that. Lost Legion differentiates between 'the move phase' and 'the attack phase' and any movement not used in the move phase is lost at the end of it, so your spare 1 move would vanish. This change was done to balance out a couple of weird 'I rocket across the countryside' strategies.

(Practical upshot is you'd play Swiftness and March to move up, then Concentrate+Stamina to blunt its attack, and just wouldn't search.)

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Ugh, that sucks! Yeah, I guess nixing the search is the best move.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Norowas levels and picks up a command token.

It is Arythea's turn.

Arythea (berenzen) - 5+1 hand, 9 deck.
Norowas (Captain Bravo) - 5 hand, 8 deck, 1 card spared.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Take a blue mana die to power Stamina and enter the dungeon.

Hope for no werewolf.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Come ooooon, werewolf! :getin:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

berenzen posted:

Take a blue mana die to power Stamina and enter the dungeon.

Hope for no werewolf.

To double check, that's the maze, not a dungeon - you're going in the 4 branch?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Sorry, yes, 4 branch in the dungeon. I want blizzard drat it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The dungeon reveals a Crypt Worm.

Arythea (berenzen) - 5 hand, 9 deck.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Take 2 wounds.

Discard a Wound for a Red Mana, use it to power Improvisation for attack 5, discarding March, play Swiftness (sideways), bringing me to attack 6. Kill.

Take Snowstorm//Blizzard as my reward.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It is Wolfhawk's turn. A reminder that anyone else can go into the maze, but only choose the 2 move / 6 move paths.

Arythea (berenzen) - 5+1 hand, 7 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 23:05 on May 28, 2015

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Shouldn't I be at 6 cards because of the keep?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll take the white mana die and Crystallize it, then use Swift Reflexes and Determination Sideways to head for the village and recruit some thugs

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

berenzen posted:

Yes, sorry. I'll fix in a sec.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I'll take the white mana die and Crystallize it, then use Swift Reflexes and Determination Sideways to head for the village and recruit some thugs

To check: are you paying any influence cards to recruit them this time, or waiting 'til next turn? (Unit cost in influence is in their top-left.)

berenzen posted:

Hands are updated.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Actually I'll just go ahead, Opopanax can easily append stuff if needed.

It is Goldyx's turn.

Wolfhawk (Opopanax) - 5 hand, 5 deck.

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

I hate my hand.

I'll use Will Focus to get a green crystal, then play Swiftness plus Threaten sideways to move NE one space and cry that I can't get to anywhere.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Goldyx creeeeps northwards.

It is Norowas' turn.

Goldyx (CirclMastr) - 5 hand, 10 deck.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Discard Determination and Rest to remove the wound from my hand. Don't forget to stockpile a card.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

It is Arythea's turn.

Norowas (Captain Bravo) - 5 hand, 5 deck, 2 cards spared.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Discard a Wound for cycling purposes
Play stamina for Move 2 and explore NE

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stelas posted:

To check: are you paying any influence cards to recruit them this time, or waiting 'til next turn? (Unit cost in influence is in their top-left.)

Hands are updated.

Whoops. Ok I guess I will immediately use that crystal to power up promise and play stamina sideways for the extra 1

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

Whoops. Ok I guess I will immediately use that crystal to power up promise and play stamina sideways for the extra 1

At the time you only had Promise and Refreshing Walk in your hand, so it's got to be those two, but I'll go ahead and shuffle that in real quick now.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk slightly belatedly picks up some Thugs. Hand/board are updated.

Arythea goes to take a peek. Since it's nighttime, she can't see into the mage tower without actively walking in there.

Arythea (berenzen) - 4 hand, 7 deck.
Wolfhawk (Opopanax) - 5 hand, 3 deck.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Wait, how did Arythea get to discard a wound? I want to be able to do that! :v:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Bravo posted:

Wait, how did Arythea get to discard a wound? I want to be able to do that! :v:

Arythea used Invocation (her skill) to discard it for a red/black mana token. She should theoretically immediately nominate red or black, just in case of unknown things later in her turn (like a tile reveal), but I'll allow it this time because it doesn't change the timing of anything on her turn.

This is about where I should explain scoring. At the end of the game, you get several categories to score in:
  • Start with your existing amount of Fame.
  • There are 4 cities in the game. The leader of each city - that is, the one who kills the most enemies while taking it over - gets 7 Fame. Anyone who contributed gets 4 Fame. Whoever earns the most from this earns 5 Fame, or 2 if players are tied.
  • From here on, whoever earns the most in each category earns 3 (1 if tied) Fame.
  • Greatest Knowledge: 2 Fame per spell, 1 Fame per advanced action.
  • Greatest Loot: 2 Fame per artifact, 1 Fame per two crystals.
  • Greatest Leader: 1 Fame per level of unit - that's the roman numeral in the top right.
  • Greatest Conquerer: 2 Fame per human settlement owned (monasteries, mage towers, keeps).
  • Greatest Adventurer: 2 Fame per monster location owned (dens, dungeons, ruins, spawning grounds, tombs, mazes, labyrinths)
  • Greatest Beating: 2 Fame lost per wound in deck. -3 (-1) Fame for the one who loses most.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

I just wanna check something, I've been stockpiling a card at the start of each of my turns, correct? So when my next turn comes around, if I choose to flip Sparing Power (Which I will :v:) then I'll get to use those two cards immediately?

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Stelas posted:

Arythea used Invocation (her skill) to discard it for a red/black mana token. She should theoretically immediately nominate red or black, just in case of unknown things later in her turn (like a tile reveal), but I'll allow it this time because it doesn't change the timing of anything on her turn.

Sorry, I'll go with red. Not that it matters a ton. Power March with a green die, assault the Tower, hope that I don't get an Ice Mage.

Anything but Ice Mages/Ice Golems/Sorcerers/Familiars: Crack a White Mana Crystal to Power Mana Draw, setting the gold die to black and a red die to blue. Get Black and Blue, spend the blue on Snowstorm. Kill.

Ice Golems/Sorcerers/Familiars As above, but spend the black mana as well to cast Blizzard. Take a Wound and kill.

Ice Mages: Curse like a pirate, take 2 wounds.

But it's not going to be Ice Mages, right Stelas?

berenzen fucked around with this message at 02:35 on May 29, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Captain Bravo posted:

I just wanna check something, I've been stockpiling a card at the start of each of my turns, correct? So when my next turn comes around, if I choose to flip Sparing Power (Which I will :v:) then I'll get to use those two cards immediately?

Yep. They'll go straight into your hand.

The Mage Tower reveals an Illusionists. (3 Armor, Physical Resist, Summons Brown Token)

berenzen posted:

Anything but Ice Mages/Ice Golems/Sorcerers/Familiars: Crack a White Mana Crystal to Power Mana Draw, setting the gold die to black and a red die to blue. Get Black and Blue, spend the blue on Snowstorm. Kill.

I'll point out here: mage towers are fortified, just like keeps, so Snowstorm will mean you're taking its attack first.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Stelas posted:

I'll point out here: mage towers are fortified, just like keeps, so Snowstorm will mean you're taking its attack first.

Right, I'll just take the Blizzard Wound then and kill. Don't want a hydra or werewolf coming after me.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea takes over the mage tower, getting a free spell, and levels, getting a skill and an advanced action.

Arythea's skill picks:
Dark Paths - Each turn, if it is daytime, +1 Move. If it is nighttime, +2 Move instead.
Motivation - Once a round, draw 2 cards. If you are in last place in terms of Fame, also gain a red mana.
Alternatively, as I've mentioned before, players have the option of taking someone else's skill from the offer, but if they do this they are restricted to the right-most advanced action.

It is Wolfhawk's turn.

Arythea (berenzen) - 5+1 hand, 5 deck.
Wolfhawk (Opopanax) - 5 hand, 3 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 29, 2015

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

I'll take Prayer of Weather, Ambush and Energy Flow

berenzen fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 29, 2015

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Hands have been updated.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'll play Staminia to move into the 2 leg of the maze

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Opopanax posted:

I'll play Staminia to move into the 2 leg of the maze

You're not on the maze, you're on the space to the SW of it! The way the maze works is that you have to move onto the space (which is wastelands, so 4 move) and then spend however many move on top of that (or on the next turn) to actually go down a specific branch.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ah. Then I'll use the blue die to power up Staminia to get me there, then March on the maze

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

The maze reveals a Gargoyle - 4 Armor, Physical Resist, 5 Attack.

Arythea (berenzen) - 5+1 hand, 5 deck.
Wolfhawk (Opopanax) - 3 hand, 3 deck.

• Locked thread