Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Archimago posted:

Confirming that I, too, am a shill.

Also, gay.

This but also a Jew, I'm what the shadow cabal calls the triple threat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lord Lambeth posted:

Here's how I played Roche's path.

Yea if you're not going full rampage with Roche what are you even doing. Turn Witcher into a Hong Kong crime movie, murder everyone in your path to look for a kid to save and then murder everyone else in your path.

I do have one question, in the Giant Bomb vid when they started fresh they were given an option like 'simulate a witcher 2' save. I'm not 100% what that means, obviously it's the 'do you want to import your W2 choices with that shaving scene' toggle but I don't know which option means 'yes gimmie the shave'. I assume 'no' is for that because picking yes just 'simulates' with the default save assumptions?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Utnayan posted:

drat right: On my agenda:

1) Amazon reviews will be from verified purchases only.
2) Sites like IGN who make their money off publisher dollars for ads will no longer be able to review games based on said ad revenue.
3) Publishers will no longer be able to extort gaming sites with exclusive preview material, which those sites need to generate web hits, by making them promise they need good reviews for their game.
4) Publishers will come clean on any product changes 2 months before launch. Regardless of any "free game" promotions and will be heavily hit if those publishers do not follow through on features requiring said hardware. (Gee, lookie here, this game - to be honest this is more NVIDIA's fault as they forced CD to not say anything about the PC version downgrade)

To name a few at the top of my list.

With that said, it will be a great game. But next time, loving tell the truth to your customers. And days of the viral shoutdown artists here are over.

Everyone needs to get a say, everyone can freely express their opinion without being stifled or called a troll when calling out the truth of an anindustry that has needed the wooden spoon on it's rear end for years now.

Oh, and by the way, the next target? EA's new Star Wars game which is developed within 17 months and has 4 DLC packages already developed to sell you a game at $100 to get the full experience when it should have been launched like that all along.

Long live the gaming consumer! It's time for an rear end whoopin'!

I will now vacate the thread so the honest posters here can talk about their excitement to play a good game that is about to come out.

This guy is the best performance art SA has had.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Why does my PS4 still say an hour then?! THIS IS THE REAL CONSPIRACY!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
It's unlocked on PS4!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

VanillaGorilla posted:

Dear people of White Orchard: Sorry for stealing all of your poo poo.

Love, Geralt.

Dear people of White Orchard: I'm not.

Love, Suck my dick I killed a griffon.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
So am I missing a trick to the ghost contract at the very start? Spoilers just in case because it is a neat little thing.

I got the journal and now I need to go to the well but she just attacks me when I get close, I'm paranoid that killing her somehow gives me the 'bad end' or something to this...and also she's pretty tough, am I supposed to 'stealth' it or am I just needing to kill her to move on?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sauer kraut posted:

Rest for a few hours in the hut until she's gone, then jump down the well
Read the bestiary on how to deal with noonwaraiths

Duuuuuuur I'm dumb as hell

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

theDOWmustflow posted:

Best difficulty is the third one (Blood and axe??), the one after sword and story. No free health regen means forces you to really count your orens for food. I am actually hesitant to engage mobs or veer off the beaten track because the risk of combat is that intense.

Yea that's what I'm on, having to be very careful about engaging when I'm reliant on baked apples and chicken to stay alive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Comrade Flynn posted:

Where do you find chickens cheap? They are like, my entire reward for killing a 50 year old well demon.

Pretty sure I just stole a poo poo ton of chicken from some chump.

Sorry guys, I just killed a ghost, I need this more.

And yea, speaking of places of power...we can come back to the tutorial area right? That ghost guarding the church one owned my rear end.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

GreenBuckanneer posted:

That's cool, because I already thought DAI levels were big enough as it is.

They're bigger but it's not Skyrim levels of 'here's a huge map and we peppered in mob spawn locations', the world feels very alive.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

BlackMK4 posted:

This poo poo is confusing.

Yea I seriously have no clue which option I picked, I said 'yes' because I assume 'no' means just ignoring W2 questions at all?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Man I love that the noon wraith quest, the herbalist, and the hunter all intersect, and it gets referenced in that graveyard. This is a well written game.

The lady who becomes the noon wraith was supposed to have a peaceable chat with the local lord about returning to his land but then for some reason he killed her and the village. When you ask the herbalist about the noonwraith lady she says that everything was going fine until noon wraith said something about the lord's son. The hunter, if you press him, reveals that he worked for the lord and was in love with the lord's son until a stableboy squealed. The hunter got driven off and the lord's son killed himself. The grave stone for the son says something about forgiveness for his crimes.

Yea and I love when you first meet the hunter.

"I'm a freak" "OH ARE YOU A WEREWOLF I CAN HANDLE WEREWOLVES IT'S ACTUALLY A PRETTY EASY CURSE..." "Dude I'm gay..."

Manatee Cannon posted:

When you stand in a cloud of bees, they drain your health until you move away.

You heard it here, guys, hot tip for Witcher 3: bee clouds aren't good to chill out in.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As a Triple Triad addict I know Gwent will be filling that hole.

Also sorry if it's been answered but I haven't seen it if it has, we can go back to White Orchard right? This place is so full of stuff to do but I'd like to get that griffon taken care of and advance.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
As a tip for talents, get the one that gives you more vitality asap, the griffon's mutagen is green and boosts it even more, now I'm able to take a lot of hits before being in 'oh poo poo shove a turkey down my throat' realms.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Hey that talent that makes your oiled weapons apply poison as well, is that for anyone you hit or only things that would be under the oil's effect?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tamayachi posted:

Every single contract where I have to investigate a scene to find out what caused the mess I always think it's a werewolf. Like no matter what. "Hm, giant tracks, blood everywhere." Werewolf? Nope, it's a Fiend. "Deep claw marks on the body, looks to be eviscerated." Surely a werewolf. Nope, Swamp Hag.

I am the worst witcher detective :(

That one werewolf quest must have been Christmas for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I was putting this off because I've been so slow playing I'm only like 12ish, but apparently you can just start a Hearts of Stone run with a premade 30something dude, so I guess I'll check this out after all (I got the season pass so it's already there). More games like this should have that option.