Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

megalodong posted:

Actually, it's about ethics in gaming trailers.

Clearly we need to find the woman responsible for this and ruin her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

RatHat posted:

Signs look like they're gonna be a lot stronger in this game than previous.

Igni was pretty ridiculous in the first game.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Witcher sense has a fisheye effect when active.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Doesn't the hardest difficulty also have permadeath?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Why can't I make more Swallow potions? I'm out but when I try to make more it tells me I already have it.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So, after "Now or Never" is Triss gone forever if she leaves? Because I have an active quest where I need to show her a statue.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

WTF, I was doing the "In Wolf's Clothing" contract and suddenly a main quest called "Nameless" appeared in my log. There's no description and all the objectives are completed.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The two pocket slots are kinda dumb. It would be better if we had 4 slots that you can either put bombs or those special items.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Nakar posted:

Regarding stashing loot, I've heard you can literally just drop poo poo on the ground and it will stay there forever, but I haven't tested that. Try dropping a piece of garbage at a Fast Travel sign you visit often and see if it sticks around.

Hmm. Can you actually pick up items directly off the ground in this game? Everything you pick up are inside containers.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, there are items in the world for picking up, but when you interact with them they act like containers.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

How the gently caress do I get nekker hearts? I've been slaughtering the drat things but I don't get any hearts.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

What is it with the decoy card sometimes not letting me move left and right in a row to select the card I want?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If anyone is having inventory issues I just managed to shed a ton of weight by dismantling most of the "junk" I was carrying into crafting materials. This is especially useful with animal hides which are pretty heavy but break down into 1-2 mats that weigh .01 each.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

So I got a wyvern trophy I can't get rid of. The contract should be completed (I'm pretty sure it was from the quest for the master armorer) but it won't let me sell or drop it.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Griffin would be the best for my playstyle, but it's the worst looking armor of the witcher sets. :( And for some reason there's no change in appearance going from superior to mastercrafted.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Macaluso posted:

Is there actually a way to undo the curse of the werewolf in Skellige? I tried every bit of food in my inventory and it didn't work and in the end my only option was to kill him :/

One of the keys you find in the area opens a couple of rooms in one of the buildings. You find a note where you discover the witness you talked to was full of poo poo. Go back to him and he has an item you can use to turn him back into a human. You can at this point choose to let him go or kill him for good.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Manatee Cannon posted:

I know, I went to the alchemists to find the formula.

Did you do the sidequest in Skellige where you become some master alchemist's "apprentice"? That's the guy who should have it.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Who the hell keeps a broken rake in a tiny box on their dresser?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

NaDy posted:

Ciri's voice actor, Jo Wyatt is actually English and her accent is fine, what's so lousy about it? She's not the best actor in the game but her accent is totally genuine.

People who have a problem with Ciri's English voice are probably still traumatized by Dragon Age 2 (Jo Wyatt voiced female Hawke).

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

GrossMurpel posted:

lmao picking up each item instead of using the "take all" option

I never bother with "take all". Since I'm looting from multiple containers next to each other so often I just hammer the A button.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Do oils expire on their own at all without attacking anything? I'm wondering if there's a reason I shouldn't just have hanged man's venom on my steel sword at all times.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

The final Skellige race was a real pain in the rear end. There's a bridge that always seems to make you stop galloping and the final corner is lined with people that make you come to a dead stop if you so much as graze one of them.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

What's up with that place of haunting near Frischlow? It's just a guy swinging a pickaxe. It doesn't clear and give me XP like others do.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

OK, I need another ekimmara hide. The ones I know I killed are the one with Lambert, the one in the Dragonslayer's Grotto next to the Griffin gear, and the one in the Byway Murders contract. Anyone know of any others I can find? I really want superior hanged man's venom.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Jun 5, 2015

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Greenplastic posted:

Uhm, did they remove Ekimmara hides from the recipes?!

Did they? I hope so, I have a Superior Hanged Man's Venom recipe that I can't make because I apparently exhausted the entire supply of hides in the game.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Cephalocidal posted:

Troll voice.

What have fix!! nothing

there are bug again of the lord undvik!! what fix!!! nothing LOL

they fix quest bug nope!!

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Is there no Griffin crossbow?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I can confirm that certain oils no longer require ekimmara hides. Enhanced cursed oil still does but enhanced elementa, enhanced hanged man, and superior hanged man no longer require it. I don't have the formula yet but I'm guessing superior cursed will still require it as well.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Scandalous posted:

This does not seem right to me. Do we think this was intended, or an oversight?

That doesn't seem intended since it basically makes it impossible to create greater mutagens because you need to make 3 regular mutagens first.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Unfortunately the patch didn't fix the issue I'm having where Keira is stuck standing inside her portal at Fyke Isle causing the "For the Advancement of Learning" quest to not actually finish.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Moridin920 posted:

Anyway those extra coins = another game of Gwent!

You only need extra coins for Gwent if you lose. :colbert:

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If you don't have moon dust I highly recommend making some. I was worried fighting Jenny in my Death March run because I had such a hard time on my first playthrough but I tried moon dust and I totally wrecked her.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Why would you gently caress a water hag?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

So I spent 10k at the pellar buying all his loving glyph recipes and now I discover I can't combine a bunch of my lesser glyphs. Is this just a known bug? I have a ton of less glyphs of igni, but the crafting menu says I have 0.

This appears to be a result of an earlier bug were normal glyphs were named "lesser" in your inventory. It's "fixed" in that now normal glyphs will be named as such when you pick them up, but the misnamed glyphs you already had in your inventory will still have the wrong names and won't let you combine them.

If you have a "lesser" glyph with a +5% intensity that's a misnamed one you won't be able to combine. Actual lesser glyphs have +2% intensity.

Wiseblood fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 6, 2015

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Neat thing about Gwent: Old Pals and Lambert (Kaer Morhen spoilers) If you choose the option to play gwent while you're drinking with Lambert and Eskel, if you win that counts for fulfilling the "Beat Lambert" part of that quest.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

I sure love when I'm in a heated battle and I take a potion and the "side effects" skill procs and decides to give me Cat.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If all the running around is getting to you I found the werewolf decoction to be extremely useful for running around Novigrad.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Antoine Silvere posted:

oh, coulda sworn he had a similar line in the witcher 1 but I could be mistaken :shrug:

You're probably thinking of the ending. "That sword...is for monsters!"

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Near the end, is it possible to resolve the situation with Madman Lugos peacefully?

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Big Bidness posted:

If you choose Iorveth's path in W2 you find out that Radovid is a pretty much a monster. As he leaves Loc Muinne he watches people being murdered, mutilated, raped, impaled, and burnt alive, and he stands there smirking with smug satisfaction.

That happens in either path if you don't rescue Triss. (When you rescue Triss she places the blame entirely on Sile, instead of the Letho and the Nilfgaardians blaming the Lodge of Sorceresses as a whole).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

If you use a healer and you have other retrievable healers in your discard pile then what reason is there to NOT pull them first before pulling whatever other card you want to retrieve? It just makes sense to go through the healers first to add more score to your board.