Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Hopefully that one goon who made the save editor for Dragon Age and Mass Effect and rain down a Witcher save editor upon us.

Edit: I've done one playthrough on keyboard and I'm doing another almost done playthrough on pad for witcher 2. I like the pad better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

It's really impressive how far they've come.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Please put Utnayan on your ignore list.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I beat Witcher 2 again, but it was my first time doing a roche run. It was fun. The graphics were pretty. I am excited for Witcher 3 now.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

I did Roche first and though after doing the other path I can see that's the "good" one, but Roche was definitely more fun and I'll be using that as the basis for 3.

I dunno I enjoyed Ioverth's path a lot more. Roche's path felt a heck of a lot more cynical and I found myself hating the people I had to work with a lot of the time. Whereas Ioverth side had Saskia, who's just so darn idealistic. Also Ioverth's path has the Sackful of Fluff quest.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Kimmalah posted:

Both paths have the Sackful of Fluff quest, it's just with Roche you can only do it at a particular point in the storyline when you cross the mist. And with Roche you have that weird spot by the Visionary's hut where harpies just infinitely respawn every few minutes for easy feather gathering.

Goddamnit.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Robutt posted:

Holy poo poo I'm glad I slept through all that poo poo. Was funny to read back though. (I too blame Orv with his damned wit. Thought you were being clever huh? Look what you did.)

So I'm replaying Witcher 2 over the weekend to get my save for Tuesday and while I had every intention of doing a Iorveth run, I think I have to go with Broche. It's been a while since I played the game and so I had forgotten just how awesome he is. I mean at this point I think I'd prefer Roche dong over Geralt dong. Speaking of dong - I am gay so this is important - I know we're not getting Geralt dong but what about other inferior dongs? Is there absolutely no dong or will we get some, just not Geralts?

Here's how I played Roche's path.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Badly Jester posted:

Well, I come here for the game reviews such as

We can't have corporate shills undermine the integrity of the hype train!

As for actual content, I'm not sure if this has 4K gameplay footage on the PC has been posted yet (the German babbling isn't really important, they're just talking about how Hairworks is really bad performance-wise and how impressive everything looks):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuskgsmIe6k

:allears:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I lot of my fights ended up being poke>roll away>poke>roll away ad nauseaum. It's even better when you take that skill that extends your roll length massively. It doesn't feel all that sporting but hey Witchers don't fight fair.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Andrast posted:

This but with spamming Igni instead of poking.

On topic, I love how igni looks in Witcher 3. It's like a firecracker in his hand. :allears:

Demiurge4 posted:

What the gently caress is a "real gamer"?

Somebody who hasn't played a unreal game

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 16, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Orv posted:

Horse musculature, the defining standard of fidelity for a new generation.

To be fair that's a really nice looking horse butt.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Just play Witcher 2 man, it's really good.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Samurai Sanders posted:

Wait, we actually get to meet Yennifer (who I hardly even know) in this game? The review I read made it sound like it's Geralt's quest to find her.

Yup. If Conan's video is any indication you can also screw her on a stuffed unicorn.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

black.lion posted:

How does importing a finished W2 save work? I'm that idiot that made 1M saves when I played through, there are two finished playthroughs in there somewhere but I'd be hard pressed to figure out which saves those are.

Also in Act 2 Roche I turned a corner in the winding rock bit and a troll just threw a rock at me and started attacking me. I had to kill him, and I still feel bad about it. Was there a way to make friends with him?

There should be. I just did a roche run and didn't kill a single troll. Was it fighting a couple of kaedweni troops?

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

golden posted:

I'm selling a Witcher 3 GOG key. I have no idea if this is the place to do that. I also have no idea if this will result in a ban. $25!

Try SA-Mart

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I'm going to plough the land and spread my seed far and wide.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

megalodong posted:

Are there any non-retarded streamers for this? Every one I look at has a giant facecam, and some huge fuckoff banner pop up every time someone subs, covering up half the game.

The gamespot one posted a little while ago was good

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Has the day one patch been applied? Considering it's day -1, perhaps waiting for the problem to resolve itself will work.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

It would be nice if physical copies bought online also emailed you a gog code.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I am the worst boyfriend, I always prioritize Triss lower than the other endings. And then I feel bad because what happens to mages as a whole is absolutely brutal. :ohdear:

insider posted:

Thanks for the offer, but I want a Roche path for W3 as I've seen no evidence Iorveth is even in it.

Basically want the save 5) Aryan Alive - Roche Path - Henselt Alive - Anais Saved that is on the forum + the tattoo (basically everyone who could be spared was including Letho, Saskia, and Sile). I just want maximum call backs possible in my W3 import. If I can't get one with the tattoo I'll live though.

My recent roche playthrough has Henselt and Sile dead but everyone else you mentioned alive and Anais saved. edit: oh and the tattoo, I have it.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 07:51 on May 18, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I put a timer on my phone so I don't have to keep checking the gog site like some obsessive super nerd. :spergin:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

My galaxy client says less than an hour

That can't be right

Will stay up in hope

I think the client still has kinks to work out because it says 16 hours till unlock on mine but 7 hours on the gog site.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Inverness posted:

I'm not even going to play this on release. I still haven't finished Pillars of Eternity, GTA 5, or the Witcher 2 game that I actually want to import into W3.

On that note, is there a save game editor I can use for W2? My second playthrough, the one I want to import into W3, is just at the beginning of Act 3.

I'd rather edit my first playthrough to have the choices I want than try to finish the second one while remembering how to not get raped in combat or by that loving dragon fight QTE bullshit.

Act 3 is really short compared to the other two. Poopsock your way to victory.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

It unlocks at 4 pm over on west coast NA. west coast best coast.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

shrike82 posted:

Yeah, it's pretty bizarre that goons are defending CDPR for lying about the graphics of the game
e.g. Comte talking about how the PC version looks totally different from the console versions.

I don't really feel like I've been lied to, that's the thing. I recognize that video games don't really come together until the last minute, a lot of the time. It's not like Dark Souls 2, which seemed far more scummy to me. edit: or loving Colonial Marines

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

This game looks loving incredible oh my gosh. Even Thaler looks good

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Inverness posted:

What does "poopsocking" mean in this context?

Basically grinding away at a video game at the expense of all other obligations in your life.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Robutt posted:

I simply meant I'm rushing through it so I can have my save in time for launch instead of just enjoying it like a normal person. But yeah Lord Lambeth has the proper definition.

Also has it been confirmed that items aren't going to be transferred over? Just wondering because if so I won't even bother with all the nifty crafting you can do in Act 3.

Yeah nothing carries over itemwise, as far as we know.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Yep, doesn't matter though, can't play until the official release. GoG refuses to do DRM so the PC version will be very easy to pirate. This is why there are console versions, otherwise Witcher 3 would make no money.

The Witcher 2 DRM was cracked pretty easily and was pirated heavily anyway.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

THF13 posted:

Does anything from Witcher 1 get carried over through a Witcher 2 save file? Specifically saving Adda since I think they defaulted to her being dead in Witcher 2 if you did not import a save.

Thaler is around, doing things.

T-minus 90 minutes :boom:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

My imported save worked! The tattoo shows up in the prologue even though it's supposed to take place years ago. :v:

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Savy Saracen salad posted:

What directory should I move my witcher 2 save files too? I am a bit lost

Documents/witcher2/gamesaves

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Yeah the graphics are just terrible. It's like I'm playing Ultima all over again.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

mikeraskol posted:

I'm playing this on PS4 (I know, I know) and I really like it so far, but does it feel a little bit floaty to anyone else? The controls, specifically for moving about and horseback just feel off like the character has no weight. Maybe I'm nitpicking, I don't know.

Edit: Also it says I should be level 3 for this griffin quest but I've done basically every quest available to me that I've found and I'm still not even level 2. Am I supposed to just be exploring more and grinding or something?

Did you do the ones on the notice board? Check your map to find it.

Admiral Bosch posted:

Can anyone tell me why the GOG.com version of the game is split into 7 loving downloads AND a patch? Am I missing a way to get it all in one go? This is the only game I've ever gotten from GOG; I got it for free by getting an Nvidia card.

You have to either download the GOG downloader or download the beta GOG client. Either one will let you download it all in one go.

Lord Lambeth fucked around with this message at 04:44 on May 19, 2015

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

gigawhite posted:

Anyone have issues installing with Gog Galaxy? It's downloaded everything but I've been sitting at Installing for half an hour without it seeming to do anything. I tried restarting the client.

It's entirely possible their servers are getting hammered right now.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Lareine posted:

Someone help, I really need those loving beards.

They were under extras in the client for me. Looks like they're on the website as well.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

megalodong posted:

people are allowed to express dissapointment that the open world isn't quite as open as they were led to believe.

I can't kill everything but I can kill most things. I started a fistfight for no reason in a rinky dink little town which ended with me murdering all the dudes in the area.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I have a roche save with the tattoo if people would like it. I killed Sile and Henselt though.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Elderbean posted:

How well do the gamepad controls work?

No worse than the previous game. I'm still getting used to the new game and it's quirks though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Shinjobi posted:

So I never finished the first Witcher, and so never started the second. Should I abandon the first, start the second and catch up with this thread whenever I get the chance?

The first witcher is not a bad game but it hasn't aged well. Skip it and download a save if you care that much about contiuity.