Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

I thought it was bad, but apparently now it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
yes, kill urself

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

-Misfit- posted:

yes, kill urself

judge, jury, and executioner

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

klapman posted:

judge, jury, and executioner

Yeah it was a pretty good first post.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
its actually extremely good

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

-Misfit- posted:

yes, kill urself

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

-Misfit- posted:

yes, kill urself

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

*checks notes*

Nope it's still bad humans are just overly emotional retarded apes.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

hemophilia posted:

*checks notes*

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
we need to bring back exile

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
do you think he is going to cry tonight in his cell? How about when they strap him to the table?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

we're all living with a death sentence if you really think about it

woah

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

While I respect the fact that Bostonians are basically the neanderthals of New England, I think New Yorkers should be worried about how this damages their brand.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

-Misfit- posted:

yes, kill urself

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I like Boston

Go Sox!!! (:

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Nooner posted:

I like Boston

Go Sox!!! (:

Come here and I'll fight you

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
U know OP I really considered it, but:

-Misfit- posted:

yes, kill urself

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam

hemophilia posted:

*checks notes*

If it is a capital case, the jurors must be pro-death penalty, that's part of the deal. The sad part is that studies have indicated that people who are pro death penalty are also far more likely to convict in the first place. So, if you are involved in a capital case, you are something like 5 times more likely to be convicted, even if you do not get the chair.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

genesplicer posted:

If it is a capital case, the jurors must be pro-death penalty, that's part of the deal. The sad part is that studies have indicated that people who are pro death penalty are also far more likely to convict in the first place. So, if you are involved in a capital case, you are something like 5 times more likely to be convicted, even if you do not get the chair.
jesus christ america

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
It's worth the money and the state can afford it

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast
I don't really care about the kid and I think he knew drat well the consequences of his actions regardless of his brothers influence, but people getting all gleeful and self-righteous over the state killing a young man are loving weird sociopaths.

Only correct response is grim acknowledgement and a shudder as you remember death is coming for you too, probably sooner then you think.

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014

Slime Bro Helpdesk posted:

I thought it was bad, but apparently now it's good.

hmm good point, really makes you think, etc

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

I think we shouldn't use the death penalty except in cases where someone killed lots of people and there's no doubt about their guilt or sanity.

So

Like this guy

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

I don't support the death penalty for two reasons. One, if we got the wrong guy it's irreversible. Two, having to spend life in prison seems way worse than dying to me. We should in fact do everything we can to keep these people alive as long as possible, just to extend their lovely prison lives.

General Tofu
Nov 20, 2014

by Lowtax
I'm kinda curious how the prison population would've treated him.

quote:

We should in fact do everything we can to keep these people alive as long as possible, just to extend their lovely prison lives.
I'm inclined to agree but wish that money were spent somewhere more useful.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Should make death row inmates the guinea pigs for Mars missions imho. Or Venus. Whatever. As long as we're exploring I'd be happy

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

TheJoker138 posted:

I don't support the death penalty for two reasons. One, if we got the wrong guy it's irreversible. Two, having to spend life in prison seems way worse than dying to me. We should in fact do everything we can to keep these people alive as long as possible, just to extend their lovely prison lives.

I'm against it for this reason too. I'm aiming for the most suffering possible, and being locked up in solitary seems like it would fit the bill

Allah wills it !

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Americans lust for death :911:

mikemil828
May 15, 2008

A man who has said too much
Some may question your right to destroy a man. Those who understand realize you have no right to let him live!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

genesplicer posted:

yet another reason to waive your right to a jury trial and let the judge handle it

it seems scary but seriously once you start looking at the actual data of conviction rates by idiot juries vs conviction rates by judges who do actually give a poo poo about things like 'reasonable doubt' it makes a lot of sense

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
e: gently caress

Dead Gay Romans
Mar 19, 2015

Pitbull enthusiast

General Tofu posted:

I'm kinda curious how the prison population would've treated him.

I'm inclined to agree but wish that money were spent somewhere more useful.

He would have spent the rest of his life in that insane prison in CO where we keep the real nutters like the unibomber.

something like 23hours a day isolation and no visits, no outside stuff. He would never get to interact with anyone else there and probably go mad in a few years.

Death is probably kinder.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
we should reform our prison system in general because it is insanity

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Moridin920 posted:

we should reform our prison system in general because it is insanity

they make way too much money for way too many people for this to ever happen in our lifetimes, hth

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

If we all start shooting at and killing them (the bad guys perpetuating this system), they can't arrest us all. Because some of us are likely to die and who knows if God is on our side maybe we'd overthrow the system

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Bring back Madame Guillotine, she's a bitchin' dame who knows how to rock.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

Cubey posted:

they make way too much money for way too many people for this to ever happen in our lifetimes, hth

Things will be ok when Bernie nationalizes the private prison system

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

mdm posted:

Things will be ok when Bernie nationalizes the private prison system

even in the extremely unlikely event that he made it past the primary he wouldn't have the power to do this and congress would absolutely stonewall him on it

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
actually it's really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
get bombed again

• Locked thread