Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Lareine posted:

Anybody have a totally complete, Roche-path tattoo Geralt who leaves everybody(Síle, Letho, Aryan, Henselt, Adam Pangratt just in case) alive?

I'm nearly done with my replay that was SUPPOSED to be everyone possible alive, but I got to Henselt, heard the squeaky hinge line, and couldn't help myself, because gently caress that guy. If that's fine, I could upload it later today when I get around to doing the last quest or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Would you be so kind to make another save if you kill Letho with henselt dead in roche path? Pretty pleaseee?? It is just a quick fight!

Eh, sure, why not. Don't see why anyone would specifically want a save with someone dead, since that pretty much just means it will have no impact at all in W3, but it's not too much work to get it.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man I totally blame this title for this situation. Anyways I beat the game, both savefiles uploaded in same thing because I'm lazy. 283 is alive Letho, 285 is dead Letho. Other decisions:

TATTOO REMAINS ON :siren:
Roche path.
Let Roche kill Henselt because gently caress that guy.
Spared everyone else that could be spared.
Did every sidequest, spared all trolls.
Saved Anais, gave her to Radovid (Metagaming. I think this option will have the most potentially interesting outcome in Witcher 3, but it's just a guess).

Here: https://mega.co.nz/#!3phlhbKb!0Xvb8t2tQHcj7zi99Z0FEPX5GK_GN4kc5VzdSroc7aU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

My two cents on the graphics issue because clearly we don't have enough: The 2013 videos look better. But also every game has footage pre-release that looks better than the actual game and anyone that expects a game to look like anything revealed early in its development cycle is dumb. This has been happening to everything for years. Also who cares, game looks good anyways.

Also who cares about poo poo like DoF and SHARP BLADES OF GRASS, what I want to know is if enough polygons and processing power went towards rendering some sweet titties. That's the most important aspect of this game, IMO. There better be a chick with a bush thick enough that Hairworks affects it, otherwise you're clearly not using it to its full capacity.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

HORMELCHILI posted:

Perfect man thanks a bunch for uploading.

No problem. I could get you a different Act 3 outcome if you want, I have nothing better to do while waiting for Monday anyways, but due to Witcher 2 save bloat needing constant pruning I no longer have any saves prior to Act 3 so I can't change killing Henselt.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

1stGear posted:

The arguing will just shift over there and it will all end anyway when the game releases and we actually have something to talk about.

Only ~67 hours of downgrade talk to go!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I thought that guy was getting a month? What happened to that?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, this sucks. I'm way too antsy to play this to focus on any other game since I got my W2 saves, this thread has nothing to talk about and the entire rest of the internet seems to consist of nothing but repetitive and stupid "downgrade" complaints. Why couldn't this game have released on Friday, gently caress, I'm not gonna have a lot of time to play on Monday due to having work the next day, and here I am, sitting at home in the weekend, with no interest in playing anything else.

Popular games should release on Fridays, IMHO.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The Sharmat posted:

What did you want to talk about?

I dunno, honestly. I guess there really isn't that much to say anymore until the game releases. I'm just vaguely complaining due to lacking anything else to do right now.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I read in some review or another that on higher difficulties you get less EXP as a whole, but I have no idea how true that is. I've also heard vague rumors about monsters getting more attacks in higher difficulties but way less certain about that one.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Samurai Sanders posted:

In 1 and 2, the best equipment you could get was just some jacket or sword used by a famous person; I didn't see any indication that it was anything but just well-engineered. I like it that way.

Well, I mean, in 1 the best silver sword in the game was literally given to you by the Lady of the Lake in an extended fancy-rear end cutscene. I'd say that's pretty loving magical.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I doubt Roche will play a big part in W3 at all, but I hope that when he gets his requisite cameo he gets to do at least one silly action stunt like the falling off the bridge punch or SWORDTOSS.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Relentlessboredomm posted:

He also calls Geralt the noblest human alive if you free Saskia from the spell so he can definitely show gratitude.

Then you tell him you're not really human and he just goes OH PHEW THANK GOD I FORGOT ABOUT THAT I NEARLY BACKED DOWN FROM MY ULTRA-RACISM FOR A SEC.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Relentlessboredomm posted:

I know but he straight up beats Roche in a fight before you leave and then lets him live because he "doesn't kill the last of a species". Iorveth's pretty dope too. Roche is cooler but his path is just filled with people I want to murder.

Actually, the winner of that duel is whoever you chose as your routesplit. On Roche's route he's the one that wins.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Man, this is worrying. You're not the first person to report that the game is kinda crash-happy around Gwent. I wanted to spend so much time playing medieval Yu-Gi-Oh, you don't even know, but it seems like a major instability point.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Oh, great, YOU'RE back. Do you have nothing better to do?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Burgo posted:

Roche and ves in the trailer, oh yes.

Roche is in blue, I assume that's from giving Anais to Natalis. Or maybe it didn't matter and he went back to wearing blue anyways. Hard to guess.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Savy Saracen salad posted:

drat, Thaler being in the trailer made me really concerned about the status of the witcher 1 saves in the file I grabbed from Infinity Gaia. I hope he is still alive in your play through mate!!

Didn't beat Witcher 1, but apparently he's default alive since I met up with his agent in Flotsam. Not sure of the canonical status of the other characters though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Gobblecoque posted:

Daaaaamn nightwraiths are way tougher than their noonwraith brethren who was the fucker who gave "Jenny o' the Woods" a suggested level of 10?!

It took me a REALLY long time to perfect a strategy against them, and in the end I had to swallow my pride and just use Quen. Using Quen is basically makes everything stupidly easier, so I avoid using it as much as possible, but gently caress that fight.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

:siren:You still have access to the alternate versions of Signs even if you don't have the skill equipped, provided you put a skill point in them to unlock them!:siren:

Considering being a Witcher is all about having all the options available, I see no reason why everyone wouldn't put at least 13 points into the Signs tree now, to unlock all the alternate Signs.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Infinity Gaia posted:

:siren:You still have access to the alternate versions of Signs even if you don't have the skill equipped, provided you put a skill point in them to unlock them!:siren:

Considering being a Witcher is all about having all the options available, I see no reason why everyone wouldn't put at least 13 points into the Signs tree now, to unlock all the alternate Signs.

Okay, addendum: Weirdly enough it seems like only Igni, Aard and Yrden have this trait. Axii and Quen don't. So I guess just put points into those three instead.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Ravenfood posted:

Someone mentioned that three specific signs let you use the alternate version once you had put a point into the alt version even if you didn't "equip" the alt skill. Which signs were they? I can't find it. I put a lot of points into Igni at the beginning and its pushing me further and further down the Sign path because there are so many upgrades I want. :(

Igni, Aard and Yrden, in my experience. No idea why only those three. Might be a bug or something, hard to tell.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Phoix posted:

The scaling quest rewards are kind of a huge bummer. I did Hattori's quest line and the "sword that could kill gods" is worse than the sword I had him craft 30 seconds beforehand.

Ughhh this kinda stuff always happens in open world games and it's always a huge bummer.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Dr. Capco posted:

I spent like 30 minutes fighting the goddamned Wyvern during the Griffin armor hunt quest because it was twice my level and after all that work he died and doesn't drop any items for my trouble. :argh:

Other than that little gripe this is probably the most fun game I can remember playing in the last 10 years or so where it's easily lived up to the hype and other than the same crash issues other people have faced it's been a loving blast so far.

You're supposed to go around the Wyvern, that's why it doesn't drop anything :ssh:

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Comte de Saint-Germain posted:

I'm not 100% on how it all works, but I know that in at least one of my quests Forefather's Eve if you do the quest and burn the Pellar's father you get a regional discount for a lot of the stores in Velen.

I'm really sorry to say this Comte, but that quest was a little disappointing to me. It seemed somewhat poorly paced. You have that big cool fight in the stone circle with the chanting and the summoning of ghosts and it really seems like it's going somewhere crazy, then it just sorta stops and you get effectively a fetchquest from the Pellar to go burn his dad's body. Would've been way cooler and more interesting to have a choice to have that confrontation out in the open or something equally nuts, a unique wraith, something. It just felt like it ended on a wet fart.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Orv posted:

There are no quests for the Enhanced/Superior/Masterwork witcher diagrams.

This is incorrect, you get treasure hunt quests for them as well, same as the basic diagrams. Gotta buy them treasure maps, man!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The Novigrad general zone is such a stark contrast to Velen, it's kind of shocking. Just a small river away people are dying of hunger, witches abduct children and ancient eldritch things roam. In Novigrad it's way more about the human monsters. I expected I'd be feeling burnout by now, I've basically done nothing since Monday but play Witcher 3, but every quest is at least somewhat unique, so it never really gets boring. It's great.

I was initially a little disappointed when I went to all the notice boards in Novigrad and noticed a distinct lack of quests, but then I realized most quests in Novigrad are just from wandering about. Makes sense, less of a need for a Witcher Contract in such a civilized area. And I haven't even touched Skellinge.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Arglebargle III posted:

Novigrad and Velen are on the same area map, right?

Yes, right across the river from each other. Makes the difference even more remarkable. I'd say it's incredibly realistic in how unrealistic it is... If that makes sense. It seems like a totally human thing to do to completely ignore the problems happening right across the river.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Demiurge4 posted:

So I just finished the game. Incredible. I spent 60 hours on it and it was one hell of a ride from start to finish. Incredible story, amazing character arcs and superb acting from the voice cast. The animations, attention to detail and everything about it was just amazing.

Wow.

How in god's name did you manage that? I'm at around the same time mark, if not further, and I have barely scratched Novigrad and not even touched Skellige. Did you just rush through main plot quests?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Holy poo poo you guys. I actually found him. I FOUND HIM.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Djikstra is such a fun character, goddamn. I love this big rear end in a top hat. In fact I've yet to find a single character I don't like. In this entire game. Even the villains are fun. Well I guess Whoreson Junior wasn't likable in any way but that felt like the idea behind him anyways.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Macaluso posted:

Yeah, I also found this sweet chest armor where it had like a metal chest and two spiraly things where the arms are, and then the rest of it was this long flowing red robe thing and it looked awesome. But it wasn't anywhere close to as good as the chest I had. I wish cosmetic slots were a thing in this game (and all games)

I'm using a similar piece instead of Griffin Armor chestpiece because I haven't really felt a pressing need for the extra stats yet and it looks cool. Mine is green and short though. Cidarian Army something or another. I'm gonna be really sad when I can upgrade my Griffin Armor again and it becomes undeniably better than this thing and the minmaxer in me is forced to change out.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Griffon makes Geralt look fat and the upgrade puts these really silly spikes on one shoulder that bother the gently caress out of me.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Arglebargle III posted:

No, Griffin looks terrible. It's flimsy and crapulent. The only good thing about it is the buckles on the boots.

I like the pants too, sure as hell better than a lot of other options. I basically like everything about the Griffon set besides the chest piece, and honestly, if the model didn't make Geralt look fat I'd like that, too.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Cephalocidal posted:

I am for reals angry at the serial killer quest chain outcome. I guessed wrong, he got away, and I found the taunting letter he left me, AND I CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT OR SHOW IT TO THE PEOPLE WHO SHOULD REALLY BE MADE TO KNOW WHAT THE gently caress GAME. It's made the game since then way less fun for me. :(

That's your reward for being hasty in your assumptions. Come on, didn't you think it was suspicious at all that the letter gave you the location for the supposed next kill, and yet the dude seemed surprised to see you?

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Asehujiko posted:

I have 4 maps for the Cat school gear, 3 maps for the Griffin school gear and 2 maps for the bear school gear and I feel like I've exhausted all the armourers in Velen/Novigrad, are the remaining ones all on Viking Island? In addition, the Bear school maps don't actually give me any scavenger hunt quests, what's happening there?

The maps for bear school gear only activate once you get to Skellige, since the first few pieces are there. But yeah, the stuff is all over the place, don't worry too much about it, it's unlikely you can equip the high-end stuff yet at any rate.

I'd like to take a second to talk about my favorite tiny little feature in this game: That every single sword model in the game has its own unique rune configuration and color. It's easy to not notice unless you get one of the ones that's REALLY different (mostly elven swords) but it's a very cool little touch. The designs even change based on exactly how many runes you have slotted in!

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

Novigrad seems like the weakest of the three areas to me, for what it's worth. Skellige is super-cool and a great change of scenery.

Maybe I'm weird but I liked Novigrad more than Skellige. I really enjoyed the change of pace and dealing with the monster that is humanity for a while. Plus it has less pointless sailing.

Velen is clearly the most developed and interesting zone, however.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Caidin posted:

Is there a relible way to make shield dudes drop them? Loading screen tips says depleting their stamina does it but they just turtle up or shield bash regardless of an empty bar.

Just use Axii.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Heithinn Grasida posted:

To be honest, they were mad at the peasants mostly because they hunted and killed samurai who had survived battle in order to steal their equipment and money. So as lovely as the samurai come off in that scene, the peasants aren't great either.

On a similar note, though, I got a great ending to a quest where there were two opinions about how to deal with a monster, Geralt followed one solution, the other side didn't like it and decided to kill the person Geralt supported. Geralt didn't like that and in the resulting melee, everyone from both sides died while the rest of the village looked on weeping. Then Geralt went to the local blacksmith to have him polish the sword that he had used to kill five of the blacksmith's neighbors.

Related to that quest, I didn't kill the monster, but I assume it was an ancient lethen. Is there another chance to fight one? Because the ancient lethen mutagen decoction looks pretty awesome for an adrenaline caster build. I hope I didn't blow my only chance to get it.

I got a hilarious bug related to that quest. I took the same option that you did, but the leader of the other group seems to endlessly respawn whenever I zone back into that village, then immediately gets killed by the NPCs. It's like he's in a neverending death cycle. Also, did you know that you can pointlessly save said person you sided with? It does absolutely nothing but give you a single extra line and he dies in one hit, but it's totally doable!

I was super conflicted about that quest and actually saved to check both sides, and I was STILL conflicted. It's amazing such a small sidequest was so completely impossible for me to choose an option. Insanely good writing for such a minor thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

mcbexx posted:

I'll let you know.

I promised him to meet in the harbor, completely forgot about him, went to his shop later, got scolded for not showing up. Then I told him that I'd be there this time around (pinky swear!), forgot him AGAIN, ran into him later at night at the docks, where he triggered a dialog asking me if I was ready to go. Told him yes, ran away and embarked to Skellige islands to have some viking adventures. Haven't returned to Novigrad yet.

If he's not completely pissed off by now, then I guess you can string him along indefinetely.

If you CAN piss him off for good that would really suck, since he's the one and only master-level blacksmith in the entire game.