Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Odovaucer posted:

The 2007 Ravens won five games?

2006 Ravens is the 13-win squad with Adalius and Jamal.

They almost beat the Patriots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

adaz
Mar 7, 2009

Benne posted:

IIRC the '96 team also had a real running game instead of trying to make James Starks a thing

Yeah it had Edgar Bennet & Dorsey Levens, with the great William Henderson lead blocking. Good for 1500 yards rushing.

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Baltimore can nominate Colts teams? How about

58 Baltimore Colts
Pass Heavy

Gandalf21
May 17, 2012

Hmmm, the Colts best team is probably a toss up between 2005, 2007, and 2009. If I recall, we went with 2005 in the last one of these and it didn't work out. So let's try 2007 Colts, pass heavy

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Silly Burrito posted:

I think the last time we did this, we tried the 2011 Saints, so let's try the Super Bowl team.

2009 Saints, balanced

I'm not sure if whatifsports can simulate bounties.

Also, can you take out Sharper.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

SlipUp posted:

Baltimore can nominate Colts teams? How about

58 Baltimore Colts
Pass Heavy

I'm gonna put this out there but the 58 Colts are not going to do well in this simulation

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

1984 Dolphins - Pass heavy

Or maybe we should do 1972 Dolphins - run heavy just for fun.

Can you have those two teams play each other and the winner advances into the tournament?

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

I'm gonna put this out there but the 58 Colts are not going to do well in this simulation

Yah well we've run the '00 and the '06 teams before, I'd rather try something novel.

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

SlipUp posted:

Yah well we've run the '00 and the '06 teams before, I'd rather try something novel.

already put 2011 up

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Yeah, I'd rather see the 58 squad than the modern era C squad.

PASS THE MASH
Oct 30, 2013

Nobody's said anything so let's go 1978 Steelers balanced.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
2007 Pats.

Pass heavy.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

If you insist on a Super Bowl-era team, then let's go for insanity with the greatest modern Browns team.

2007 Cleveland Browns, balanced

How many of your greatest teams of all time will feel the shame of losing to Derek Anderson?

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Probably none.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

SlipUp posted:

Yeah, I'd rather see the 58 squad than the modern era C squad.

2011 was a p rad team

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

1993 Cowboys, Run Heavy

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l

Sour Diesel posted:

2011 was a p rad team

I'm gonna pull for Baltimore no matter which team we go with but I'd rather try the team with four HOFers on offense and a stacked DL. If you guys wanna pick one of the two by vote or coin flip or whatever but my vote is for 58. The 58 team was way ahead of it's time, inventing the two minute drill among other things. Unitas was 26/40 for 350 yards in the greatest game ever played. If we're talking this tournament as "Best Ever Seasons" the 58 team is actually up for consideration, the 2011 team really isn't, and I don't see much point in trying to game an offseason tourney where 16 teams are going to be eliminated immediately. Either team could take a first round exit vs the '07 pats or whatever. If we only keep nominating Raven's teams, our nomination options are going to get really boring. We're explicitly allowed to use these Colts teams, so why not go hog wild in the true spirit of the tournament?

King Hong Kong
Nov 6, 2009

For we'll fight with a vim
that is dead sure to win.

I've forgotten which 49ers teams we've used in the past, but they've never done particularly well. Shall we say 1989 49ers using the West Coast offense unless someone wants to try the '84 team or a team that didn't win a Super Bowl (e.g. '90, '12)?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

SlipUp posted:

I'm gonna pull for Baltimore no matter which team we go with but I'd rather try the team with four HOFers on offense and a stacked DL. If you guys wanna pick one of the two by vote or coin flip or whatever but my vote is for 58. The 58 team was way ahead of it's time, inventing the two minute drill among other things. Unitas was 26/40 for 350 yards in the greatest game ever played. If we're talking this tournament as "Best Ever Seasons" the 58 team is actually up for consideration, the 2011 team really isn't, and I don't see much point in trying to game an offseason tourney where 16 teams are going to be eliminated immediately. Either team could take a first round exit vs the '07 pats or whatever. If we only keep nominating Raven's teams, our nomination options are going to get really boring. We're explicitly allowed to use these Colts teams, so why not go hog wild in the true spirit of the tournament?

2011 was a good season, except for the jaguars game

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

SlipUp posted:

Pre Superbowl teams massively underperform in general, but also the '58 team (9-3) wasn't as good as say, the '68 team (13-1)

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?

Ross Angeles posted:

Hello friends.

edit: Also, please try to not give me stupid pre-superbowl teams. I'm looking at you, Packers and Bears fans

!!!

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

2011 was a good season, except for the jaguars game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIbyuScCZqY

thatguyclint
Apr 11, 2005
See, I didn't know that...ducks eat for free at Subway.
Same as it always is...

1999 Jacksonville Jaguars, let's say Pass Heavy to take advantage of Smith/McCardell and Brunell.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
1986 Cleveland Browns run heavy

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
1991 Washington Redskins, Run Heavy

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
Seahawks 2015 - Run Heavy

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

Checks out

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

didn't you see the last play of the superbowl? they are clearly pass heavy

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Metapod posted:

didn't you see the last play of the superbowl? they are clearly pass heavy

I mean, you have to be, to cover up an old runningback that gets stopped on the one yard line by a guy with a torn labrum

Filthy Casual
Aug 13, 2014

1976 Raiders - Run Heavy

Party hard.

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

CaptainYesterday posted:

2011 Houston Texans, Balanced Offense.

I would say 1991 Oilers with the run and shoot personally

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Still need:

Giants
Eagles
Lions
Bears
Bucs
Jets
Bengals

These teams have had multiple submissions so I'm just gonna sim them against each other and take the winner:

Browns:
1950, Run heavy
1964, Run heavy
2007, balanced
1986, Run heavy

Baltimore:
2011, balanced
1958, pass heavy

Indy:
2007, pass heavy
2009, pass heavy

Houston:
2011, balanced
1991, pass heavy

Jaguars:
1998, run heavy
1999, pass heavy

Dolphins:
1984, pass heavy
1972, run heavy

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Can you change Broncos to 2013? I must've been thinking of the Superbowl year

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Agree with the obvious 2013 Seahawks run heavy team.

To move things along, I'll nominate the 1986 New York Giants, balanced?

Jerome Agricola
Apr 11, 2010

Seriously,

who dat?
So, the '85 Bears, right? Or has that already been done to death.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Ross Angeles posted:

These teams have had multiple submissions so I'm just gonna sim them against each other and take the winner:

Dolphins:
1984, pass heavy
1972, run heavy

this is gonna own

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Another Bucs fan can correct me, but 2002 Bucs, balanced.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Tzen posted:

To move things along, I'll nominate the 1986 New York Giants, balanced?

I'd say Run Heavy is probably a better description of the offense they ran most of the time, Phil Simms performance in the Super Bowl not withstanding...

And to throw in a pair of suggestions for the teams that are still needed, I'd say the 1998 Jets, Balanced, and the 1988 Bengals, but I'm not sure which offensive philosophy would best suit that no huddle system they ran. Technically it was based on the West Coast (Which is what PFR says they ran), but they also ran the ball a fuckton, so Run Heavy may better imitate the plays the called. Maybe just have them play each other with the different philosophies and throw the winner in, unless a Bengals fan wants to chime in?

fartknocker fucked around with this message at 15:37 on May 30, 2015

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Ross Angeles posted:

Browns:
1950, Run heavy
1964, Run heavy
2007, balanced
1986, Run heavy

Baltimore:
2011, balanced
1958, pass heavy

Sorry, Johnny U

Indy:
2007, pass heavy
2009, pass heavy

2007 wins when 2009 can't convert a 2pt conversion. Should have given it to Lynch

Houston:
2011, balanced
1991, pass heavy

Warren Moon gets beaten so bad that he decides to move to Nashville

Jaguars:
1998, run heavy
1999, pass heavy

This is literally the same team. 1999 wins.

Dolphins:
1984, pass heavy
1972, run heavy

lol perfectville yall

I dunno how to do the Browns, someone help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Ross Angeles posted:

I dunno how to do the Browns, someone help

Do '50 vs '07 and '64 vs '86, then play the two winners against each other