Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Triamcinolone
Oct 18, 2009
if only we had a system for figuring out if things like this actually happened. like a "battle" where one side has to prove their point with facts and stuff, with a lot of rules to make sure it gets done right.

or we can decide that the ugly comedian looks creepy enough to do something like that, probably best to write him off

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

burritolingus posted:

Yeah when it is based on facts. That article is literally "some guy heard a rumor (that the person who told the story refused to name names and then backed out of when Gawker started pestering) through Gawker that was attached to Louis CK through guesses, so he wrote to Louis CK with a vague 'please stop sexual harassing' message, and then Louis CK met up with him to see what's up." Gawker is a bored busybody gossiping.

That's how Seymour Hersh put that Bin Laden story together.

echronorian posted:

heresa crazy twist, everyone in the story made a stupid mistake and overall its very funny

Probably should execute them all, just to be safe.

The Noble Nobbler
Jul 14, 2003

Frostwerks posted:

and that was?

yeah let me look that up for you because oh hell i forget i don't give a poo poo

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
wy is his wife black in the show those kids are white

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

prob happened

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
lmao way to get caught in an obvious set-up Lou

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

echronorian posted:

wy is his wife black in the show those kids are white

IRL too.

Interracial marriage/adoption is the only real crime.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Also love the other Gawker article posted here that is an ex-wife saying vague things about her ex followed by anonymous STDH posts on the internet.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

burritolingus posted:

Also love the other Gawker article posted here that is an ex-wife saying vague things about her ex followed by anonymous STDH posts on the internet.

i dont actually care whether this is true or not because it should be if it isnt

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

Triamcinolone posted:

if only we had a system for figuring out if things like this actually happened. like a "battle" where one side has to prove their point with facts and stuff, with a lot of rules to make sure it gets done right.

or we can decide that the ugly comedian looks creepy enough to do something like that, probably best to write him off

No that doesn't work. Your reputation is only as good as the fucktards who speculate.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

killmeimmafailure posted:

No that doesn't work. Your reputation is only as good as the fucktards who speculate.

~*~*~fucktards who speculate~*~*~

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
He took. It out

wane tendo
Mar 19, 2005

Buglord
lewis C.K is not a very sexy criminal IMO

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,
idk if this story is true but if Louis ck were a sex criminal this is deffo the pathetic kind he would be

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

eSports Chaebol posted:

idk if this story is true but if Louis ck were a sex criminal this is deffo the pathetic kind he would be

That's why he'll never be as big as Cosby.

a bay
Oct 14, 2014

by Lowtax
The fucktards who speculate.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

eSports Chaebol posted:

Doug Stanhope took credit for it and everyone was like "but that's such a Louis CK thing to do."

Another case of a comedian stealing CK's material I guess.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 06:07 on May 16, 2015

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

satanic splash-back posted:

~*~*~fucktards who speculate~*~*~

dogdisaster
May 31, 2014

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
I can't believe an unverified source called this man a rapist. They'd never lie about rape for Internet presence or article clicks.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

burritolingus posted:

Doug Stanhope took credit for it and everyone was like "but that's such a Louis CK thing to do."

Another case of a comedian stealing CK's material I guess.

They'd both do it, but Louie would be all apologetic and awkward later. Stanhope would just cop to it and blame the coke.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

dogdisaster posted:

I can't believe an unverified source called this man a rapist. They'd never lie about rape for Internet presence or article clicks.

That's the thing: the unverified source never named names, and washed her hands of it when asked more about the story, telling them they got the facts wrong. The original article asked the readers who they thought did it, and by popular vote it's Louis CK.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 06:12 on May 16, 2015

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

The Noble Nobbler posted:

yeah let me look that up for you because oh hell i forget i don't give a poo poo

WOW! P rude dude

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
Lol at the article which says "unnamed female comedy duo". If you think that's anyone other than Garfunkel and Oates you're probably wrong.

Lotophage
Apr 26, 2015

by Lowtax
There is absolutely no way any of this dumb bullshit happened.

dogdisaster
May 31, 2014

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe

burritolingus posted:

That's the thing: the unverified source never named names, and washed her hands of it when asked more about the story, telling them they got the facts wrong. The original article asked the readers who they thought did it, and by popular vote it's Louis CK.

lol that rules. Guilty of rape by being white and commonly known in media from some rando comment. This is the future.

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

Lotophage posted:

There is absolutely no way any of this dumb bullshit happened.

you're an idiot. this is totally somethign ck would do. i aint even judging him for it its funny af

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
what is going to happen is that this is going to become a protracted media circus, culminating in years long litigation in a civil court. at the conclusion of the trial the judge will read aloud the verdict: the jury finds that season 11 of Louie begins at 9/8 central only on FXX

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
I really hope it's not true, I don't want to see him lose all his success...but honestly anyone who can turn being a disgusting person into a career is probably disgusting.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

burritolingus posted:

Not a fan of Louis CK but I really don't like Gawker and how it tries to ride the moral high horse while ruining careers with baseless, sourceless libel for ad revenue.

burritolingus posted:

Yeah when it is based on facts. That article is literally "some guy heard a rumor (that the person who told the story refused to name names and then backed out of when Gawker started pestering) through Gawker that was attached to Louis CK through guesses, so he wrote to Louis CK with a vague 'please stop sexual harassing' message, and then Louis CK met up with him to see what's up." Gawker is a bored busybody gossiping.

burritolingus posted:

its actually about ethics in gawker

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

just jackin it

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
gently caress HER RIGHT IN THE PUSSY

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
"started masturbating in front of them without warning"

pretty sure "Louis CK's entire body of work" should've served as ample warning

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Agag posted:

All this talk about Loiue CK jacking off in front of two women and that's probably not the worst thing Jim Norton did since noon today.

Truth.

Profondo Rosso posted:

you're an idiot. this is totally somethign ck would do. i aint even judging him for it its funny af

Did they pay Louis CK? It was probably funnier than his act.

quote:

One of the commenters on our post affirmed that the whispers of C.K. taking his dick out whenever he pleases are well-known within the comedy world:

I have it on good authority (friends in the biz) that it’s Louis CK. I’ve heard stories about his propensity for whipping it out and jerking off in front of women at inappropriate times (i.e. dinner table, bar, etc.).

What is included in "etc."? Children's recital, jury duty, Lamaze class, feminist convention, State of the Union, sentencing of Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, etc.

Helical Nightmares fucked around with this message at 08:13 on May 16, 2015

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

how can beating off be done without warning? if you're wearing pants, the warning is the sliding down of the pants. or unzipping. or undoing the belt.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Also Louis CK asked first.

Which is hilarious.

"Madame would you kindly..."

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I wonder how much of this is just people having heard Louis CK standup, and hearing this unsubstantiated rumor where no names are named, they immediately think "that's louis ck" because that seems like a bit from his standup

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

hemophilia posted:

I wonder how much of this is just people having heard Louis CK standup, and hearing this unsubstantiated rumor where no names are named, they immediately think "that's louis ck" because that seems like a bit from his standup

It's this plus not actually reading the actual articles/poor reading comprehension.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

hemophilia posted:

Huh I don't know why don't you go start a loving survey and find out, you gay retard

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

the thing is, even if this is assumed to be true it doesn't really matter. dude nvited some ladies up to his hotel room, asked for permissoin to take out his dick (lol), then took out his dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FreshCutFries
Sep 15, 2007

and then stopped them from leaving and jacked off to completion while staring at his no doubt extremely uncomfortable peers who obviously wanted to go

if this is to be believed, hes a piece of poo poo for doing this. ill still enjoy his work but gently caress him as a person if the story's true

• Locked thread