Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

lol go post in the tviv thread if you want some 'insight'

ps the thread for the new season already sucks balls and it hasnt evne started yet. people are saying theyre not gonna bother watching it because theres going to be 'less supernatural stuff in it'

there is nothing supernatural about true detective at all

besides the quality of rear end that woody harrelson pulls in that podunk town, that is probably supernatural

lol, so you think that when rust pulls accurate leads out of the symbols and signs in his drug flashbacks thats just what, coincidence?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

haha ok dude

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

if you want to believe so bad that theres supernatural poo poo theres a thread full of other retards thatll go right along with you in tviv

or you can just post here about how you need some added/manufactured layer to the show to enjoy it, idc

well, except there probably is. when people are writing scripts they dont just throw elements like that in there for no reason and then validate them with results. one of the things that was really cool about the show was how well they walked the line between it being a mundane, if creepy case and it being part of something larger, the way a brain-fried investigator like rust might have seen it. pivoting to a different kind of plot motif doesn't make the next season not worth watching and im excited to see what they do

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

yep his brain is fried that is the extent of it, you nailed it

"the main character experiences visions that pull him several times accurately through complete dead ends in the case, and also has vivid sensory hallucinations whenever he's near the yellow king's work, well before any of the other characters are aware of them. this was intended by the writers of the show to be a series of complete coincidences. rust cohle is mr. magoo."

-forums terrible brain user Fetus Tree

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

TwoStepBoog posted:

honest question, what leads did he get from his flashbacks?
i don't remember him like learning anything from them

i just remember people freaking out about the hallucination he had in front of the yellow king and saying that's proof the show was supernatural

the one that most immediately comes to mind is the spiral bird formation that led him to the ruined house

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

youre right i was angry and i hit you with my best shot, dire insult "terrible brain user." i hope we can get over this and know that i dont actually think you have a terrible brain probably

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

also the gunfight in beaumont scene was loving incredible and i hope theres more poo poo like that in season 2

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

a while ago there was a cadre of retarded goons that were like "actually true detective is, in retrospect, terrible." but they dont seem to have shown up yet

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

ArtIsResistance posted:

every moment past that shootout where they narrarate the cover-up version as the actual events are playing are really poo poo and bad but that part is good so stop watching then and assume they hosed up the cover-up and go to jail the end

different gunfight but also a good one

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Fetus Tree posted:

im at the part where the weird hick w the scars is finger banging who i think is his sister and it occurs to me that his sister reminds me a lot of my friends mom

im gonna show him that scene sometime and see if he agrees lmfao

lol ask if you can make flowers on her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

rly? I thought it was cooler the second time because the first time I didn't process that its a completely uninterrupted 5 minute cut

• Locked thread