Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Koobes posted:

Short bonus video collecting a big sword to kill things with faster.

I prefer the term "Murdersword" but I guess that works too.

I still say the hammer should do like 2x Murdersword damage :colbert:

Edit: :synpa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Episode 11: Fire Temple

This temples changes aren't too bad, but its hard to mess with the sequence of it!

Panboy
May 20, 2010

Le'me tell ya'll about them Apples.
This thread does not get enough love, I think folks might be OOTed out and thats a shame. Masters quest seems like this just tried to make alot of levels annoying many of the edits don't even add much challenge

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Episode 12: Bottom of the Well

Some weird design choices here that may or may not be intended?

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Koobes posted:

Episode 12: Bottom of the Well

Some weird design choices here that may or may not be intended?

I think this episode has been my favorite to record so far. For whatever reason, I just felt like I was firing on all cylinders.

It ... it might have been all the coffee I had to drink that afternoon, come to think of it.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Episode 13: Child Spirit Temple and Gerudo Training Grounds

Finishing up our childish adventures, and collecting one of the more useless adult items. I really wish Ice arrows were fleshed out in this game like they are in MM, but I guess we'll settle with the tech demo version of them.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

:eng101: Both wood and diamonds burn if you heat them up enough. Diamonds don't burn too easily, but they can burn.

But what happens if you heat them in a vacuum, where there's no oxygen to keep the fire going?

Wood will decompose.

Diamond is a metastable form of elemental carbon. That means, if left alone long enough (thousands of years) it will turn into stable carbon (graphite). If you heat it up, you will speed up that process. If you raise the temperature even further, it will not melt. Liquid carbon isn't stable at atmospheric pressure, so it will sublimate directly to carbon gas instead. If you cool that down again, you end up with graphite or perhaps amorphous carbon.

So, congratulations. If you take an expensive diamond, and heat it to tremendous temperatures in an oxygen-free environment (for which you'll need an expensive set-up), you are able to make a pencil refill!

Also, Twilight Princess had Archer Bokoblins.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Carbon dioxide posted:

:eng101: Both wood and diamonds burn if you heat them up enough. Diamonds don't burn too easily, but they can burn.

But what happens if you heat them in a vacuum, where there's no oxygen to keep the fire going?

Wood will decompose.

Diamond is a metastable form of elemental carbon. That means, if left alone long enough (thousands of years) it will turn into stable carbon (graphite). If you heat it up, you will speed up that process. If you raise the temperature even further, it will not melt. Liquid carbon isn't stable at atmospheric pressure, so it will sublimate directly to carbon gas instead. If you cool that down again, you end up with graphite or perhaps amorphous carbon.

So, congratulations. If you take an expensive diamond, and heat it to tremendous temperatures in an oxygen-free environment (for which you'll need an expensive set-up), you are able to make a pencil refill!

Never expected to find this after posting that, its pretty neat to know!

I forgot about Bokoblins in TP, I think I suppressed most of my memory of TP :shepface:

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Carbon dioxide posted:

Wood will decompose.

Oh man, and here I had always enjoyed the phrase "Anything will burn, if you heat it up enough". I even worked in a foundry for awhile.

I ... I need to reexamine my life :ohdear:

I actually really do appreciate the knowledge drop, though! Learning things is neat :3:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Zarin posted:

Oh man, and here I had always enjoyed the phrase "Anything will burn, if you heat it up enough". I even worked in a foundry for awhile.

I ... I need to reexamine my life :ohdear:

I actually really do appreciate the knowledge drop, though! Learning things is neat :3:

To make something burn, you need three things (which you might have heard of in fire safety class):

- A fuel (the thing that will burn)
- An oxidizer (in daily life, usually oxygen. There are many others, which can be very useful in explosives or for space fuels, where there's no air... or in electrical batteries. If you control oxidation properly, you can get electrical current to flow)
- Heat.

Now, without an oxidizer (i.e. if you have a substance just by itself), if you heat it up, it will either decompose into smaller molecules or elements, or it will melt and then boil, or sublimate directly. Every substance can be turned into a gas that way.

Logically, things that have already burned up completely will not burn any more (unless you add an oxidizer with way more potential than oxygen; if you want to know about those, go see the dangerous chemicals thread). Examples are sand (burned silicon), water (burned hydrogen), rust (burned iron) and carbon dioxide (burned carbon). Other things that won't burn are strong oxidizers themselves, and very stable elements and compounds such as noble gases and noble metals.

So even with oxygen present, it is absolutely not true that 'anything will burn'. :)

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Aug 2, 2015

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Bonus video update

So I didn't notice before but I put up the video without commentary on it for Bonus#2, Here it is fixed with commentary oops.

And for the normal bonus I wanted to put out today, Bonus #3: Collection Roundup

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

:siren:
TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
I feel bad for your friend who can't tell the difference between a bat and a bird. Also you said "two enemy types" and immediately ignored the fact stalchildren also infinitely respawn and have big ones.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Cheez posted:

I feel bad for your friend who can't tell the difference between a bat and a bird. Also you said "two enemy types" and immediately ignored the fact stalchildren also infinitely respawn and have big ones.

Whoops, forgot about those ones :doh: I added an annotation about them in the video.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Episode 14: Shadow Temple

Alt title: Silver rupees, we couldn't think of any other puzzles.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Wow, that was incredible. I never knew that Ice Arrows actually do anything.

And I guess with all the geometry they made for this temple it was hard to change the puzzles around? The only thing that really caught me off guard was the Dead Hand.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Rather Watch Them posted:

Wow, that was incredible. I never knew that Ice Arrows actually do anything.

And I guess with all the geometry they made for this temple it was hard to change the puzzles around? The only thing that really caught me off guard was the Dead Hand.

Ice arrows are very tech-demo in this game, working super well on some things and not at all on most :v:. I wish they were as fleshed out as they were in the other games, but who knows how much that would've changed everything.

The last two temples are pretty structured, so it was hard for MQ to really depart from how you had to go around things. I guess the only thing they really could've done for shadow was more stuff with the lens of truth and invisible platforms or something, but :effort:.

Cheez
Apr 29, 2013

Someone doesn't like a shitty gimmick I like?

TIME FOR ME TO WHINE ABOUT IT!
They probably had the items planned out ahead of time, but then they weren't sure how to make the ice arrows a part of the progression to the end of the game. It's the same with a lot of items really, although it's not just about things with little utility, but also some extra items have too much utility and replace a bunch of the ones you would normally be using.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU

Cheez posted:

Comedy response: with graphics like these, a bat and the bird look the same! :eng99:

I dunno, since the name is Keese, my mind thinks "geese", then I shortcut that to bird, and ... welp. Plus the squeaks don't make me think "bat", I dunno why.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

Episode 15: Spirit Temple

I had some fun with figuring out this one. As much as I complain about some things, looking back I think this is probably one of the better redesigns.

The finale will be here next week!

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

:siren: Final Update :siren:

Episode 16: Ganons Trials
Episode 17: Finale

This was enjoyable to put together. Thanks everyone for watching!

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks for playing Kaizo Zelda.

Zarin
Nov 11, 2008

I SEE YOU
This is the first time I did something like this, but Koobes talked me into it.

While I'm still getting my feet under me with this sort of thing, it was a lot of fun! So much fun, in fact, that we have another project in the works already.

The one thing this did make me notice was that I probably talk too fast. :words: I may end up working on it, or forgetting all the time forever. Y'know, whichever :v:

Thanks a lot to everyone for watching, and thanks Carbon Dioxide for dropping some knowledge into the thread!

CirclMastr
Jul 4, 2010

Now LP the Master Quest version of Majora's Mask.

If there is no Master Quest version of Majora's Mask, make one then LP it.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
Speaking of Majora's Mask, light will also reflect off of Link's back with the Mirror Shield in that game since that was talked about.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Also, I do believe that the Dark World in Link to the Past is supposed to be the Sacred Realm after it got corrupted by Ganon.

"That place" in Windwaker isn't.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, the LttP Dark World is the Sacred Realm after it twisted itself to Ganondorf's dark desires. Rauru implies that the same thing happened to it in OoT after Ganondorf took the Triforce of Power, but the only place we ever see is the Chamber of Sages. I feel as though the original intent, back when OoT was made, was that the events of OoT's ending--Ganondorf being trapped in the Sacred Realm--explained how Ganon came to be trapped in the Dark World in LttP. Then Wind Waker and Twilight Princess happened, so that goes out the window. Eh.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

KieranWalker posted:

Yeah, the LttP Dark World is the Sacred Realm after it twisted itself to Ganondorf's dark desires. Rauru implies that the same thing happened to it in OoT after Ganondorf took the Triforce of Power, but the only place we ever see is the Chamber of Sages. I feel as though the original intent, back when OoT was made, was that the events of OoT's ending--Ganondorf being trapped in the Sacred Realm--explained how Ganon came to be trapped in the Dark World in LttP. Then Wind Waker and Twilight Princess happened, so that goes out the window. Eh.

No, it still makes sense. Of sorts. But you have to check Nintendo's official timeline where the OoT events split it in three parallel timeline things.

Koobes
Nov 6, 2012

CirclMastr posted:

Now LP the Master Quest version of Majora's Mask.

If there is no Master Quest version of Majora's Mask, make one then LP it.

I did take a look for a "kaizo" Majora's mask and found nothing. I guess I have to learn how to romhack now :v:

Alpha3KV posted:

Speaking of Majora's Mask, light will also reflect off of Link's back with the Mirror Shield in that game since that was talked about.

I didn't realize they did that in MM as well, haven't played the game in a while! Probably should go back through and not use glitches to beat the entirety of it.

Carbon dioxide posted:

Also, I do believe that the Dark World in Link to the Past is supposed to be the Sacred Realm after it got corrupted by Ganon.

"That place" in Windwaker isn't.

My memory on zelda games is slipping, welp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
Excellent ending to the LP, I am so ashamed every other LP missed finishing the boss like you did.

• Locked thread