Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Wait, they locked Guilmon to one version?

Your boss here has a ChaosGallentmon!

:sigh: I was hoping you could get a rad Megidramon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Zore posted:

Wait, they locked Guilmon to one version?

Your boss here has a ChaosGallentmon!

:sigh: I was hoping you could get a rad Megidramon.

And even if you did DNA shenanigans to get over to the Guilmon line, Megidramon requires Guilmon himself and Gallantmon requires Megidramon.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Well, there's probably a way to just cheat in the things from the other game, if it's impossible to set up Digieggs over what I'm assuming is an emulator.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Oh man, I am so glad this finally reached page two! Page one was getting cramped.

ApplesandOranges posted:

Some other bits about Dawn:

Dawn gets the Night Crow girl as a rival instead of the Light Fang guy. She's known as Sayo.

Their replacement for Phascomon is Gatomon.

As for their packs. Coronamon is in every pack, similar to Lunamon (both Digimon are also exclusive to their respective games).

Balanced Pack has RizeGreymon and Angewomon.

Attack Pack has Growlmon and MegaSeadramon.

Speed Pack has Airdramon and Sinduramon.

Japanese Pack (replacing Pretty Pack) has Reppamon and Karatenmon.

The Guilmon and Airdramon lines are also exclusive to Dawn, while Dusk gets exclusive access to Pandamon and Skullgreymon.

Thanks for this! The airdramon line is going to be a pain in the rear end to get in dusk

Supeerme posted:

Hey would it be possible to un timg the pictures? they are small enough to not break any tables.

Sure! I thought it'd be annoying to scroll past the double screen images, is all. But next update I'll stop doing that.

flarp22 posted:

I'm getting an itch to play this game again. I would assume you're going to allow the game to have its integrity, because if not now, then soon you should have access to a few game-breakingly powerful things that makes the game your bitch for about 75% of the main story. Are you going to be using them or wait until postgame?

Depends on which things in particular you mean. Honestly I found that as long as you grind a little bit the game's your bitch anyway.

Pyroi posted:

Well, there's probably a way to just cheat in the things from the other game, if it's impossible to set up Digieggs over what I'm assuming is an emulator.

If I can find a code or something to get eggs I'll be paying a visit down the version exclusive paths if I can. For what its worth, I'm pretty sure chaos gallantmon isn't version exclusive as you can get black war growlmon at some point.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, BlackWarGrowlmon is in one of the postgame areas in this version, you just can't degenerate him at all and have to DNA with Diaboromon to get ChaosGallantmon. You can DNA Death-X into him pretty easily via DarkTyrannomon.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 23:59 on May 18, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

Yeah, BlackWarGrowlmon is in one of the postgame areas in this version, you just can't degenerate him at all and have to DNA with Diaboromon to get ChaosGallantmon. You can DNA Death-X into him pretty easily via DarkTyrannomon.

I might just bypass the whole version exclusive things, we'll see how that goes when it comes up.

However I still have one problem, and it's vaguely spoilery but I'll mention it way ahead of time in case anyone knows how to fix this. The final post-game quest requires you to use the multiplayer functions at least once, so if anyone knows a code or something to bypass that I would be very thankful. Even on a legit copy of this game I never got to do that one because no one else I knew had this game and the multiplayer scene had died out long before I'd grabbed a copy.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I think there's an emulator that can fake IR multiplayer between 2 instances. You just need to do a single multiplayer match or trade to unlock the quest.

I haven't seen a working code for eggs, but there is one that gives you 999 scan data of everything. It's overkill but it'd easily solve any make me an Xmon requests.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

I think there's an emulator that can fake IR multiplayer between 2 instances. You just need to do a single multiplayer match or trade to unlock the quest.

I haven't seen a working code for eggs, but there is one that gives you 999 scan data of everything. It's overkill but it'd easily solve any make me an Xmon requests.

You can set it up with one of the emulators but it looks really complicated and I'd have to download another program or something. I might check it out when time comes, but I'm not exactly enthusiastic about that sort of thing. As for scan data, I might wind up doing that if I absolutely can not figure out anything for eggs. I'm pretty sure at least one of the digimon requires an egg to evolve or degenerate, but we'll see.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

code:
scan data

D3000000 0213A500
C0000000 000001B3
00000000 3E7F9FE7
DC000000 00000004
D1000000 00000000
D2000000 00000000

999999 all exp every battle

9214C4F8 00000001
C0000000 00000007
0225EB44 0001869F
DC000000 00000004
D2000000 00000000

Don't kill yourself trying to show this poo poo off :v:

A quick bit of looking seems to think that the desmume wifi plugin is your only hope for the legend tamer quest and it's flaky on a good day.

edit: gently caress; that scan data code's wrong. might be for dawn.

edit2: you should really get death-x to 70 aptitude and make him into MetalTyrannomon :getin:

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 04:34 on May 19, 2015

ParTwo
Mar 5, 2013

I'm making it rain-Bo!

Nuebot posted:

Depends on which things in particular you mean. Honestly I found that as long as you grind a little bit the game's your bitch anyway.

The passwords. More the equipment, since that'll last you a long time, but there's also a free MEGA you can get if you want to give it a party slot.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

flarp22 posted:

The passwords. More the equipment, since that'll last you a long time, but there's also a free MEGA you can get if you want to give it a party slot.

Oh, yeah I'm going to use them but I figure it can be up to the people whether or not I actually use the stuff you get from it. This update even. I got some version exclusive buggery worked out this update so the screenshot process got delayed a bit, but I've finally started it. :woop: Turns out wild guilmon are apparently level 22.

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
Were it not for the fact that the game's regular levelling is such a grindfest, I really would be tempted to argue it as having one of the best levelling systems of any game I've ever played. Aside of almost 500 levels for each digimon (when counting all the evolutions), it really does allow for any digimon to be viable, if you put some work into it. Coupled with the actually pretty neat scan system, since it gets you new monsters without needing to worrying about capturing them, and its actually pretty good for encouraging the player to improve their party

Such a goddamn grindfest though.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Except that every digimon is viable mostly because they're near identical technique containers in the end. You can make anyone into anyone else with any skillset if you grind enough and have access to the other version's exclusives.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Dawn/Dusk isn't nearly as bad of a grind as Digimon World 3. I hope you like fishing!

Honestly the grinding in this game isn't that bad. Newly digivolved/devolved Digis have at least a good portion of stats from their previous stage and will gain levels rapidly. The fact that there's bench levelling means you should never be without a viable two or three Digimon.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's only grindy if you want specific dudes or if you wanted to be competitive. You can beat the game without even getting a mega but the temptation is so much.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

It's only grindy if you want specific dudes or if you wanted to be competitive. You can beat the game without even getting a mega but the temptation is so much.

True enough! When I first played I stalled before the final boss, grinding just so I could beat him with my favorite team.

Just out of apology for how late this update might be here's why:

Also turns out I was wrong about Goburimon's evolution tree. There is one thing he can become, Minotaurmon. Shameful.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

The whole Goburimon side of that line is just bizarre. Minotaurmon won't meet the requirements for its ultimate but then you can degenerate and switch to Ogremon for a straight shot at one of the easiest Mega Satans we can get, complete with ready access to the strongest dark attack in the game.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

dis astranagant posted:

The whole Goburimon side of that line is just bizarre. Minotaurmon won't meet the requirements for its ultimate but then you can degenerate and switch to Ogremon for a straight shot at one of the easiest Mega Satans we can get, complete with ready access to the strongest dark attack in the game.

I laugh at all the recolor digimon and all, but the dark garurumon actually has some nice techs too. So being able to go down that line is going to be nice before using ol' nothing there for his real purpose.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

An even longer than usual Imperialdramon Paladin Mode chain? I joke about that fucker every time a Digimon LP comes up but his finisher sucks and anything he can get can be gotten much easier.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 11:06 on May 19, 2015

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Honestly I actually like Omnimon more. I doubt even this LP will take long enough to get Imperialdramon Paladin Mode unless people really want it.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pretty much. Anything that involves fusing umpteen megas is just beyond overkill. The only ones that end up close to worth the effort are Gallantmon Crimson Mode and Ravemon Burst Mode but ugh.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I'm partial to Millenniummon. My favorite digimon, but I just think it's cool. But yeah if I go for anything that whack in the LP I'm definitely going to grab an EXP code or something to speed up the endless back and forth.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
I picked Dawn solely because it had all three Tamers partners. I gave up on the game about four hours in for being incredibly grindy and kind of boring. The Digimon franchise tends not to have the best luck with videogames.

Still, I hope this one breaks the curse.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Geostomp posted:

I picked Dawn solely because it had all three Tamers partners. I gave up on the game about four hours in for being incredibly grindy and kind of boring. The Digimon franchise tends not to have the best luck with videogames.

Still, I hope this one breaks the curse.

It's funny because I keep trying to play these games, because I like Digimon, and I keep putting them down for the same reason, the grind being horrible. I remember owning a physical copy of Digimon World 2, being so loving happy when I finally got War Greymon, I was so happy! then my memory card corrupted.

EDIT: Also getting digimon is so much easier in this game, I was one of those "Never read the manual" types, so I had no idea how to catch digimon in World 2 for the longest time.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

It's a shame they never brought Lost Evolution over. It's basically the same thing but instead of 8 types of exp requirements and scan data you have much simpler requirements and random drops (nothing particularly rare as far as I played) that lead to a touchscreen minigame. And no version specific crap to worry about.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

Was the grind really that bad in the DS games? I remember DW 2 and 3 being kinda crazy, but I never had any issues in this game as far as I can recall.

dis astranagant posted:

It's a shame they never brought Lost Evolution over. It's basically the same thing but instead of 8 types of exp requirements and scan data you have much simpler requirements and random drops (nothing particularly rare as far as I played) that lead to a touchscreen minigame. And no version specific crap to worry about.

I really wish that game got brought over. Is there a fan translation going on for it, by any chance?

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Update 4: Doing our Job!

We got a surprisingly short update given everything I do in it! So without further ado;

We're going to the arena! Now that we have a digi-farm the arena opens up again.

This place looks familiar, doesn't it? There's NPCs here now, they don't say much interesting.

So lets talk to Leomon! The other NPCs are for wifi connections, and information dumps about how wifi and tournaments work.

Honestly we could try it but I'm fairly certain Sora's sad little collection or rookies would get their asses kicked. A lot of those tournament fights can be surprisingly rough, especially if you attempt them early.

drat-straight I do!

There's also this mystery gate over here. The less I'm allowed in the more I want to go through it. There's an invisible wall there, however.

So lets go in and see the reason why I'm here.

Not much has changed. This place seems to have avoided the eggification.

And this. This is our ticket to some sweet loot.

And by loot I mean digimon trafficking.

I'm on to you! But anyway, we get a free digimon. I'm not sure why they chose Falcomon but whatever. Looking gifthorses in mouths and all that.

This one is kind of nuts though. It's a mega. A free mega level digimon. Now, as far as I know the Dot digimon are version exclusive and the only way you can get them is through these passwords. Dawn gets DotAgumon and DotShineGreymon. They're not that great on their own but they start with an impressive aptitude and give you early access to digimon trees you'd otherwise have to wait for. Especially the DotFalcomon which, if I remember correctly, can net you the angemon tree.

This next one is the best one of them all.

Even Valkyrimon is shocked! What could this possibly be?

:nexus:

This one nets us some stuff.

Legendary stuff. Honestly, its up to you guys whether or not I use this at all. They're generally good equipment and make the first chunk of the game considerably easier. But at the same time, I don't necessarily need it.

Jotaro here gives us stuff when we in Leomon's tournaments.

This guy gives us stuff for tamer points. What's the difference? Who knows.

In back of the arena we can talk to the viewers in the stands.

As entertaining as this Agumon is, I'm still kind of bummed out about those version exclusive digimon though. I think it's time to do something naughty and hack the digital world!

And by that I mean use an action replay code. Screenshots get a bit sloppy here because between getting my rear end kicked and grinding these guys up to 100% scan, I just got lazy. Also I somehow managed to accidentally turn on the mouse cursor option in the screen capture program. So enjoy that for this update, feel free to mock me for it.

This is Lulu's new signature move by the way. It hits twice and has a pretty decent chance of putting dudes to sleep. The DotAgumon are pushovers and die to a slight breeze. On the other hand the other version exclusive rookie in this shot is an absolute bastard.

They got stats up the wazoo and hit like angry trucks. You might also be wondering why I'm fighting guilmon and not the other dot digimon, in which case I must remind you that mega types would destroy my team.

They give out nice EXP though. It's around this point where I figure "Hey, if I'm getting guilmon I might as well go whole-hog in on this"

So I did. While the Veemon line isn't exclusive, as far as I can remember, the base form is which complicates things. Kudamon is also an exclusive and even if you get one of its prior forms you can't evolve into it without getting one.

This is nice EXP. It's just a shame that most of the time Death and nothing are dead by the time the battle ends.

Eventually this happens. It sucks, gatling punch is still his best move.

And so this is what took so long to get this update started!

Some people expressed interest in the various guilmon lines, agumon can become some cool stuff and I dunno, chibomon just seemed like a good choice. I named the dot agumon "pixelmon" for now because the game screwed the name up once it got to the name screen and I'm weird about that.

I also got a Kudamon. I'm not going to use it unless you guys want me to. If you don't, I have plans for this thing.

Anyway lets look at some evolutionary trees. Honestly Chibomon has some pretty good evolutions in it, at least one of which is another version exclusive of sorts I'll probably get later on once my team is stronger. Unless something more interesting gets presented or suggested he'll make for a fairly solid party member.

:smaug: notice how even growlmon requires you to have gotten guilmon? They really weren't messing around with gating off this line. I'm not really sure why you'd ever go Tyrannomon though. It's the most generic, boring thing.

Kudamon evolves into either an absol or a naruto. This isn't what I care about though.

No, I'm more interested in its devolutions. For future reasons.

Dotagumon can devolve and slip right into the agumon line. It gives us some early access with some stat boosts, and big orange dinosaurs are generally useful in Digimon.

So I go and shuffle my party around with our new dudes and abandon Lulu and Kudamon to Malatora. Like in real life, there are no dragons here either. Just a lonely furry.

They're pretty great conversationalists.

I think I forgot to grab a screenshot of our new party. But basically I just the guys I just generated into it.

Oh and while I'm buggering around in these menus, I'm going to continue being incompetent and point out I was yet again wrong! Turns out nothing can in fact, digivolve. Into a completely forgettable trash digimon.

Anyway lets continue letting Ponch and crew rot and go explore the forest!

It looks like a forest alright.

Honestly even the enemies look like generic slimes.

At least its straight forward.

There's not much to say about this place.

Found a cape in a box though. I think I put it on guilmon.

For like three screens you just beat the poo poo out of babies.

Weak encounters like that mostly just exist to drain your MP. Running in this game is finicky and sometimes you just will not be able to run from a level 1 enemy you could oneshot.

Then we fight mushroomon. Despite mocking them earlier, they're actually somewhat tough here because they'll poison you and all sorts of other annoying crap.

Other than the monsters this place seems pretty chill though. I'd hang here.

It's just like the Thriller Ruins key.

Why does it have a beak? They're pretty unremarkable and decently uncommon fights. I don't think I even saw one attack.

At this point I swapped the party around because my main dudes were low on MP. Reserve party is great.

Aside from the literal infant, the B-team is solid. I used the gate and came back with full juice to beat up some badguys.

This is where the key goes if you haven't caught on yet. Instead I go north.

I'm honestly not sure if this is supposed to be a deeper, dark forest or if I just step into night time or something.

See how this adds 3 attack? The legendary sword adds like two hundred or something. I might be incorrect though, I have a habit of doing that.

There's more bugs in here though. Tentomon are little annoying jerks that can paralyze you. They're also pretty cool dudes to have on your team because they can turn into giant golden electric laser bugs.

We also fight a mirror match and they're one of the toughest guys here. Mostly because they also know how to punch two times per attack.

Also bears.

Then this happens.

The farm report shows up to tell you what your digimon did, how well they did and what they gained from doing it. Since our farm sucks our digimon don't gain poo poo. Also its really annoying, it goes up based on battles or something so if you're doing a lot of grinding you'll just get constantly pestered with these.

Oh and I'm starving them.

Anyway there's not much in this little area. It's just one screen, just one treasure. Lots of bears though.

So lets go the other way!

More bears.

I'm honestly not sure if I got 100% scans for everything here or not.

Also this is a weirdly placed gate.

:argh: I'm already beginning to hate these gates and their tantalizing promises of treasure.

There's nothing to the left.

I forgot to grab a shot of it before, but this is what it looks like to fight here. I think it looks cool. It just gets kind of old after a while.

They should have saved the bear digimon for an area with Leomon.

Are there even any tiger digimon?

There has to be. They did that whole zodiac themed thing back in the third series. I think it was the third at least.

I could shoot myself for not realizing I had that option checked, you know.

So check is level and his aptitude.

It's time to Digivolve

I don't actually remember much about the second season of the show or whatever. It's been ages since I watched it.

Anyway, we have a Veemon now!

He can become either of these blue dragons. Such variety. The digi-world is our digi-oyster.

With nothing but a bear-filled hell left, I think its time to go.

:sigh: I guess we have to save Ponch. It's almost like we have a job or something.

Welcome to the sewers!

This about sums it up. She's like, ten steps from the entrance. So Ponch and Gutts went in and she just panicked and I guess she's too afraid of random encounters to take those few steps back to the warp gate. So what kind of horrible digimon are lurking around here?

:geno: They're hella cute.

So I guess this counts as our first "dungeon" or something since it's vaguely maze-like.

:stare: Sewer frogs

So we have three paths out of this room. I instinctively take the furthest one first.

Honestly this place is awful for screenshots, in my opinion at least.

I can't even tell what's what and I just ran through it not long ago.

Narrow brown corridors and green water.

Then we hit this dead end.

One of those paths in the first room led here. I'm not really surprised.

The other led here. I'm still not surprised. I think I've killed enough of those Kapurimon to make several coats now though.

I honestly can't remember how I got here.

Anyway! On to progress!

Right after this random encounter. Once you get past the water there, a bunch of new encounters show up.

Like these gears. Nothing is especially remarkable but lets face it, we're still just fighting rookies. None of them are really notable.

Lego gone bad. I guess they're the most notable monster here, if just because they're kind of weird compared to the others. In my opinion at least. They're uncommon to fight and are really weak.

More valves, more brown sewer.

I'm guessing this door means there's a story boss beyond it.

Okay, maybe not.

Its almost a shame that Ponch inevitably won't be dead.

This ladder smells like boss.

I swap back to the A-Team before we face whatever crappy thing Ponch hasn't been able to kill.

Ahaha, they're being beaten by a blobby trash seal.

Yes

So Raremon is our first real boss I guess.

He doesn't hit hard, but he's got a decent amount of defense. He's not very remarkable.

He does these two things then rolls over and dies.

Turns out he was an EXP pinata.

Then he was brain washed. Blah blah "oh no I was brainwashed" dialogues.

Then he teleports away. Why can everyone but us do that. I'm getting Battlenetwork flashbacks.

Gutts is actually as stupid as he looks.

I think this means he's not getting saved next time.

Ponch thanks us though and runs off to apologize to Julia. He's not as dumb as his name is, apparently. It's around this point I realize that Death X is level 19 now and his level cap is 20. So I go grind him up.

Digivolving is fun times.

Every lame digivolution is like opening another spot on your advent calender. Only instead of awful tasting chocolate it's a weird digimon you don't really know or care about.

What I'm getting at, is that there's payoff for it eventually.

His name stays because I sure as hell can't think of anything better.

He can evolve into a recolor.

And his new stats and tech are good to go.

And that is that for now.
Those sewers were the pits. We're getting some champions now though! I'll get more of the version exclusives as I get stronger dudes. So that's all for this update I guess, thanks for reading and as always feel free to suggest anything you'd like to see!

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Go ahead and use the overpowered weapons and Digimon. The game is grindy hell regardless, and you would burn yourself out if you played it normally the way the developers intended you to play it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Dawn differences:

The game sends you to North Mountain instead of the Sunken Tunnel at this point. North Mountain has Hawkmon, the Patamon line, and the occasional Armadillomon, rather than the mechs and aquans of the Sunken Tunnel. Your boss fight is against Aquilamon, Hawkmon's evolution.

It'll also become a bit more obvious in a couple updates, but each game essentially caters to four 'types' of Digimon. Dawn favours Holy, Dragon, Bird and Aquan Digimon, while Dusk favours Beast, Mech, Darkness and Plant/Bug Digimon. So most exclusives also fall into those categories (thus Dawn getting all the exclusive dragons and holy things).

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I went to reset my Dawn file, but I looked at how much of a try-hard I was and couldn't bring myself to do it. The one Ruin Mode, all 3 Burst Modes, Omnimon, GallantMon CM, it was just too much. I was a bored child clearly. Will we be able to vote on the team at some point? Because every Digimon LP needs Agumon.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Arcade Rabbit posted:

I really wish that game got brought over. Is there a fan translation going on for it, by any chance?

It's been "almost done" for the last 2 years.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I remember I picked the Japanese pack when I played dawn because I liked the crow thing. I also probably picked up Betamon because hell yeah I want a mountain-sized viking walrus. I might have just gotten that from Gomamon's line, though.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

SonicRulez posted:

I went to reset my Dawn file, but I looked at how much of a try-hard I was and couldn't bring myself to do it. The one Ruin Mode, all 3 Burst Modes, Omnimon, GallantMon CM, it was just too much. I was a bored child clearly. Will we be able to vote on the team at some point? Because every Digimon LP needs Agumon.

I have an agumon right now. Sort of. But as I've been saying, if there's anything you want to see just let me know and I'll do what I can to show it off, some people already mentioned stuff about the guilmon line and metaltyrannomon.

IAmTheRad posted:

Go ahead and use the overpowered weapons and Digimon. The game is grindy hell regardless, and you would burn yourself out if you played it normally the way the developers intended you to play it.

I'm a mutant and enjoy some levels of grinding. I'm usually listening to the Discworld audio books while doing tedious things in games lately. Good stuff. But unless anyone disagrees I'm going to assume you speak for everyone and use the good sword to slay some dudes.

dis astranagant posted:

It's been "almost done" for the last 2 years.

Such is the fate for a lot of translation projects. I've been watching a few, a lot of them will finish the translation and reach the point where they have to get it into the game. then just vanish.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I mostly mentioned MetalTyrannomon because he's one of the ultimates that gets Giga Missile and I'm sure I don't have to tell you how good that is. Though realistically you'll have to make BlackWarGreymon or Machinedramon first to get the aptitude.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 23:18 on May 19, 2015

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011
Just found this and read through it. Looking good so far, Nuebot! One thing, was I the only one who thought the DigiColiseum on the overworld was actually Apocalymon until it got highlighted and shown what it was?

For Digimon I'd like to see, how about Apocalymon and SkullGreymon? That was a dick move, giving you one only to send it down to level 1. Show the Digiworld the power of shooting missiles out of your spine!

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Apocalymon is Imperialdramon Paladin Mode levels of horse poo poo to make and straight up can't happen til postgame.

Arcade Rabbit
Nov 11, 2013

There's a surprising lack of tiger digimon, actually. Mihiramon is the zodiac one you thought of, Baihumon is a Mega level tiger based on one of the four cardinal beasts, and then there's Splashmon from Xros Wars who is more of a tiger-themed humanoid than an outright tiger like the others.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Shoeless posted:

Just found this and read through it. Looking good so far, Nuebot! One thing, was I the only one who thought the DigiColiseum on the overworld was actually Apocalymon until it got highlighted and shown what it was?

For Digimon I'd like to see, how about Apocalymon and SkullGreymon? That was a dick move, giving you one only to send it down to level 1. Show the Digiworld the power of shooting missiles out of your spine!

As said by the other guy I'm pretty sure Apocalymon requires piedmon, who you can't get until post-game content. I will inevitably be doing those quests however.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yep. He's Machinedramon+Piedmon til you make him that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoeless
Sep 2, 2011

Nuebot posted:

As said by the other guy I'm pretty sure Apocalymon requires piedmon, who you can't get until post-game content. I will inevitably be doing those quests however.

Well, I at least don't mind waiting to see him 'til postgame, but if it would be too tedious to get then I definitely would understand. If a game becomes work, then it's not worth it.

Oh, also would love to see Shakkoumon.

• Locked thread