Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

tithin posted:

W3 Thread: Witcher 3 5/5 -Orv, Don't touch it, but you can look at it from over there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lovely Wizard posted:

This post could be posted in literally any thread in games

Indeed.

Kieyen
Dec 18, 2006
Greenman Gaming got's a 27% off deal on Witcher III. I already pre-ordered and downloaded on Steam. Dangs.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

Yeah I am. I'm not arguing the game is going to loving rock. I'm arguing that I bought it on PC thinking I was going to get a better experience and that isn't happening and I should have been told that. How hard is this to understand for you?

But you are are still going to give them money, removing whatever incentive they have to listen to you, let you still want your opinion to matter. Customers matter because they can take their business somewhere else, and smart customers do leverage that, but you want it both ways because you can't stand being away from your precious video games.

To them, you and others like you are just crazy people shouting into the abyss.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

The real question: Will REDTools allow us to mod in our own cocks? Or could we just stick a model of banana on Geralt's Ken doll crotch?

Faldoncow
Jun 29, 2007
Munchin' on some steak
I haven't been following Witcher 3 much, is there much modding tools/support/etc planned for it?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Mordiceius posted:

There should be a gamergate thread where all "those people" can post and then the mods should just permaban anyone from that thread that posts anywhere else.

Actually, just jump to the end and ban all gamergaters.

Yeah we can call it: "Witcher 3 thread: Lets Viral this into oblivion."

Let me clue you in pal. The sales are fine. The sales in the two week launch window won't slow down. The 3rd party fucks posting in this thread to deflect honest criticism of how the PC launch is being handled can rest assured the sales are in tact and still have over 1 million preorders cross platform.

How about we ban all viral marketers so we can acknowledge downfalls made by a company, which is still a good company and made a mistake here by not informing PC gamers by what was going on long before hand, get the gently caress over it with a lot of folks by acknowledging the gently caress up instead of scapegoating it, and enjoy the game regardless and hopefully correct it for the future.

Watch out. One may have to acknowledge a gently caress up and be honest with customers buying a product. But those entitled bitches should shut the hell up and be thankful those developer Gods decided to glorify us with their game while they take our money as paying customers of a product.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I just received my check for viral marketing from cd project red. I think i heard utnayan going through my garbage outside the house too, the dog just barked.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Utnayan posted:

How about we ban all viral marketers so we can acknowledge downfalls made by a company, which is still a good company and made a mistake here by not informing PC gamers by what was going on long before hand, get the gently caress over it with a lot of folks by acknowledging the gently caress up instead of scapegoating it, and enjoy the game regardless and hopefully correct it for the future.

Ahahahahah yes please take a hard right into crazy town.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

Faldoncow posted:

I haven't been following Witcher 3 much, is there much modding tools/support/etc planned for it?

There used to be, but modding would be unfair to consoles so it was removed from the game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
I'd be so much more likely to believe claims of viral marketing if the game wasn't self-published by the developer.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Utnayan posted:

Yeah we can call it: "Witcher 3 thread: Lets Viral this into oblivion."

Let me clue you in pal. The sales are fine. The sales in the two week launch window won't slow down. The 3rd party fucks posting in this thread to deflect honest criticism of how the PC launch is being handled can rest assured the sales are in tact and still have over 1 million preorders cross platform.

Watch out. One may have to acknowledge a gently caress up and be honest with customers buying a product. But those entitled bitches should shut the hell up and be thankful those developer Gods decided to glorify us with their game while they take our money as paying customers of a product.

Welcome to the first person who's made it to my ignore list outside of Auspol in five years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDajqW561KM

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
PROUD MEMBER OF THE RAPIST DEFENSE BRIGADE! DO NOT BE MEAN TO RAPISTS, OR I WILL VOTE FOR THEM WITH EVER INCREASING VIGOR!

Unlucky7 posted:

But you are are still going to give them money, removing whatever incentive they have to listen to you

I pre-purchased the game on PC after asking multiple questions on which platform to buy it on. I was going to bring my PC into my home theater area and connect it. I asked about passing sound to my theater system, how to configure that with my Soundblaster Z, all for getting much higher end graphics than my PS4 through the effort. I would have bought the game regardless because I know it will be a good game and I support the developer for releasing 16 DLC packs for free as it should be, yet they are the only ones that have the guts to say it. What I am disapointed about is the fact that I could have saved myself the effort by not pre-purchasing on steam because the PS4 version is equal to the PC version on launch at 1080p (I really could care less about 60 FPS or 30), plugged the drat thing in to my 400 dollar console, and had the same experience without the effort on my part to use more expensive hardware when it is apparent, that now, it's no longer being taken advantage of because at the last minute we find out the entire loving game was developed for an Xbox One.

I still love the company. Acknowledge they hosed up, because if no one says anything, this is one of the last companies that actually gives a poo poo about their customers, to not make the same mistake next time.

It's ok to tell your favorite developer they hosed up. This is how they learn. And.... MAKE MORE MONEY.

This quote from the developer, means they need to learn this lesson:

quote:

It isn't someting we would ever admit. Because it makes us look bad

Lesson? You look loving worse when you try to hide it and the truth comes out anyway. So loving tell people, let them make the appropriate platform purchase, and move on.

That's hard in this industry. Why? A bunch of egotistical assholes that have forgotten their lifeblood is our wallet.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 16, 2015

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I went and finished the finale of the Witcher 2 finally, and spared everybody I could, although I guess i wasn't really sparing Sile because it seemed like the right thing to do, especially in lieu of the massive amount of violence that you have no hand in. I had no idea that you ran into Aryan again at the beginning of the game with the opportunity to rescue him or that Anais could go to someone besides Ravodid. Someone posted a tattoo Roches path save that was almost exactly what I wanted the outcome to be, although they killed the dragon, so i was wondering if someone has a Roche save with the tattoo and everyone alive.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
I'm watching the Giant Bomb Not-A-Quick-Look right now and I have to say, I really appreciate (tutorial area spoiler) how Kaer Morhen's layout in W3 is identical to Kaer Morhen's layout in W1. It was really distracting how Redcliffe in Dragon Age: Inquisition looked nothing like Redcliffe in Dragon Age: Origins and I'm glad CDPR isn't making the same mistake.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
I'm so excited for this stupid game.

The Sharmat
Sep 5, 2011

by Lowtax

1stGear posted:

I'm watching the Giant Bomb Not-A-Quick-Look right now and I have to say, I really appreciate (tutorial area spoiler) how Kaer Morhen's in W3 is identical to Kaer Morhen's layout in W1. It was really distracting how Redcliffe in Dragon Age: Inquisition looked nothing like Redcliffe in Dragon Age: Origins and I'm glad CDPR isn't making the same mistake.

The throne room the Emperor holds court in at Vizima looks identical to Foltest's throne room from TW1 as well.

Lava Lamp Goddess
Feb 19, 2007

I'm so excited for this stupid game that I scheduled my tonsillectomy around it so I have three weeks off work to play the game while high on pain medicine!

Incidentally, I did the same thing for Witcher 2 back then, only instead of a tonsillectomy, it was a septoplasty. Since this is the last Witcher game, I guess I'm not having any more ENT surgeries.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man I totally blame this title for this situation. Anyways I beat the game, both savefiles uploaded in same thing because I'm lazy. 283 is alive Letho, 285 is dead Letho. Other decisions:

TATTOO REMAINS ON :siren:
Roche path.
Let Roche kill Henselt because gently caress that guy.
Spared everyone else that could be spared.
Did every sidequest, spared all trolls.
Saved Anais, gave her to Radovid (Metagaming. I think this option will have the most potentially interesting outcome in Witcher 3, but it's just a guess).

Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!3phlhbKb!0Xvb8t2tQHcj7zi99Z0FEPX5GK_GN4kc5VzdSroc7aU

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill
Confirming that I, too, am a shill.

Also, gay.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Utanayan is a true PC Gaming Master Race.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

I thought the pc master race reddit was ironic. Boy is my face red...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Archimago posted:

Confirming that I, too, am a shill.

Also, gay.

This but also a Jew, I'm what the shadow cabal calls the triple threat

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.
Does it really matter how the game looks as long as it's fun?

P.S. Based on all the screens and videos I've seen, the PC version definitely looks better than the PS4.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

I pre-purchased the game on PC after asking multiple questions on which platform to buy it on. I was going to bring my PC into my home theater area and connect it. I asked about passing sound to my theater system, how to configure that with my Soundblaster Z, all for getting much higher end graphics than my PS4 through the effort. I would have bought the game regardless because I know it will be a good game and I support the developer for releasing 16 DLC packs for free as it should be, yet they are the only ones that have the guts to say it. What I am disapointed about is the fact that I could have saved myself the effort by not pre-purchasing on steam because the PS4 version is equal to the PC version on launch at 1080p (I really could care less about 60 FPS or 30), plugged the drat thing in to my 400 dollar console, and had the same experience without the effort on my part to use more expensive hardware when it is apparent, that now, it's no longer being taken advantage of because at the last minute we find out the entire loving game was developed for an Xbox One.

I still love the company. Acknowledge they hosed up, because if no one says anything, this is one of the last companies that actually gives a poo poo about their customers, to not make the same mistake next time.

It's ok to tell your favorite developer they hosed up. This is how they learn. And.... MAKE MORE MONEY.

This quote from the developer, means they need to learn this lesson:

Lesson? You look loving worse when you try to hide it and the truth comes out anyway. So loving tell people, let them make the appropriate platform purchase, and move on.

That's hard in this industry. Why? A bunch of egotistical assholes that have forgotten their lifeblood is our wallet.

Yet you won't exercise your consumer rights because 'I waaaaant it', instead count on others to boycot to prove your point?

You are so goddamn dumb. Not to mention so goddamn paranoid. Do you seriously think most of the thread is paid shills?

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 05:13 on May 16, 2015

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002
/\ This goes for you too, hooked on phonics.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Utanayan is a true PC Gaming Master Race.

I honestly don't give a rats rear end. If I buy it for the PS4, I do so because I can plug in a disc and play the thing on my couch. If I see graphics like I did and think the PC version is way above and beyond, I'll hook my PC into my theater, DVI to HMDI through my receiver, Sound blaster Z through optical, reconfigure a preset so both pass, enter my SB software to turn on DTS/Dolby Live, set a speaker setting to speakers to make sure I get emulated 5.1, move my PC into position, run an XBox Wired Controller to my PC and sit on the couch and enjoy much higher end visuals in a MUCH higher end audio and visual experience than I do on a loving 24" dell IPS in a computer chair. When I see that the developer held back on the information which could have saved me that trouble and I could have just plugged in a disc on my PS4 which is already attached to that theater system? It's a waste of time. And it isn't that hard to tell customers otherwise. And I feel horrible for the thousands of others out there that were asking if SLI 980 GTX cards would be enough to run this bitch in Ultra settings when all that was taken away and I wonder how their recommended settings on a 770 wouldn't blast the game away given a PS4 runs it in the same spec with half the hardware.

With the way gamers are, especially here? Good developers (Like this one) are rewarded for honesty and transparency. The biggest thing missing in this industry when, believe it or not, more money will be made by being honest and humble with your customer base than lying thinking it is going to tarnish a rep. IN this case, the rep was tarnished. The game will still be good. Just give the customers a heads up next time and don't make the same mistake again.

My Advice for the 34 developers from CD reading this.

Utnayan fucked around with this message at 05:20 on May 16, 2015

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010
I'm a paid shill

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

My two cents on the graphics issue because clearly we don't have enough: The 2013 videos look better. But also every game has footage pre-release that looks better than the actual game and anyone that expects a game to look like anything revealed early in its development cycle is dumb. This has been happening to everything for years. Also who cares, game looks good anyways.

Also who cares about poo poo like DoF and SHARP BLADES OF GRASS, what I want to know is if enough polygons and processing power went towards rendering some sweet titties. That's the most important aspect of this game, IMO. There better be a chick with a bush thick enough that Hairworks affects it, otherwise you're clearly not using it to its full capacity.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Art direction over fidelity. I'm also one of those scumbags who tweaks his settings to gain an acceptable tradeoff of quality for performance.

Archimago
Jun 18, 2014

I just want to nom on Merrill

Daric posted:

Does it really matter how the game looks as long as it's fun?

P.S. Based on all the screens and videos I've seen, the PC version definitely looks better than the PS4.

BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT, YOU FOUL LYING DEMON.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Utnayan posted:

With the way gamers are, especially here? Good developers (Like this one) are rewarded for honesty and transparency. The biggest thing missing in this industry when, believe it or not, more money will be made by being honest and humble with your customer base than lying thinking it is going to tarnish a rep. IN this case, the rep was tarnished. The game will still be good. Just give the customers a heads up next time and don't make the same mistake again.

Yet you will still get the game anyway instead of punishing them with your wallet for what you see as a mistake. You REALLY don't have any integrity, do you?

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Archimago posted:

BE GONE FROM MY SIGHT, YOU FOUL LYING DEMON.

Based on the youtube video that was pulled, there is literally zero noticable difference.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Please put Utnayan on your ignore list.

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Unlucky7 posted:

Yet you will still get the game anyway instead of punishing them with your wallet for what you see as a mistake. You REALLY don't have any integrity, do you?

You really need to learn how to read entire posts before replying.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Infinity Gaia posted:

Man I totally blame this title for this situation. Anyways I beat the game, both savefiles uploaded in same thing because I'm lazy. 283 is alive Letho, 285 is dead Letho. Other decisions:

TATTOO REMAINS ON :siren:
Roche path.
Let Roche kill Henselt because gently caress that guy.
Spared everyone else that could be spared.
Did every sidequest, spared all trolls.
Saved Anais, gave her to Radovid (Metagaming. I think this option will have the most potentially interesting outcome in Witcher 3, but it's just a guess).

Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!3phlhbKb!0Xvb8t2tQHcj7zi99Z0FEPX5GK_GN4kc5VzdSroc7aU

Perfect man thanks a bunch for uploading.

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Utnayan posted:

/\ This goes for you too, hooked on phonics.

I honestly don't give a rats rear end. If I buy it for the PS4, I do so because I can plug in a disc and play the thing on my couch. If I see graphics like I did and think the PC version is way above and beyond, I'll hook my PC into my theater, DVI to HMDI through my receiver, Sound blaster Z through optical, reconfigure a preset so both pass, enter my SB software to turn on DTS/Dolby Live, set a speaker setting to speakers to make sure I get emulated 5.1, move my PC into position, run an XBox Wired Controller to my PC and sit on the couch and enjoy much higher end visuals in a MUCH higher end audio and visual experience than I do on a loving 24" dell IPS in a computer chair. When I see that the developer held back on the information which could have saved me that trouble and I could have just plugged in a disc on my PS4 which is already attached to that theater system? It's a waste of time. And it isn't that hard to tell customers otherwise. And I feel horrible for the thousands of others out there that were asking if SLI 980 GTX cards would be enough to run this bitch in Ultra settings when all that was taken away and I wonder how their recommended settings on a 770 wouldn't blast the game away given a PS4 runs it in the same spec with half the hardware.

wait, you're mad because you wasted 10 minutes?

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

Witcher 3 pays me every time someone accepts the GBA graphic downgrade

Utnayan
Sep 26, 2002

Lord Lambeth posted:

Please put Utnayan on your ignore list.

Bullet points on what was taken out:

* Level of horizon detail
* Volume Based Translucency
* Ambient occlusion and foliage density and tree count.
* Flexible Water simulation / tessellation
* Ground/Building Tesselation
* Forward lit soft particles
* Real Time Water Reflections

This was all running on a 980 GTX at 56 FPS before optimization. Anything else?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

HORMELCHILI posted:

Perfect man thanks a bunch for uploading.

No problem. I could get you a different Act 3 outcome if you want, I have nothing better to do while waiting for Monday anyways, but due to Witcher 2 save bloat needing constant pruning I no longer have any saves prior to Act 3 so I can't change killing Henselt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
I'm literally shaking over how sharp the grass is