Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Volume posted:

Lethal injection seems too peaceful. Can we drop him into a cage full of hungry tigers?

apparently its actually an insanely drawn-out and agonising way to die lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

what about da pee & poop

Tubes, duh.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Oberleutnant posted:

apparently its actually an insanely drawn-out and agonising way to die lmao

nah they usually pump you full of barbiturates or benzos before hitting you with the potassium chloride so you're too far gone to know what's happening

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Blue Train posted:

nah they usually pump you full of barbiturates or benzos before hitting you with the potassium chloride so you're too far gone to know what's happening

bummer

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Tell them to build this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMbAmvtujQY

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Kilonum posted:

personally, I'm all for leaving him in a cell in ADX Florence until he dies of natural causes. Preferably with pictures of Martin Richard, Krystle Marie Campbell, Lu Lingzi, Sean Collier and Dennis Simmonds (see http://www.wcvb.com/news/boston-police-officers-death-may-be-5th-death-linked-to-marathon-bombing/32965112) painted onto the walls.
This guy died because he had to crouch for a while

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

runupon cracker posted:

I hope you're prepared for the wave of stupid about to crash into this thread

first it'll be ridiculous arguments about ways they could make it cheaper

then when they're proven wrong about that, suddenly the cost won't matter

Th reason the death penalty is so expensive is because of the appeals process, right? Like they get extra appeals and stuff?

Just get rid of that.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

boom boom boom posted:

Th reason the death penalty is so expensive is because of the appeals process, right? Like they get extra appeals and stuff?

Just get rid of that.

Every post I've ever seen you make is just obscenely retarded

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Who got the death sentence to prompt this thread, Im not reading it I just want to know

Fidel Cuckstro
Jul 2, 2007

CJacobs posted:

Who got the death sentence to prompt this thread, Im not reading it I just want to know

Guangxi Clique

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

just wanna go on record as saying some people need killing. tsarnev wasn't one of them but meh whatever

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

-Misfit- posted:

yes, kill urself

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Thanks

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
My younger idiot sister is part of the Tsarnaev tween fan club, it's kind of funny that she doesn't see anything wrong with idolizing a dude that killed a bunch of people because he hates people like her

the great deceiver
Sep 23, 2003

why the feds worried bout me clockin on this corner/
when there's politicians out here gettin popped in arizona

CJacobs posted:

2 chainz its a fuckin miscarriage of justice bro i dont even know what to say

Cool NIN Shirt
Nov 26, 2007

by vyelkin

Blue Train posted:

just wanna go on record as saying some people need killing. tsarnev wasn't one of them but meh whatever

Who? Hitler? Would you kill Hitler?

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

Only baby Hitler. But then... how could you really be sure it was baby Hitler?

CJacobs posted:

My younger idiot sister is part of the Tsarnaev tween fan club, it's kind of funny that she doesn't see anything wrong with idolizing a dude that killed a bunch of people because he hates people like her

Hmm good genes in this family I think. Have you considered the fact that the US government thinks it's fine to kill really terrible people?

There are really deep quarries, like, all over the place. Just sayin'.

Does whatever god you worship ever ask for human sacrifices?

Gasoline is only 2.50 a gallon.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 16, 2015

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Can't believe you all even care about this poo poo. You know tom hardy deflated those footballs right?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

hitler saw visions of the future and what would happen in israel he was trying to help us and we hosed it up for him

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Cool NIN Shirt posted:

hitler killed hitler so I needn't think about that

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Robo Reagan posted:

hitler saw visions of the future and what would happen in israel he was trying to help us and we hosed it up for him

also this

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
As a prerequisite to being martyred you should have to gain like 50 pounds and all your emails published

Commie NedFlanders
Mar 8, 2014

death penalty should not be legal

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Egbert Souse posted:

Killing is wrong, outside of self defense, the domain of the state, so we're going to put you to death for your crimes. :rolleyes:

Death penalty is pretty bad because it kills innocents and there are questions whether killing people who are a contained threat can ever be justified. This guy though is as good a candidate for execution as you're going to find. I don't have a problem with purely retributive punishment either. Shoot him and be done with it.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Acid Haze posted:

Hmm good genes in this family I think. Have you considered the fact that the US government thinks it's fine to kill really terrible people?

There are really deep quarries, like, all over the place. Just sayin'.

Does whatever god you worship ever ask for human sacrifices?

Gasoline is only 2.50 a gallon.

I was calling my sister an idiot not making some grandiose statement on the death penalty you sperg

AlexanderCA
Jul 21, 2010

by Cyrano4747
Like 'oh no he was just misguided by his brother and had a bad childhood' like some idiots are doing is basically making GBS threads on all us other people who had lovely childhoods and didn't turn into childmurdering fucksticks.

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!
death sentence should be perfectly acceptable for truly incontrovertible crimes (which are rare, of course)

the real reason capital punishment has become unpopular is because of false-positive verdicts killing innocent people; there's no taking it back, obviously

but in a case like Tsarnaev, there was never remotely any question of his guilt. the kid is a high-functioning sociopath and there's a mountain-range of evidence proving what he did. speaking with amoral logic, why should such an individual be kept alive? his life holds zero value in captivity, and it's clear he can never be allowed freedom again. what rational point is there to keeping him in max-prison his entire life?

we have this sentimental idea that all (human) life is sacred, but it's nonsense, really. enforcing the illusion of justice is important for maintaining order in society, but cherishing every single life like it's priceless is loving stupid in a world with 7 billion human beings

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im okay with death penalties

Like when Norway incarcerated Breivik after he killed like 80 kids to show their great morals as a country? gently caress that just kill him. Don't give him a cell and a playstation for fucks sake

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

ninotoreS posted:

death sentence should be perfectly acceptable for truly incontrovertible crimes (which are rare, of course)

the real reason capital punishment has become unpopular is because of false-positive verdicts killing innocent people; there's no taking it back, obviously

but in a case like Tsarnaev, there was never remotely any question of his guilt. the kid is a high-functioning sociopath and there's a mountain-range of evidence proving what he did. speaking with amoral logic, why should such an individual be kept alive? his life holds zero value in captivity, and it's clear he can never be allowed freedom again. what rational point is there to keeping him in max-prison his entire life?

the problem with this argument is that there is no empirical standard for what could constitute "incontrovertible" guilt

there's not even an empirical standard for what constitutes regular guilt, so any attempt to come up with the former without first establishing the latter will only compound the problem, because that would carry with it the implication that people are being convicted of capital crimes when we aren't actually sure of their guilt, with the only consolation being that they aren't being killed

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AlexanderCA posted:

Death penalty is pretty bad because it kills innocents and there are questions whether killing people who are a contained threat can ever be justified. This guy though is as good a candidate for execution as you're going to find. I don't have a problem with purely retributive punishment either. Shoot him and be done with it.

justification is a pretty flimsy idea its more about what people are willing to do tbh

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

CJacobs posted:

I was calling my sister an idiot not making some grandiose statement on the death penalty you sperg

I was insinuating that you kill your sister.

I was making small talk.

Kill your sister with gasoline.

Acid Haze fucked around with this message at 23:06 on May 16, 2015

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Homeboy went to an Ivy League school. Motherfuck that guy.

E: so seriously. Rot in nothingness, oval office. You literally had an opportunity that people would kill for

killmeimmafailure fucked around with this message at 23:21 on May 16, 2015

ninotoreS
Aug 20, 2009

Thanks for the input, Jeff!

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

the problem with this argument is that there is no empirical standard for what could constitute "incontrovertible" guilt

how about just simple responsibility, then?

'guilt' and 'innocence' are themselves part of the problem here. these are at least partially irrational, easily distorted ideas, as are all moral concepts

as much as anything can be established as certain by intelligent life that isn't actually omniscient (even empiricality itself requires some portion of faith to function; in our senses, in our belief that what we perceive is truly 'real', etc), sure, responsibility for an act can be empirically 'proven'.

and as this relates to law and punishment, in an extraordinary case of hard-fact responsibility for a crime so severe that redemption or rehabilitation, morally or amorally, just isn't possible, thus making the life of the perpetrator rationally worthless, why not just end said life? i've already stated my subjective opinion that life doesn't hold the sacred value we pretend it does

ninotoreS fucked around with this message at 23:26 on May 16, 2015

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

TacticalUrbanHomo posted:

there's not even an empirical standard for what constitutes regular guilt, so any attempt to come up with the former without first establishing the latter will only compound the problem, because that would carry with it the implication that people are being convicted of capital crimes when we aren't actually sure of their guilt, with the only consolation being that they aren't being killed

if a guy says yea I did it and my confession is not coerced I'd call that being sure of their guilt

that said tsarnev did nothing wrong

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
I say kill him, revive him, then kill him again.

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

exspurt analcyst posted:

I say kill him, revive him, then kill him again.

The Battlefield 2 medic troll.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Acid Haze posted:

The Battlefield 2 medic troll.

some call it that

me? i call it justice

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Did he even have, like, a manifesto or anything? Or was it just super cool to bomb people at a marathon? Like hey, dude graduate and move back to wherever and you can fund terrorism with the big dawgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
i can confirm that it is hella cool to bomb places

• Locked thread