Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Hollis Brownsound posted:

STOP THE PRESSES!

GOON THINKS THING, GENERALLY CONSIDERED GOOD, REALLY IS NOT.

News at 11

i dont think anybody here has posted that they dont think true detective is good though

E: except that one guy with the attention span of a loving parakeet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
gbs is a flat circle

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I know like 4 people that didn't like it because there wasn't a twist at the end. Idiots.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

a while ago there was a cadre of retarded goons that were like "actually true detective is, in retrospect, terrible." but they dont seem to have shown up yet

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fetus Tree posted:

i dont think anybody here has posted that they dont think true detective is good though

E: except that one guy with the attention span of a loving parakeet

theres always one guy who doesn't read and pops into threads going "omfg goons hate a popular thing that normal people like, color me suprised!" when literally no one is hating that thing except than the original edgy OP of the thread

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i stand by what i said about it being overrated but really most decent shows are probably overrated if you spend enough time on the internet where all the superfans tend to be vocal about their opinions

i forgot about some stuff though. forgot that rust bangs woody harrelsons wife hahah. also forgot that dope chick from banshee was in it

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
i know it might be an unpopular opinion but i liked the show

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
true detective is pretty bad. if i want to watch a show about magic and poo poo i'll just watch the big bang theory

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!

Libelous Slander posted:

true detective is pretty bad. if i want to watch a show about magic and poo poo i'll just watch the big bang theory

BAZINGA

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

SADDLE ME UP posted:

I really liked it for the first handful of episodes but then I started to get bored and I haven't bothered to finish it.

good, the first few episodes are good and then it devolves into a lovely show for smart people who want to show how smart they are by uhhhh watching TV

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Xaris posted:

theres always one guy who doesn't read and pops into threads going "omfg goons hate a popular thing that normal people like, color me suprised!" when literally no one is hating that thing except than the original edgy OP of the thread

i dont think in this particular case that my OP is particularly edgy

adamarama
Mar 20, 2009
Can we just circle the thread back to that chick's tits? They were the most supernatural thing in the show.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

every moment past that shootout where they narrarate the cover-up version as the actual events are playing are really poo poo and bad but that part is good so stop watching then and assume they hosed up the cover-up and go to jail the end

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

subhuman filth posted:

also the gunfight in beaumont scene was loving incredible and i hope theres more poo poo like that in season 2

It really was an awesome scene.

Also woody's fantasy girlfriend was hella hot.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Fetus Tree posted:

i dont think in this particular case that my OP is particularly edgy

oh not yours since it wasnt like "[popular x] is a bad thing why do people like it??" type troll threads, but just in general those types

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
my only real problem with the show is that it climaxes in the middle of the season and then the end feels disappointing by comparison. season 2 looks pretty good a new trailer for it came out yesterday

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

ArtIsResistance posted:

good, the first few episodes are good and then it devolves into a lovely show for smart people who want to show how smart they are by uhhhh watching TV

this is like people who watch mockumentaries and get confused because there's no laughtrack and they don't know where the jokes are or when they're supposed to laugh

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im at the part where the weird hick w the scars is finger banging who i think is his sister and it occurs to me that his sister reminds me a lot of my friends mom

im gonna show him that scene sometime and see if he agrees lmfao

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

ArtIsResistance posted:

every moment past that shootout where they narrarate the cover-up version as the actual events are playing are really poo poo and bad but that part is good so stop watching then and assume they hosed up the cover-up and go to jail the end

different gunfight but also a good one

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

im at the part where the weird hick w the scars is finger banging who i think is his sister and it occurs to me that his sister reminds me a lot of my friends mom

im gonna show him that scene sometime and see if he agrees lmfao

lol ask if you can make flowers on her

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

that's most definitely his sister

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
when i first saw the show i really thought the shootout/escaping the ghetto part was awesome but on second watch, while still awesome, it seems to lose some of its luster.

also that fist fight between rus and marty ruled in the parking lot

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Libelous Slander posted:

this is like people who watch mockumentaries and get confused because there's no laughtrack and they don't know where the jokes are or when they're supposed to laugh

uhhhh yeah sure dude

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

*jim halpert looks at camera*

WHAT THE gently caress AM I SUPPOSED TO LAUGH NOW

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

rly? I thought it was cooler the second time because the first time I didn't process that its a completely uninterrupted 5 minute cut

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

subhuman filth posted:

rly? I thought it was cooler the second time because the first time I didn't process that its a completely uninterrupted 5 minute cut

yeah im surprised as well

theres not really a lot of tension on a rewatch i guess

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I know this is a troll thread but its hard to believe you don't mean what you say OP because you're dumb as dog poo poo.

If that's the case then might I recommend sticking to daytime cable TV shows such as Law & Order SVU or Chicago PD, those are more your speed.

God speed you middle-aged retarded troll.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
hahahahaha

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

adamarama posted:

Can we just circle the thread back to that chick's tits? They were the most supernatural thing in the show.

they really were

tits are a flat circle

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Hollis Brownsound posted:

STOP THE PRESSES!

GOON THINKS THING, GENERALLY CONSIDERED GOOD, REALLY IS NOT.

News at 11

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Every southerner that I've talked to about that show says that Woody Harrelson nailed the portrayal of a blue-collar, middle-class, southern dad. Every single one of them said that he reminded them of their dad, or their uncle or whomever. None of them had ever met anyone like Rust Cohle.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
not many poeple have probably met somebody like rust cohle

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Ultra Carp

Fetus Tree posted:

its good but really overrated

that being said, rust cohle is a next level rear end in a top hat and thats pretty fun to watch

also that one chick that woody harrelson bangs has possibly the best boobs on earth

They are pretty good, but my girlfriends boobs are better

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Vim Fuego posted:

post them for comparisons sake

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!
Ultra Carp
Came in here to post 'dad bod'

Also, does anyone else think it was good but would've been better if it ended after 5 episodes?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Vim Fuego posted:

Came in here to post 'dad bod'

Also, does anyone else think it was good but would've been better if it ended after 5 episodes?

maybe, i think its fair to say the last few episodes arent as strong as the first 5

but theyre still enjoyable so probably worth having

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRqzKvXE3ZM

big business man
Sep 30, 2012

Vim Fuego posted:

:frogon:

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Zeroisanumber posted:

Every southerner that I've talked to about that show says that Woody Harrelson nailed the portrayal of a blue-collar, middle-class, southern dad. Every single one of them said that he reminded them of their dad, or their uncle or whomever. None of them had ever met anyone like Rust Cohle.

my dad smelled colors and got wet on the reg and also i died when i was a little girl so rust coal really nailed that "my dad" vibe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Good show best scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTksI6P_Xww

My brain cells after seeing the above scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGXcnWUqV-Y&t=90s

raton fucked around with this message at 22:38 on May 15, 2015

• Locked thread