Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Nick Brophy

Nick puts his phone in his pocket and heads off to refresh a bit before the mission. "See you guys in a few."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Able to harness the awesome power of fractions
Roy

"I think I'm about covered. Nothing too crazy, I hope." He stands up and makes to head out. He nods at whoever's still in the room in turn. "Think I need a little time to just relax after all this. poo poo." And some time to let it all sink in, at that. He'd thought the Warehouse had more of an investigative role in mind - there were elements of that here, but being a fetch-quest troubleshooter wasn't quite what he'd expected the first gig to be. Still, he decides he can work with it.

"Oh, and one more thing," Roy adds, from the doorway. "There anywhere in here I can smoke? Wouldn't want to light up and have something weird happen."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
SOD HQ

"Out in the hangar would be safe, I guess. I don't think there's anything there that might ignite from a cigarette.'

The hangar happens to be empty when Roy goes out into it.

Working on requisition lists right now and I'll update when I finish those.

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

After his relaxing and thoroughly needed shower, he dresses himself just appropriately enough to get into the nearest free bed. There's always trouble with him falling asleep in an unfamiliar bed and that's really something he feels he should have gotten over a long long time ago. Still, he lays there and shuts his eyes in the hope that the excitement and travelling of the day will allow him even a few moments of sleep before they are called into action.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

Mz. Kulagina leaves the group by way of the elevator. The group occupies itself in the area they are allowed to go. Any attempts to get into the elevator are defeated. There doesn't appear to be any other means of exit other than the elevators as well. After explorations are done, people slowly make their way to their temporary quarters.

Later on, those asleep are wakened by a loud alarm clock. Upon looking around, there's no alarm clocks to be seen.

"Your nap is over." Mz. Kulagina announces. "You have preparations to make."

She leaves the group to get themselves ready and to make their way to the conference room.

In the conference room she is again sitting at the head of the table. Now in the room is a large cart with eight boxes on it.

If anyone does anything during the two hour break, just preface your post with that and end up in the conference room.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Father Frank

Taking the time to start the day with a rosary and contemplation of The Glorious Mysteries, Frank enters the conference room fresh and well rested, both physically and spiritually. He has a wide smile on his face and a suble glow in his eyes.

"Morning. I think."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Stone

Taking the time to start the day with a rosarita and contemplation of The Porcelain Mysteries, Stone enters the conference room hungover, but somehow impeccably dressed.
He has a big frown on his face, and a stubbly growth on his cheeks.

"Has anyone seen my razor?"

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He could not manage sleep easily in the end, which was not horribly unexpected. A foreign bed in a foreign land never let him rest easy. Strange that, seeing as perhaps most of his life has been spent outside the comfort of his English home. The short time to rest does not help matters either so he simply wanders the halls of this new environment and occasionally plucks whatever food and drink happens to be left from their breakfast. As he waits, he also decides to use the time to make ready for their coming assignment. His hair is combed, his teeth are brushed and he pulls out a rather sharp tailored suit from his luggage and dresses impeccably to almost rival the dress sense of his new colleague Mr. Cooper. A shinny pair of Oxfords are also donned to complete the gentlemanly set. If he is to represent the Warehouse then he shall indeed dress to impress. After getting dressed and fetching the rest of his equipment, he returns to his aimless wandering of the halls.

The loud alarm rudely stops him from his pleasant humming and thorough counting of the hallway ceiling tiles. He's already in the conference room and sipping on tea before most of the others arrive, but not before Miss Kulagina.

"Good morning," he says to both Frank and Stone as they enter, smiling inwardly at the state of the latter and confirming to himself again why he does not drink during his first days on the job. "I believe I saw a razor in the bathroom, Mr. Stone."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

"Man, I hope that's it. It is really not a good idea to borrow things from my grooming kit, guys. Trust me."

Jack slips out to find and utilize the aforementioned shaving implement.

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Roy

He discovered that he badly needed the smoke by the time he's able to have one. Go figure. It was a hell of a mess, all this - but he knew why he was there, and Roy Cooper kept telling himself he was far too old to be worrying about how weird it all was. It was just a lot of new weird, all at once, was the thought on his mind as he stared up at the ceiling of the hangar, watching the harsh lighting brighten up the cloud of smoke above his head.

After his smoke break he pokes around a bit where and when he can - nothing invasive. He doesn't sleep . He was never much for naps anyway, and resolves thusly to needle the others for that reason. Once he hears people stirring, he wanders back into the break room.

"Morning, maybe - who can tell down here?" He shrugs that off. "You all get your beauty sleep?"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Nathan Reyes

Having taken a short nap, and then gotten himself cleaned up, Nathan walks into the conference room with a businesslike air about him. He glances at the boxes with a grin. "Are those the items we requisitioned?"

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Nick Brophy

Nick dries off his hands tosses the paper towel into the trash bin. What a strange start to the day, and a damned sight stranger it's about to get. He'd better get some sleep in, or a least a snack, but something else was more important right now.

He walked out to the hanger just as Roy was walking back in. He could smell the cigarette smoke on him as they passed in the hall. Nick grunted an acknowledgement as they passed then fished out from his pocket a pack of cigarettes of his own. The relief as the nicotine flooded into his system was palpable. It only took a moment to finish the first cigarette. The second one was always a mellower smoke, but one that he could savor for longer.

On the way back to the room he stopped in front of the janitor's closet. He reached out and tried the handle. Locked. The janitor probably has the key. There wasn't a great deal of time left before they had to get going on the mission, and it was just a janitor's closet after all.

Once he's back in the conference room Nick pours himself another cup of coffee.
"Either that or we each get a delicious 'welcome to the team' cake."

OOC: Doc, I hope you don't mind me writing in the janitor's closet was locked. I'm assuming it really is just a janitor's closet and Nick passed his curiosity roll so I won't futz with it anymore.
Curiosity self control vs 12: 3d6 5

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

At the sound of the alarm, Burke rolled himself out of bed, remembering he had left all his clothes and grooming implements back at the hotel. He didn't realize going into this that he would be spending the night here. But Geoffrey had an idea. He unlocked his phone, opened the requisition app, and decided to try something.

quote:

The suitcase inside Room 322 of the DoubleTree Hotel on West Lafayette Blvd, Detroit

Burke walked into the bathroom, took a quick shower, and headed to the conference room, wearing the same suit he had worn the previous day. "That was pretty fast.", he said, eyeing what he presumed to be everyone's' requisitions.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

Hopping on his head, he slept for two hours, quite okay with the new living situation. As soon as his head hit the sheets he went out like a light. Toby was use to being in places where sleep could easily become something that you couldn't have. Most of the job was boring, surveillance that stretched for hours to days. Noting patterns of bored security and looking for breaks in the system. Every system has its cracks, the only different is how the people deal with them. The crack could be there for years and become commonplace or even expected and appreciated. Humans can't do everything 100% of the time, and that is what Toby exploited, besides being fast and extremely quiet.

Toby emerges to the conference dressed in mostly black, his leather jack and a grey tee shirt underneath were the only things off about it. Sitting down at a seat he looks at the others, "Hi mates, caught a quick nap, and now ready for some work, how about everyone else?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

Burke gets the message that his requisition is approved. It doesn't tell him when the luggage would arrive. Nick finds that the janitor's closet is indeed locked.

Mz. Kulagina waits for everyone to enter the room and when they do she speaks.

"Gentlemen, your requisitions have arrived. On this cart there are requisitions for all of you. Jack, the stuff from the hotel is with your requisitions. Also Father, I went ahead and requested a couple things to help with the mission. I made sure everyone had some body armor, protective gloves, and night vision gear. You might find that there are other items in your request. This is- normal. I don't know what this happens, but someone higher up in our organization decided to do this and its become a standard practice. Each of the boxes have your names on them, so you can come up and get them.

You're fine El Spamo. Below are the lists of what everyone gets. Items with an asterisk behind them have special properties and I'll explain those properties in due time. Everything else is standard and according to the book. I spoilered all the lists, but you can look at each others lists. I only spoilered things to make the reveal more exciting.

William:
1) Unknown manufacturer Heavy Pistol, 10mm CLP Dam 3d pi+ Acc: 2 Range: 180/2,000
Weight:2.5/0.7 RoF: 3 Shots: 20+1(3) ST: 10 Bulk: -3
(3) Magazines for aforementioned gun
(1) Magazine with silver tipped rounds
(1) silver combat knife.
(1) messenger bag (large+durable).
(2) vials of holy water.
(1) pouch with a pound of rock salt.
(1) Small Tactical Light (TL8). 25-yard beam 0.25 lb
(1) wooden stake.
(1) belt to attach weapons listed above.
(1) Compact Emergency Medical Kit (+3 First Aid, Basic equipment for physician and surgery)
Pair of Multi-hazard Sharp Protective gloves
(1) Night Vision Glasses (“Night Shades”): Night Vision 8.
(1) Concealable Body armor (Vest): Location: Torso DR:16/4 (flexible)
(1) Hot Wheels Aston Martin DB5
(1) A single white sock with a hole in the heel. It is wet and smells faintly of wash-powder*

Jack Stone:
(1) S&M GIMP leather facemask (Purple)
(5) rubber gloves (Purple)
(1) NBC Suit full suit DR: 1* Weight: 3.5 (Purple)
(1) Hot Wheels Lamborghini (Electric Purple)
(1) Sonic Stun Pistol DAM: HT-3(5) aff ACC: 3 Range: 30/100 Weight: 1.8/C Rof: 1 Shots: 66(3)
(1) Bottle labeled “Neutralizer”. Bottle contains 8 oz. Of unknown black liquid*
(1) Hot Wheels Forklift (Purple)
(1) Air tight sealed hard plastic container with the label “Takeout from Taste of India (Don't forget the naan!)” on it.*
(1) Unmarked bottle about the size of a bottle for a fifth. It is filled with a clear amber colored liquid.*

Nathan:
(1) Mechanix gloves
(1) MICH helmet: Location: skull DR: 18
(1) M50 Gas Mask
(1) Barret REC7
(7) Loaded mags, 5 with Hollow Point +P, 2 with APHC +P
(1) Baffle Suppressor
(1) Tritium Reflex Sight
(1) H&K M32o
(5) Tear Gas grenades, (5) beanbag grenades
(4) Flashbang grenades
(1) Halligan tool
(1) Compact Emergency Medical Kit (+3 First Aid, Basic equipment for physician and surgery)
(1) A "boonie hat" of the style worn by American Special Forces troops in Vietnam.*

Burke:
(1) Butyl Rubber Gloves
(1 ) Filter Mask Location: eyes, face DR: 10
(1) Glass jar filled with a clear fluid.

Toby:
(1) MICH Helmet, with front mounted flashlight: Location: skull DR: 18
(1) Daewoo USAS-12
(3) mags for previous weapon
(1 ) Filter Mask Location: eyes, face DR: 10
(1) Pair of Multi-hazard Sharp Protective gloves
(18) Chemlight glowsticks
(8) Electronic compasses
(8) Emergency radio beacons
(8) Radio direction finder
(1) Handheld Hazardous Material Detector/Geiger Counter
(1) Personal digital assistant, TASHA (installed on phone)*
(1) A wide belt (three inches wide) with a four inch by four inch silver belt buckle. On the belt buckle there is a knob with two settings. "See" and "No See". While wearing it, if the knob is switch from see to no see, the wearer turns invisible for a minute. Afterwards he becomes visible and can't use the belt for two minutes. After the first use, the belt might malfunction.*

Roy:
(1) Filter Mask Location: eyes, face DR: 10
(1) Sonic Stun Pistol DAM: HT-3(5) aff ACC: 3 Range: 30/100 Weight: 1.8/C Rof: 1 Shots: 66(3)
(1) doorbuster + (1) chisel strip
(1) Hyperspectral Goggles
(1) Hand held motion Scanner (10 yard radius detection, shows all movement on a screen)
(1) Magic 23 Ball*

Nick
1) Lockpick Gun
(1) Electronic Lockpicking Kit
(1) Assault Vest Location: torso DR: 30 Weight: 12 (Not concealable. Hinged cuirass consists of
sloped, molded composite laminate reinforced by an inner layer of flexible armor.)
(1) Small First Aid Kit (basic kit)
(3) Flex Cuffs
(1) MX Animal TASER Dam 1d-3 pi- Follow up: follow-up HT-5(0.5) aff ACC: 0 Range: 7 Weight:
1.1/0.25 Rof: 1 Shots:2(3i)
(3) Reloads for previous
(1) Glock 22, .40 S&W
(3) Magazines for previous
(1) Reflex Sight, Tritium
(1) Small Tactical Light
(1) Tactical Headset
(1) Night Vision Glasses (“Night Shades”): Night Vision 8
(1) Rope, synthetic 1/4" 50’
(1) Crowbar, Titanium
(6) Chemlight
(1) CD with “CVSA software” written on it in marker
(1) High-end laptop
(1) MRE package labeled: Delmonico-5*
Tahiti request*
(1) Blue and yellow toy telescope.*

Father Frank:
(1) A plastic crucifix about six inches high and three inches across. The crucified christ figure on the crucifix looks like it belongs in a cheap horror movie with all the wounds and blood on it.The rest of the crucifix looks very garish.*

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jul 29, 2015

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Stone

Jack pokes around in his box for a bit, before breaking into laughter. "All right, your AI is pretty drat advanced. Giving them a sense of humor is the hardest thing to do."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He opens his box and is happy to find all he asked for is here, with a few surprises thrown in. The body armour is strapped on under his suit jacket and the utility belt is attached around his waist with all his new toys and weapons loaded on. Everything else that won't attach somewhere is thrown into the messenger bag. With all this now at his disposal, he feels ready to face whatever might be lurking down in that warehouse.

Noting the two items left in the box, he has to smile as he picks up the miniature Aston Martin and rolls it around on a side of the box. He looks over to Miss Kulagina. "Marvelous," he says, before pocketing the small car.

The wet sock is held up out of the box last and turned over for inspection. He pokes a finger through the hole in the heel and catches the scent of washing powder. "A loose piece of fresh laundry thrown in? Or is this one of the Warehouse's odd toys I have heard about?" He had indeed heard stories and rumours of the odd items within the Warehouse's possession. Items that could either help or hinder those who attempt to use them, or sometimes both. Unsure of what exactly this incredibly mundane looking sock might do, he decides to restrain himself from wanting to put it on to see if it does indeed do anything surprising.

"Miss Kulagina, might you know if this extra item has any special use?" Still addressing Miss Kulagina, he adds: "Also, before we get going, I would like to ask if you are aware of my unique requirements for my body should it appear that I have been killed?"

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

"I believe," She starts, "They tried to remove its sense of humor. The AI got upset when they tried to do it and made sure no requisitions would be filled correctly. Only when they said they wouldn't remove its sense of humor did it start cooperating again. The AI doesn't like anyone trying to change its programming."

"Mr. Palgraves, I am not given any information about the extra items you receive. Either they consider it above my clearance level or they want you to figure out what these things do on your own. I think its a dangerous move on their part to expect you to figure out what these things do on your own, but that's how the Warehouse does things. As for your requirements regarding your body after you die, they are noted. In the case of an emergency, your team will be sent a message regarding what to do at that point."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

"Wonderful!" he claps his hands together and turns to address the others. "It's quite simple really, chaps. All I ask is that, if it appears I am deceased, you place my body somewhere it cannot suffer any further harm. Above all else, I request you do not bury or cremate me." He would very much like to avoid all the burying business again if he can. Once was more than enough!

With Miss Kulagina offering no help or insight into his strange new piece of singular footwear, he decides to let curiosity get the better of him. "Well, if they expect us to figure out their uses for ourselves..." From his left foot, he removes the shoe and his own sock before placing on the new, wet one. He wiggles his now moist foot around then, expecting something obviously surprising to happen from donning the wet sock. With any luck this curiosity of his will not end as badly for him as it did the cat...

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

Burke rooted around in his box, finding he got everything he had requested and more. He withdrew a jar full of clear liquid and held it up to the light, wondering what the hell it was. Probably not a good idea to drink. Figuring out what it was would have to come later, he wasn't sure he had the time right now and doing chemistry in the back of a moving van was a recipe for disaster. Geoffrey put it back in the box for now, William's talk of what to do in the event of his apparent death getting his attention. "So, uh, what happens after we put your body out of the way? Do you just start patching yourself back up like some sort of comic book superhero?", he asked.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

"It was a busy day. I do not remember it all. In the morning, I thought I had lost my wallet. Then we went swimming and either overthrew a government or started a pro-American radio station. I can't really remember."
Fun Shoe
Father Frank

Surprised that the Warehouse went ahead and gave him some stuff he didn't ask for, Father Frank takes a look at the items, picking them up one by one. The Night Shades please him, making him look pretty cool when he puts them on, and the work gloves are a good idea that he should've thought of beforehand. The plastic crucifix he pockets cautiously, "It could either be a dollar store joke toy," he thinks, "or an artifact of tremendous power. There's not really an in between with this place." Finally, the priest lifts up the ballistic vest with a grunt, "Mz. Kulagina, am I really gonna need this?" He doesn't even know how to go about putting it on, "On the one hand, I wanna be protected. On the other, I'd prefer to go without the extra weight if we're just moving boxes around,"

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

I am Centurion Titus Polonius. And the only trouble I've had is that nobody seem to realize that I'm their superior officer.
Nathan Reyes

Nathan looks up from his own pile of gear, with the boonie hat perched at a jaunty angle and his new rifle partially field-stripped. "You're definitely going to want to wear the armor, Padre. Don't worry about the weight, it's actually pretty well distributed if you wear it right you get used to it after a while, and this stuff will be a lot more comfortable than an Interceptor vest, that's for sure. I'll help you adjust the fit if you want." With that, Nathan gets up and begins helping Father Frank into his armor.

I don't think this really requires a roll, right?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"Oh yeah this is what I am talking about." He says as he starts getting out his helmet and putting it on his head. The concealed vest goes next. "Irish, you got a nice cross there. I bet it does something real nice." He says as he winks and clips on his belt, "This thing looks pretty drat impressive, I don't know if I will need it this mission, but I am keeping it." The silver belt buckle in front now accent his all black outfit, and making him look more like a cowboy than Toby would have thought. "Look like I am ready for the bush myself." Finally taking out out his shotgun he loads the big clip and cocks it. Without even a pause he straps over his shoulder, and clips the night vision glasses to his pocket as he smiles at the others.

The gasmask clips to his side by his belt, along with the chemical detector, and his other odd assortment into his various pockets.

Finally looking at the group he says, "Here you all go! Two Chemsticks, a compass a piece and we have emergency beacons and direction finders if you all feeling sketchy. Not sure how much they will be of use, but at least we have them right?" He says sticking two of the chemsticks and the compass in his pockets.

Offering everyone two chemlights, a electronic compass, a emergency beacon and direction finder if anyone wants one!

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

Still wiggling his foot to see if the wet sock does anything surprising, he looks away from it briefly to Doctor Burke. "Oh, more or less," he replies nonchalantly. "Although it may not be quite as fast as you expect. It can take hours usually, depending on how bad it is. Just long enough to get a nice nap in really."

As Toby hands over goodies, he kindly takes them from the man with a grateful smile. "Why thank you, Mr Phillips. I shall never say no to an offer of toys as fascinating as these." He places the items in his new messenger bag and then turns his full attention back to the sock on his foot.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"Thinking underground in a disabled warehouse, a compass, some light and maybe a call for help button would always be nice." Toby nodded to William, "So Willy, you got some like wolverine style healing poo poo going on?" Toby asked with a bit of a wink, sipping on tea and wondering if beer and a mini fridge was in his future, rather than in his past.

"If so, just tell me, I will stand behind you."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He chuckles at Toby's question. "That comic book hero? Hardly, I'm afraid. There are no sharp claws on my hands and I do believe that one can shrug off a bullet or explosion faster than I am capable of doing. You may stand behind me if it will make you feel safer though."

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"We'll play that one by ear." He said smirking and loading up his equipment as he looked over at Willy. "Really though, I can't imagine it will be good to be too close, if guns go off. Lets just say friendly fire isn't so friendly."

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Roy

Roy's expression upon opening his designated crate can only be described as that of a twelve year old boy's when presented with a BB gun Christmas morning. From what he can tell, the AI had done him one better than he asked, and he's never even seen a "stun gun" of quite the particular design they came up with for him. Not that it's anything more than a precaution, anyway.

He leaves most of his new toys in the box for now, but eyes what appears to be something not unlike a Magic 8-Ball suspiciously. "Seems like it didn't bother to troll me much, except for this thing," Roy says. "But since it doesn't seem to have replaced anything I asked for with it, I'm not bothered." He takes Toby's distribution of extra goodies. "poo poo, aren't you just Santa. Ha!" Then, to the Father: "With the description of what we heard might be down there, better to play it safe. I doubt they'd be bothering with sending any sort of special operatives if there wasn't anything worth needing at least a kevlar for."

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

"He's right Father, we wouldn't send you to this facility if it was just moving boxes around. Take a look at your team mates, these men weren't picked for their ability to lift. Maybe you can get by without a protective vest, but on the other hand do you want to take the chance? I wouldn't worry about whether you know how to put on the vest. We have several military veterans and former law enforcement people here and I'm sure they can make sure you wear the vest properly."

Yeah, don't worry about it Beardless. Its more of a roleplaying thing, than a dice rolling thing.

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Father Frank

"Noted and appreciated," Frank says while Nathan helps him get his armor comfortably situated, "I can just throw a cassock on over this. Never thought about how good those things are for concealing armor and weapons." He adjusts his night shades, "Battlepriest."

A Velociraptor!
Aug 20, 2007

William

He stops wiggling his foot after a while as the sock continues to do nothing out of character for a seemingly regular sock. Slightly disappointed, he swaps back on his own sock, puts on his shoe again and then places the still damp singular footwear into his bag. After all, one can never have too many socks regardless of the holes they have.
With his gear all equipped and stashed, he only has to place his new night shades into his inner jacket pocket before he stands and finishes what remains of his tea. "Right," he says, looking and feeling ready for whatever their mission might throw at him. "I do believe I am ready to be underway. Forgive me for saying, but this has been enough sitting and waiting for me. I am beyond eager to get this job underway."

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Nick Brophy

Nick sifts for the gear in his box. Some of it he sets aside for later, such as the laptop and the lockpicking kits. Most of those are in case there's future employment, if there's a restocking fee in the event he gets sent home he'll sweat that later. He then shrugs into his gear and loads up his pockets with the spare mags and other equipment. It's heavy, but they won't be trekking long distances. The MRE is cute, he'll have to try that later or save it for a rainy day. The Tahiti request goes with the rest of the stay-behind gear. Picks up the little toy telescope and peers through it, looking at Kulagina, the table, and then William who spoke last.

"Yep, time to get going."

He tucks the scope into a pocket.

"I think the AI might be paying more attention to our comments than we think. Look at this, I requested a standard level 3 vest and got a chunk of battleship plating." He raps on the clamshell armor. "Can't imagine how it got the idea that I should have more than I asked for."

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Jack Stone

Dumping most of his box into his briefcase, Jack opens the container of indian food, and takes a sniff of the mystery liquid.

paper bag with a face
Jun 2, 2007

Burke

Burke saw Jack sniffing at his bottle of mystery liquid. "Oh, you got one too? Want to trade?", he said with a chuckle. "I'll be ready in just a moment; let me go grab my things.", Burke said as he walked out of the room, requisition box in hand. Geoffrey walked back to back to his locker and grabbed his backpack and suitcase lab, being careful to put the glass jar in a place where it would not easily break.

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

Taking out his pistol out of his pocket he cocked and locked it before putting it back in his hostler. Finally with all of the contents strapped to him, Toby looked ready too. "I'm ready to go mates, lets shove off here and get to where the action is." Toby said rubbing his belt and feeling good, and it was only then he remembered his other enhancement. "Tasha you there?" He spoke to his phone carefully, and swept the smart phone for the Tasha app to try to use it. Taking a moment to click his helmet mic and speakers into the phone he slips it in his pocket. "Radio Test, Radio Test. I think these phones can do radio or something mates." He said fiddling with it.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

SOD HQ

Nick looks through the telescope at Mz. Kulagina. He sees something that isn't there without the telescope. It appears that there is glowing red lettering all over her.

Nick sees the words murder, kidnapping, child neglect, torture, theft written on her. He then looks at the table the table has nothing on it. It looks normal.. He then looks over at William, William has the words murder, arson, robbery, piracy with violence, manslaughter, conspiracy, contempt of the sovereign, and others that are harder to see.

Jack opens up the hard plastic container and takes a sniff. He can pick up the scent of curry in the container, but it also smells of rotting food and burnt meat. Closing that lid and sniffing the mystery liquid, he finds that it has the odor of whiskey.

Toby's phone then speaks up.

"I am here. And yes to answer your question these phones can act like radios. They are set up specifically for the team to communicate with one another." The voice is female, but very rough as though the speaker smoked two packs a day for years.

Mz. Kulagina notices Nick looking at her through the telescope.

"See something interesting?"

The stuff in the spoilers is for Nick and is out of character knowledge for everyone else. As long as no one uses that knowledge in character, you can look at what's there.

Beardless
Aug 12, 2011

Nathan Reyes

Nathan slaps Father Frank gently on the back, grinning. "There you go Padre, you're all set." He walks back to his seat, and slips on his own body armor, before making sure that the sight and grenade launcher are securely attached to his rifle. Nathan then begins to arrange the various magazines and grenades in pouches on his body armor. He puts the gas mask and the helmet into his backpack, straps the Halligan tool to the outside of the bag, and then jumps up and down a few times, making sure that nothing rattles or falls to the floor.

Doc, is it okay if I retroactively have a sling for the rifle?

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry
Toby

"Uh, Thanks Tasha. Do you have any advice for the mission, love?" Toby looked at the others and at the moment wondered if there was a voice change option, but decided against fooling with an AI. After all, maybe the AI had feelings and he wanted a personal assistant. "Either way, love remind me to buy us all a pint at the end of it." He said with a bit of a scratch of his head,

Deep State of Mind
Jul 30, 2006

Fun Shoe
Father Frank

"If the armor didn't make me feel safe, all these big men with guns are doing the trick."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fraction Jackson
Oct 27, 2007

Roy

"Probably put more stock in the guns," quips Roy, though the shot is as much directed at himself as otherwise. He then goes silent, staring halfway off into space, and halfway at the 8-Ball, which he notes is conveniently themed as a 23 instead. Their commitment to branding is remarkable for a secret organization. The other stuff gets a second, cursory evaluation, but he still seems satisfied with his initial assessment that everything is at least as good as what he asked for.

He looks up. "So how long do we get to familiarize ourselves with all this? Or are we just going to get dumped at the site and have to figure it out?"

• Locked thread