Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its good but really overrated

that being said, rust cohle is a next level rear end in a top hat and thats pretty fun to watch

also that one chick that woody harrelson bangs has possibly the best boobs on earth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
haha

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
agreed op

Pox
Feb 16, 2015
I wished they had delved more into the mystery of why a podunk town was full of mega babes who can't resist Woody Harrelsons' hick cop character.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
"rust is an rear end in a top hat and woddy's chikc is hawtt"

sounds like you have some really worthwhile opinions pea-brain

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
It's a great show

teen phone cutie
Jun 18, 2012

last year i rewrote something awful from scratch because i hate myself

a bone to pick posted:

It's a show that makes you think, honestly

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
It was great but the green paint on ears thing was incredibly stupid and reaching

Should've been green gardening earmuffs

anywhoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4uxGbhO4ag

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

a bone to pick posted:

lol go post in the tviv thread if you want some 'insight'

ps the thread for the new season already sucks balls and it hasnt evne started yet. people are saying theyre not gonna bother watching it because theres going to be 'less supernatural stuff in it'

there is nothing supernatural about true detective at all

besides the quality of rear end that woody harrelson pulls in that podunk town, that is probably supernatural

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cthulhu nerds ruin everything, much like all nerds

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fetus Tree posted:

its good but really overrated

that being said, rust cohle is a next level rear end in a top hat and thats pretty fun to watch

also that one chick that woody harrelson bangs has possibly the best boobs on earth

agree with all of this

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

cthulhu nerds ruin everything, much like all nerds

this is gonna sound pretty gbs of me but i'd go so far as to say that people that strongly like things have a tendency to ruin them

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

lol go post in the tviv thread if you want some 'insight'

ps the thread for the new season already sucks balls and it hasnt evne started yet. people are saying theyre not gonna bother watching it because theres going to be 'less supernatural stuff in it'

there is nothing supernatural about true detective at all

besides the quality of rear end that woody harrelson pulls in that podunk town, that is probably supernatural

lol, so you think that when rust pulls accurate leads out of the symbols and signs in his drug flashbacks thats just what, coincidence?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

subhuman filth posted:

lol, so you think that when rust pulls accurate leads out of the symbols and signs in his drug flashbacks thats just what, coincidence?

correct

SADDLE ME UP
Dec 2, 2014
I really liked it for the first handful of episodes but then I started to get bored and I haven't bothered to finish it.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

SADDLE ME UP posted:

I really liked it for the first handful of episodes but then I started to get bored and I haven't bothered to finish it.

isnt there only like 7 episodes lol

E: theres 8

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
it was a good show

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

haha ok dude

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

SADDLE ME UP posted:

condolences on your ADHD

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

if you want to believe so bad that theres supernatural poo poo theres a thread full of other retards thatll go right along with you in tviv

or you can just post here about how you need some added/manufactured layer to the show to enjoy it, idc

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
it was a good show. also lol at anyone expecting cthulu to come out in the ending because holy poo poo you're dumb.

the louisana cinematography and setting owned bones.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
there's actually a show called "Supernatural" that i think would be a much more fitting viewing selection if you believe in magic the gathering in true detective or whatever

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
The show itself I liked. The story of the guys I liked.

The resolution of the mystery I did not like. That was dumb.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

if you want to believe so bad that theres supernatural poo poo theres a thread full of other retards thatll go right along with you in tviv

or you can just post here about how you need some added/manufactured layer to the show to enjoy it, idc

well, except there probably is. when people are writing scripts they dont just throw elements like that in there for no reason and then validate them with results. one of the things that was really cool about the show was how well they walked the line between it being a mundane, if creepy case and it being part of something larger, the way a brain-fried investigator like rust might have seen it. pivoting to a different kind of plot motif doesn't make the next season not worth watching and im excited to see what they do

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:
ur a fag

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
yep his brain is fried that is the extent of it, you nailed it

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

True Hater.

Fuck da Mods
Jun 27, 2013

fina get poz'd? :cabot: :gizz: :baby:

Fetus Tree posted:

u shud go to carcossa

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

:qq: my wizard detective used his fairy tale magic to solve spooky mysteries :qq:

Shadow
Jun 25, 2002
when ur high u just see more clearly man :350:

TwoStepBoog
Apr 12, 2008

subhuman filth posted:

honest question, what leads did he get from his flashbacks?
i don't remember him like learning anything from them

i just remember people freaking out about the hallucination he had in front of the yellow king and saying that's proof the show was supernatural

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TwoStepBoog posted:

i just remember people freaking out about the hallucination he had in front of the yellow king and saying that's proof the show was supernatural

people see what they want to see

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

"the main character experiences visions that pull him several times accurately through complete dead ends in the case, and also has vivid sensory hallucinations whenever he's near the yellow king's work, well before any of the other characters are aware of them. this was intended by the writers of the show to be a series of complete coincidences. rust cohle is mr. magoo."

-forums terrible brain user Fetus Tree

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

TwoStepBoog posted:

the one that most immediately comes to mind is the spiral bird formation that led him to the ruined house

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
you are really mad about true detective facts, you might want to step back before you throw out silly phrases like

quote:

-forums terrible brain user Fetus Tree

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

youre right i was angry and i hit you with my best shot, dire insult "terrible brain user." i hope we can get over this and know that i dont actually think you have a terrible brain probably

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
its ok because my post doesnt even make sense since you did in fact throw out that phrase already

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

also the gunfight in beaumont scene was loving incredible and i hope theres more poo poo like that in season 2

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Bad news everyone op died and went to fag heaven he's happy now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollis Brownsound
Apr 2, 2009

by Lowtax
STOP THE PRESSES!

GOON THINKS THING, GENERALLY CONSIDERED GOOD, REALLY IS NOT.

News at 11

• Locked thread