Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Nyaa posted:

Demo of Things to Come

The district of Akihabara, the land of Otaku, the Mecca of Anime.

I am a secret agent tasked with the extermination of monsters known as Vampires. Today, we go hunting.

Hehe, yeah! He’s an idiot and I will suck him dry… I know right? Hehehe!

Target sighted. I don’t even need the vampire scanner to know she’s a blood sucker. Proceed to taunting protocol.

Yes, I bump her several times. Taunting her to make her take the first strike against me in public so that I can claim self-defense. Totally not because I am a pervert who enjoys doing this.

Good, she took a fighting stance.

WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM, MAN!?

OW! This bitch punches my knee! She definitely knows how to fight! No doubt an elite vampire!

I will expose your skin under the sun! Your clothing will protect you no more!

BEHOLD! THE ASHING DEATH OF A VAMPIRE!

Stop right there! You pervert scum!
Office, wait! It’s not what you think! Just look!

GYAAA~! HENTAI!
PUT YOUR HANDS UP WHERE I CAN SEE IT!
Oh my god! A pervert! GET HIM!

-- Scream omitted --

The cop pulls my corpse out of the brawl and arrested me. I gladly comply with the law.

Ma’am, please believe me! There is a great conspiracy in the district of Akiba, and I am a secret agent working with the government to hunt down vampires!
Yeah, yeah. Fill out your name so we can begin your silly story.

gently caress you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Please be nice to the LPTotD winner.

Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot
I was really hoping this was an LP of the second game, that one in particular I think would be best suited to a video LP with multiple commentators.

This is great too, since it shows us new content.

Let me just post this gem of a review from the steam page of the 2nd game.

quote:

Addictive ☑
Girls ☑
Little sister ☑
Vampire Idol Sister ☑
Multiple Girls ☑
Vampire Girls ☑
Vampire Girls turn you into a Vampire ☑
Stripping Vampire so they die ☑ (male included)
Stripping Pedastrian ☑
Stripping Cop ☑
VA who done their job right ☑
Branching Storyline (Mutiple Route ) ☑
Dakimakura as a weapon ☑
Akiba town in game done with perfection ☑
Multiple Clothes , Item , Costume , Ect ☑
Great port ☐
10/10

These two games are great and their writers are hilarious. Just relax, enjoy the absurd anime story. It's like japanese Leisure Suit Larry.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Part 5: First Hunt

Mission: Return to Base

That was unsightly of her, but I shall oblige.

The Akihabara Vigilante Corps is not just a neighborhood watch.

It’s a… Hobby group.

Your arrival means you are ready, yes? Then take this. It’s a Vampire Identifier.

Obtained identification ability [Mobile Camera]

Use this to identify the vampires among the populace. It’s integrated into your phone as an app so you can use it immediately. This is the fruit of our research; please take care of it… Now, I will give you the order: Show us your capability in battle. Identify vampires in Backstreet and get rid of them. Your cooperation will also prove the willingness of this neighborhood watch to assist us. Don’t forget this is the real fight. May the urge to strip be with you… Now, go.

Mission: First Vampire Hunting

Realizing the significance of the mission, I went home to change and bring my big rear end old keyboard as a shield.

Hopefully this is adequate preparation for the coming battle because I have no idea what to prepare for a real vampire battle.

Turning on my camera app with the Select button... Press O to take a picture…

Th-the girl in front of me is not showing up in the photo! :cry:

She looks at me with disgusting eyes like I am a creepy Otaku taking a photo of the girls… Which is technically true. :smithcloud:

I think she’s considering calling the cops. I better act fast.

1) Die, you monster!
2) I am here to hunt you!
3) It’s nothing…

I am here to hunt you! *Pull out Keyboard Shield +1*
*Gasp* A real life murder-stalker who will do unspeakable things to the dead body!
Wh-what!? No! I-
Too bad you messed with the wrong vampire!
D-did you just admit that you’re a vampire?
Die, scum! *Pull out sharp-looking umbrella*

Ahhhhh! Save me, Keyboard Shield +1 ! :cry:

Screw it; I will just use it as a weapon.

It’s surprisingly effective. I will up it to 2/5 later.

He’s a vampire hunter! Get him!

Reinforcement! OW! Why does the juice bottle hurt so much!?

Oh, it’s a full bottle. The liquid does add a lot of weight!! :eng101:

Don't forget I'm here too!
Get him! He already took out one of us!

It’s not easy fighting two enemies at once!

But I shall persevere with my twisted ribcage!

I hope that juice bottle is not leaking. I could use a drink.

That was a really close call. So this is what a real battle is like.

Obtain 10000 Yen

We were observing you from afar. Excellently done. Mr. Sejima has high hopes for your talent…
I can’t even believe it myself. Just a few days ago, you were a complete outsider… That means I can rest assured when I hand you more difficult assignment in the future.
Which brings us to your next target, Abeno Yuu. He’s the one who assaulted your friend and then you. He’s a difficult opponent who has taken down many of our comrades. Find him and defeat him. Although it’s Mr. Sejima’s judgment, I thought it would be too much for you to handle… But after watching your battle, I think you can do it. He has a good eye for people.
To lure him out, we will give you responsibility for two additional areas. It’s a joint operation with other agents, but they each have their own duties and won’t be able to actively support you. That’s why, please be fully prepared. Now, please have this, Kanta.

Obtain Tungsten
Obtain Kevlar x3

You need to take care of yourself from now on. For that reason, you have to strengthen your equipment. These materials can be used for weapon and clothing enhancement. It’s not as complicated as it seems. You will figure it out when you use it. I believe there’s an old store at the Backstreet of Akiba that sells these materials too. However, the store is usually closed to wait for their import.

Lastly, the locations are In front of the Station and Central Avenue South West. The details will be sent to your email. Good luck.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jun 26, 2015

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Looks like that blue-sleeved t-shirt is really popular in Akiba. And those jeans and shoes too.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It is. In fact, I stole it from someone! :v:

Clothing should become more varied once we gain access to more area.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Nyaa posted:

It is. In fact, I stole it from someone! :v:

Clothing should become more varied once we gain access to more area.

It's a good thing we were carrying a keyboard, otherwise it would've been hard to keep all of those men apart. :psyduck:

Keep the keyboard as a 1/5 though. It's advertised as a shield which it failed as. :colbert: Additional non advertised functions shouldn't influence the score.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Keldoclock posted:

I was really hoping this was an LP of the second game, that one in particular I think would be best suited to a video LP with multiple commentators.

This is great too, since it shows us new content.

Let me just post this gem of a review from the steam page of the 2nd game.

These two games are great and their writers are hilarious. Just relax, enjoy the absurd anime story. It's like japanese Leisure Suit Larry.

you strip people in this game? :wth:

2/10

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Good thing Kanta has vampiric strength because tungsten and kevlar are heavy as poo poo.

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

SSNeoman posted:

Good thing Kanta has vampiric strength because tungsten and kevlar are heavy as poo poo.

can you imagine if he didn't!? this game wouldn't make ANY sense

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Hey Nyaa? Since Mraagvpeine is helping out with the grammar, I was wondering if you'd accept an offer for aid with word choice and phrasing? I've noticed that sometimes the way you phrase things comes across as a little clunky, and could be changed to flow better. I'd love to help, if you'd welcome it.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

Bashing vampires with a keyboard reminds me of Typing of the Dead, only instead of typing words you bash dudes over the head with a keyboard.

I'm not sure which method I prefer, to be honest. Also, that "review" for said keyboard in the middle of the update was great :allears:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I was managing to keep a straight face until the LP unleashed the secret bread arts upon some guy's junk.

Okay, you can handle this. Nothing will phase you now-

3) Bear

Son of a bitch.

Also Kanta should have used a Kensington Keyboard for life. Very cheap, they have survived countless soda spills, including those launched 15+ feet across the room from shenanigans.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Shoeless posted:

Hey Nyaa? Since Mraagvpeine is helping out with the grammar, I was wondering if you'd accept an offer for aid with word choice and phrasing?
Oh yes, absolutely. The best LP are the one we make together. :)

Dr. Snark posted:

Bashing vampires with a keyboard reminds me of Typing of the Dead,
Oooooh, I could had make a typing of dead joke. :doh:

Sometime I am just short of good joke for the item that I am using or opponent. Now is not the time to use the forest fire joke, you drat bear! :argh:

Let's try a community approach. I will post keywords for next update and you can make some jokes for it.

Guitar, Music Band, and assume undead/vampire is always a keyword.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

Nyaa posted:

Oh yes, absolutely. The best LP are the one we make together. :)

Oh, you're too kind :). I missed it earlier, but I'll check out the update later today.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Nyaa posted:

Hm? Mail?

Now you can defeat vampires like the other agents. But don't let it go to your head. You have only learned the basics, and it will take a lot more training before becoming a capable agent, like me. Which is why I recommend that you visit master when you have the time.

The higher-ups want to test your capability in a real battle, so be prepared.

Could you please not mention this oversight to Chief Sejima?

(Wait a minute, is that guy carrying a giant pair of scissors? Can we get a pair?)

Too bad you messed with the wrong vampire!

D-did you just admitted that you’re a vampire?

Oh, it’s a full bottle. The liquid does weights a lot add a lot of weight! :eng101:

Don't forget I'm here too!

Although it was Mr. Sejima’s judgment, and I thought it would be too much for you to handle…

It’s a joint operation with other agents, but they each have their own duties and won’t be able to actively support you.

These materials arecan be used for weapon and clothing enhancement. It’s not thatas complicated as it seems. I believe there’s an old store atin the Backstreet of Akiba that soldsells these materials too.

Lastly, the locations isare: In front of the Station and Central Avenue South West. The details arewill be sent to your email.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Mraagvpeine posted:

(Wait a minute, is that guy carrying a giant pair of scissors? Can we get a pair?)
Everything the NPC carries can be obtained via drop or shop. Not sure how item drop works, but I can try to get this... I think it's a cloth beating stick. I will have to obtain it to look up the name.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Jun 2, 2015

Happy Blue
Oct 18, 2012
I am an idiot, and I should remember when what I've read was in spoiler text. Nothing to see here.

Happy Blue fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Jun 2, 2015

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.
Just a heads up, in this sentence:

"But I shall preserve with my twisted ribcage! "

It's persevere, not preserve.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Thesaya posted:

It's persevere, not preserve.
Thanks, fixed. Now I have to wonder if preserving the ribcage is technically correct since Kanta is temporary undead. Maybe a joke for the future. :v:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

To sum up the mission:
1) Take down Abeno’s goons in front of the train station and at the Central Avenue South West.
2) Abeno won’t show up without his goons, so I probably need to disguise as one by acquiring their music band clothing.
3) To learn how to strip music band clothing, I need to read a band clothing magazine to figure out how to properly do it without ripping them.

The book store also has some combat technique books that can improve my fighting ability.

After researching the band clothing magazine, I figure out that you need to first unbuckle the fourth belt first, then the second belt on the waist, then un-tug the vest that stuck between belt #3 and #1…

Good, I think I know how to strip a music band clothing now. These three band members standing in front of the station might be the target…

Yep, all three of them are vampires.

I remember how tough it is to fight two vampires at once. I was half stripped with a twisted ribcage.

I can imagine my awkward death if I fight all three of them at once. I need to be prepared.

I need something strong and preferably with good reach.
I-I don’t understand, sir…
A weapon, something good enough to smash three people in a fight.
Sir! This is a MUSIC store!
Yes, I know. I figure it would be best to get something music themed to match with my music band clothing later.
Is this some kind of joke!?
No, I am serious. I will pay for whatever you have.
I-I will assume this is a Cosplay thing and not call the cops. If you want something strong and with good reach…

Alright, let’s do this… When did that guy on the right steal a traffic cone?

You aren’t human, right?
What! How did you know!? You must be silenced!

Don’t fail me now, Wooden Guitar! :pray:

Holy poo poo! This thing is amazing (and expensive)! KA-BONG! :black101:

Or maybe my vampire strength is getting stronger.

Level up (Arm Strength UP)
Level up (Clothing Comfortability UP)

Band Clothing: Acquired.

Next stop, Central Avenue South West.

But first, try out my new swag. :banjo:

After that, I hunted down the No-Pant band at Central Avenue South West. My eyes are up here, lady.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Jun 10, 2015

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
How does the levelling work? Are there random vampires? Is it only fixed story encounters or what?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Deceitful Penguin posted:

How does the levelling work? Are there random vampires? Is it only fixed story encounters or what?
You get xp when you strip and defeat someone. You can attack any npc in game and any of them can be a vampire.

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Is vampire hunting the only way to get money? Or does Kanta nick their wallets as well as their clothes?

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Please tell me we can dress our guy up in a black porkpie, cape, and mask, with a red belt, to go with that kabonger.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

SSNeoman posted:

Is vampire hunting the only way to get money? Or does Kanta nick their wallets as well as their clothes?
Main and side mission is the best source of income, particularly one special side mission. The second best way is to steal expensive clothing from anyone and sell it. Bumping people sometimes make them drop minor items, but that's the poor man way to do it.

Edit: AND LOTTERY! I JUST WON 100000 YEN. That will cover my early game expense for a while. :neckbeard:

Ayndin posted:

Please tell me we can dress our guy up in a black porkpie, cape, and mask, with a red belt, to go with that kabonger.
I seen mask and maybe red belt, not sure about cape or porkpie. I never bother collecting crazy stuff in my original playthough, but I will do my best for this LP and promise to dress as extravagance as possible. :japan:

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jun 7, 2015

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Nyaa posted:

I don't really understand; even though they have some kind of hierarchy system, it's like they don't care about sacrificing their comrades. They don't share the same emotions as us humans. What a bunch of monsters.

By gradually defeating his minions, Abeno should take action, or at least as reducing his guards enough to have a chance of will create an opening and we can defeating him.

His aides are dressed in band outfits.

But wait, there's more!

1) Take down Abeno’s goons in front of the train station and at the Central Avenue South West.

2) Abeno won’t show up without his goons, so I probably need to disguise as one by acquiring their music band clothing.

When did that guy on the right stolesteal a traffic cone?

(There's an El Kabong joke in there that makes me feel :corsair:)

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

Ayndin posted:

I love references.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Part 6: Duel

After taking care of those bands, I was awarded 10000 Yen for my effort. I could sell the extra band clothing to earn a little extra too.

Mission: Lure out Abeno Yuu

We could go beat up more vampires at random places, but I have a personal grudge with this rear end in a top hat.

Akihabara Urban Development X (UDX), a place like Akiba, but with more office tower blocks.

I found Niro agents mostly loafing around and chatting.

Now Abeno might finally show up. We will leave this place immediately. Take care.

What? Just me alone? I know you are a bit too old for band clothing and not a vampire… Nevermind.

1) Yes
2) No

Yes.
I heard. Sorrowful news.

---------------
No.
You don’t have to comfort me. So many childer were taken out. I knew I should have gotten rid of that kid. Dammit… The human who got Rui’s blood, yet joined the enemy. Ridiculous…

1) Are you talking about me?
2) (Attack him)
3) Yeaaah.

Are you talking about me?
Huh? What are yo- !? You!? An ambush!

---------------

(Attack him)

W-what ar- You!? An ambush!?

---------------

Yeaaah.
Ah? What are y- What!? How did you!? Cursed, I was tricked!

Ah ha! I see you have a guitar as well, my good sir. This is a duel to the (un)dead. :hist101:

Gah! ‘Tis is a fast opponent. His guitar might be lighter!

Crushing head on with him won’t do, I need recall the lesson I learned in Beginner Swordsmanship.

A duelist must always maintain his composure. He should fight with grace and elegance.

GRACE.

ELAGANCEEEEE!

Approach your opponent with great caution and then surprise him with an unexpected deadly assault.

With great caution.

Deadly assault!

Surprise striping!

It’s not just the blood that made you strong. Truly, my underlings were no match for you.
However, this level of exposure is not enough to turn me to ash. I have better resistance to the sunlight than others. Now! Round two!

This is the end, surrender now!
Yeah!
Dammit, this guy is just a throwaway piece… !? For the leader who employs Human Wave Tactic to personally show up, he must be confident.
Hey, we might have some scuffles in the past, but now that we are the same race… Are you satisfied being used as a sacrificial piece… ? Think about it, kid. Let me go.

1) Alright.
2) Refuse

This is a not a faction path choice, but I believe it affects faction relationship with Kanta.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Jun 26, 2015

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014
:commissar:

Refuse

He could have at least tried to bribe us.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Refuse

He's just saying whatever to get out of here. Even if our merry band double crosses us, by that point we can go Wanted on their asses.

Wales Grey
Jun 20, 2012

Nyaa posted:

This is the end, surrender now!
Yeah!
Dammit, this guy is just a throwaway piece… !? For the leader who employ human wave tactic to personally show up, he must be confident.
Hey, we might have some scuffles in the past, but now that we are the same race… Are you satisfied to be used as a sacrificial piece… ? Think about it, young man. Let me go.

1) Alright.
2) Refuse

This is a not a faction path choice, but I believe it affects faction relationship with Kanta.
Refuse. It's not a matter of species or organizations, it's a matter of people. And this dude's a big jerk. Deploy the Mordschlag.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
Surrender vampire scum who is nothing like me!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
:fuckoff:
Refuse

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

Nyaa posted:

Gahhhh, am I pissed.

So many childer (?) (children) were taken out. The human who got Rui’s blood, yet and then joined the enemy.

A duelist must always maintain itshis composure. ItHe should fight with grace and elegance.

Truly, my underlings arewere no match for you.

For the leader who employed such a human wave tactic to personally show up, he must be confident.

Are you satisfied to bebeing used as a sacrificial piece… ? Think about it, young mankid.

Refuse

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I'll say accept because this guy seems to care far more about people than our actual allies who'd sacrifice Kanta without a second thought.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
I'd accept too because he seems like a pretty cool guy.

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"

Mraagvpeine posted:

So many childer (?) (children) were taken out

"Childer" is a fairly common (post-White Wolf) term for subordinate vamps.

EDIT: Also, refuse. He's too charmless.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seraphic Neoman
Jul 19, 2011

Let's see how you'll like being left for dead, rear end in a top hat

Refuse

• Locked thread