Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How many seasons will we make it?
This poll is closed.
1 0 0%
2 0 0%
3+ 1 25.00%
It won't even see its first season 3 75.00%
Total: 4 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
WEEK 8

Sorry Wreckus. :(

No user games, CPU games for Wreckus, JB, Dio, Dub, and me (and the GroupMe guys except for Nebraska on bye).

Looks like we're getting through these CPU game weeks pretty quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Minnesota's entire WR corps next season will be freshmen and sophomores out of pure necessity of speed at their positions. Not one player on my team is faster than 88 and I'm bringing in a group of 90+ speed guys right out the gate.

Bringing in a number of high speed DBs because that game against Michigan outlined the lack of speed.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Speed isn't everything. It means much more on defense than it does on offense. My starting WRs for Nebraska are 84 and 88 SPD. Stats like Route Running and CIT are much more relevant to receivers.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

John Brown posted:

Speed isn't everything. It means much more on defense than it does on offense. My starting WRs for Nebraska are 84 and 88 SPD. Stats like Route Running and CIT are much more relevant to receivers.

The guys im bringing in have around 80+ route running and CIT. i got some goddamn stud wideouts coming in. Getting alot of speed on defense too, after another season this team should starting hitting stacked territory if i play the redshirt game right.

i cant wait to chuck up bombs to my 95 speed 85 route running 90 release freshman next year.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

Try to imagine all life as you know it stopping instantaneously and every molecule in your body exploding at the speed of light.
College Slice
Advancing tonight. Crowe (UNC) may or may not be able to get his game in but said to advance if not. Wreckus, last chance to speak up if you will have a chance in the next day to play yours.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Advance moved to tomorrow night - Crowe said he can get his game in. Wreckus, come on, this is your chance!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 9

User Game
#2 Nebraska (Adam / GroupMe) @ #7 Minnesota (Dubious)

Everyone else has CPU games except JB, Dio, and Nick (GM).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 10

User Game
#7 Oregon (Wreckus) @ #2 LSU (JB)

Everyone else has CPU games.

Wreckus, since you've been gone for so long, I've already put you on AP for JB. Just let us know if you're still playing!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 11 (drat we movin' fast here!)

User Game
#5 Clemson (Tyler/GM) @ #4 Michigan State (cletus42o)

Everyone else that's a goon has a CPU game - JB, Dio, Dubs, and Wreckus.

Wreckus, where you been? Just check in and let us know you're alive!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey y'all, this also advanced with a non-update here on the forums. Like the SEC dynasty, I'll post a proper update when I have a chance, but we're not advancing until I'm settled and I've made sure everyone was made aware of the update.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 13 (week 12 got skipped here on the forums from my move but all active goons played)

No user games.

#1 LSU (JB) at Texas A&M
#23 Florida (Dio) vs #4 Auburn
#5 Michigan St (cletus42o) at Northwestern
#7 Minnesota (Dubious) vs Wisconsin

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 14

User Game
#5 Michigan St (cletus42o) vs #7 Minnesota (Dubious)

For the other goons, Wreckus, JB, and Dio all have CPU games.

Texas A. Wreckus
Aug 20, 2006

Welcome to the OVal Office
Sorry I went dark for like a month. I moved from DC to Denver so I'm on that Mountain time now. But I've got everything hooked up and ready to go here for the future however long this game lasts.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Texas A. Wreckus posted:

Sorry I went dark for like a month. I moved from DC to Denver so I'm on that Mountain time now. But I've got everything hooked up and ready to go here for the future however long this game lasts.

Woot! I noticed you took yourself off AP and have been playing. Welcome back.

Have you joined the chat groups? It makes scheduling games much easier.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
WEEK 15

Only a non-goon in the Big12 has a game this week, rest of us are on byes, but still have recruiting. Will advance once the game is played but let me know if you need more time for recruiting. I wouldn't expect me to advance us until Monday morning though.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK

Don't see any goon/goon games there so scheduling will be done via GroupMe.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
As expected, Minnesota takes the Outback Bowl with a 10-2 record to hopefully take the #5 end of season rank.

Good season, just a couple lulls. Really looking forward to next year's freshman and the boost in respectability this season brings for next year's class.

Next season will involve a huge speed boost in my WR corps, but a huge drop off in my o-line until my investments pan out. Brought in a few pieces to fit my 3-4 better.

Dubious fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Aug 14, 2015

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
BOWL WEEK

Think the only goon/goon user game (outside of Dub/Dio) is The Rose Bowl, #14 Oregon (Wreckus) at #3 Michigan St (cletus42o).

Wreckus, I'll look for you tonight if I have a chance, if not, I should be around all day tomorrow.

And of course the NCG is a user game between #2 Clemson (Tyler/GM) and #1 LSU (JB). Geaux Tigers! (the ones that actually have a real loving tiger)

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Hey Wreckus, think you'll be on tonight? If not tonight (it might not work out for me anyway), what's your availability tomorrow? Now that I'm working remotely 100%, I can take a break to play any time as long as I don't have a meeting or deadline.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Well, Wreckus wrecked me in the Rose Bowl after probably being simmed/AP'd the first half of the season, and JB let the NCG go to a sim (when an AP was on the table!) and ended up losing out by a single TD.

This definitely is the Drunk Dynasty.

PLAYERS LEAVING

We advanced last night but it was late and we have a decent amount of people playing, so going to plan on an advance tomorrow (Friday) night. Let me know as you ready up though and perhaps we can advance sooner. Most phases after are going to be straight up 24 hour advances unless anyone needs a pause.

I'm going to consider this first season a test run season, we had 3 people in one division, a couple people solo in divisions, and then with JB getting screwed (because it wasn't his fault that the game couldn't get played and I think he was winning the game up until a disconnect).. So we're basically going to go with "Season One Winner - CPU".

I will be realigning. Please everyone who has more experience, don't let me miss the phase.

Everyone will be set to be cross-division rivals if I can make that work, don't see any reason why that won't. I know this poo poo wouldn't make sense in real life, but let me know if this sounds like it would be better than what we already had.

Nebraska (Adam/GM) <-> Texas (Pacey/GM) = Big10 1/2 Rivals
Boise St (Nick/GM) = Big10, one of the divisions, but no rival

Clemson (Tyler/GM) <-> Oregon (Wreckus) = ACC Div1/2 Rivals
South Carolina (Jes/GM) <-> North Carolina (Crowe/GM) = ACC Div 1/2 Rivals

LSU (JB) <-> Florida (Dio) = SEC East/West Rivals
Mich St (cletus42o) <-> Minnesota (Dubious) = SEC East/West Rivals

This groups most of the goons in the SEC. Someone had to be left out, so Wreckus, I choo-choo-chose you to be Tyler's rival.

JB, your input I'll take the most, since you just got screwed. Do you think swapping Clemson and Minnesota (meaning Clemson to SEC, Minnesota to ACC) would be better? I can see that being better just because it'll put Tyler through more of a gauntlet of people we know who will be available to play him and I see him possibly getting to play more AP'd opponents with the setup above. Happy to swap Tyler with me, too, so Dub would get to stay in the SEC (as Minnesota LOLOL).

Or, if this just doesn't make sense at all, please. Guide me. :)

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

To your point, Wreckus will not play Tyler or anyone else who's not in the thread because he makes no effort whatsoever to join the GM chat. With Tyler, are you hoping to give him more games, or less because of his recent connections issues?

With that being said, your mind is in the right place if you're thinking about establishing rivals. However, I don't think it's necessary if the result you're really looking for is to get more user matchups. Keep in mind that when you do have a bunch of people in the same division (or even conference) there is a limit to how many times they can be matched up against each other. With things as it may make it a bit easier to schedule OOC games.

I'm certainly not an expert at setting up divisions so you may want to ask ZSB (who's obviously not in this thread).

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice

John Brown posted:

To your point, Wreckus will not play Tyler or anyone else who's not in the thread because he makes no effort whatsoever to join the GM chat. With Tyler, are you hoping to give him more games, or less because of his recent connections issues?
Well, I know he WANTS user games and probably wouldn't even play if he only had one or two user games per season. I know I've played more than a few games against him over the last year without issue, so I'm thinking he's having a temporary issue (and if it continues, theoretically it will be showing up in other dynasties/Madden leagues I'm in with him, and he'll be forced to try to figure it out - I'm in another non-goon dynasty with him and a Madden 25 league, and I think he bought the One/M16 combo so I'm sure I'll be in a league with him there too).

The problem I was trying to figure out is that in the ACC, we've got too many people that we can't rely on to play, so I thought swapping either me or Dubious for Tyler would mean he probably wouldn't get any AP'd opponents. (and if he has connection issues, he IS going on AP) I didn't want to give him a cakewalk to the NCG, especially if the end result is going to be a game that can't be played because of connection issues. I figure him having to play either me or Dub every season + you and/or Dio in the regular season + one of you in the CCG gives him the gauntlet I think he would want anyway AND like I said if he has connection issues, we won't be going to any sims. (poo poo, when I first joined with y'all, I had tons of connection problems, and I'd usually tell y'all to "Continue Against CPU" or play me AP'd - actually now that I say that, I can't remember the last time I've even seen the "Continue Against CPU" option)

The OOC games would still work fine I think. If me or Dub goes to ACC, we'll definitely get OOC games against goons in the SEC (though I hate doing multiple OOC games for one team against one conference, but if I move to the ACC, I'd probably schedule OOC against you and Dio/Dub, and then one against a Big10 user team). I feel like we'd have potentially a LOT of user games for a dynasty split between 3 conferences, but I could be wrong. I know opposing division users won't play every season but there's at least the CCG opportunity, and I think we have enough reliable players to make sure we're all getting a fair number of user games.

I'll send a link to these posts to ZSB though and I'm sure he'd reply here in the thread if he has a good idea or any red flags I should be aware of.

Guess for ZSB's reference just to point out potentially tough-to-schedule (or play) users:

Boise St - he has been playing but I can't recall if he had any user games last season since he was all alone in his conference. (but maybe I had given him LSU/JB just to make sure he had one tough game?) I know he just said he can't even login in to the dynasty, and for whatever reason he seems to have dropped playing in the SEC where he was doing really well.

Oregon - Sorry Wreckus, you are hard to schedule with, but we love you anyway.

North Carolina - Crowe is more interested in Madden, I can get him to play games against me for sure because we chat a lot in GM (so good reason possibly for moving me to ACC and maybe make him my cross-division rival, though South Carolina/North Carolina just feels right), but for anyone else (including CPU games) it's probably around a 10% chance.

Texas - Kind of unknown, he joined late but has been playing and seems to play on time, but I don't think he had any user games at all. I played with him in a previous dynasty but think I only played him once and he had to go AP another time. (but I think he was on vacation)

Clemson - Currently having connection issues (at least for sure with JB, though I've had issues recently too in Madden with him), though he is also a little tough to schedule with for at least some of us because he likes to play after 10pm ET typically.

I think Dio is going to be hopefully set up soon to play more regularly so I won't put him on the list. :)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
So my entire strength of the team is graduating, and I couldn't recruit enough to cover it up next season. Minnesota is going from a stud O-line to losing it's starting left tackle, center, and both guards. I do believe I have a TE who can be converted to cover a guard spot, and my depth is enough to ride out a season.

If you move me to the ACC what's my cpu gauntlet gonna look like? I'd think Michigan State is more equipped to handle better CPU teams than I am, but I'll do whatever to keep this moving. I need at least 2 recruiting classes to right this ship, and the first class will patch quite a few holes.

R2A.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
You guys can all tell me if you'd prefer to be in another conference, I just wanted to consolidate down to 3 conferences. (hell, we could just go to 2 conferences)

Switching you and Texas, and having Texas in the SEC while Mich St goes to the ACC sounds a little more realistic too. And then Texas would get to play A&M, oh, how glorious! I'm also happy to make you the team with no rival and put Boise St against Nebraska.

I just was thinking you'd like to be grouped in with the majority of the goons, that was all that went into that thought process.

edit - And I can't find out schedules yet, and may not be able to until after realignment anyway. So I don't think I could tell you your CPU gauntlet ahead of time, but you can restart CPU games here you know.

cletus42o fucked around with this message at 19:16 on Aug 20, 2015

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Like I said, no big deal. Part of my huge homerism for the B1G is getting to poo poo on michigan and wisconsin though, so I'd like to stay in the B1G if possible.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I'm down with consolidation.

Also, I'm leaving town tonight but I'll be back tomorrow afternoon so I should be able to make an advance deadline no sooner than 9pm CT.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
OFF-SEASON RECRUITING

Let me know as you're readied up.

ZSB gave me an idea on a potential way to set the teams up that could work (but would be pretty crazy). I'm having a busy day today so I'll post it here tomorrow and we can all discuss and see if we are all cool with it. The gist of it would be to set all user teams to independents, so I'd have ultimate control of scheduling, and would just require some BCS bowl tie-in adjustments to make sure we get the max amount of possible user bowl games. We'd lose CCGs, but I could give anyone pretty much as many user games as they want. I'll copy/paste what ZSB had sent me tomorrow and we can discuss!

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
So here was the idea from ZSB:

ZSB posted:

I think this may be the more appropriate answer. Absolve having anyone in conferences and move all your users to be independents. This will give you total control over their schedules. They can continue to play whatever rivalry CPU games are necessary while being able to mix and match users as you see fit to generate as many or as few user games as you want. Plus since you're the drunk dynasty, let's be fair only if every AD was drunk would that many teams go independent. The downside to this is obv there is no hardware & no extra championship games, and you'll prb want to clear out some of the BCS tie ins to allow for more at large bids. The flip side is the chances that your teams end up matched up against each other in bowls goes up, as well as creating more opportunities to end up playing different bowl games than say the same 2 or 3. The only thing is that I've never actually tried this since I don't really tool around in offline dynasties anymore, but I think this might be the more elegant solution to your problem of having people get more user games, but maintain the spirit of everyone is all over with different schedules. That'd be my 2 cents.
I'm all for it, I think it sounds like something fun to try. I don't exactly know how to do it yet but I assume it wouldn't take me forever to figure out.

Everyone could pretty much dictate their schedule, though without any CCGs, expect to always have at minimum 3-4 regular season user games (more for the people who had better teams to start with, or for those who just want more).

Anyone have any opposing thoughts/concerns?

JB asked about how it would affect conference prestige, which I don't have the answer to. I assume ND isn't a tough team to recruit with, so it can't be a huge issue I'd think?

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

I think it's a good idea, but I don't know if it's necessary. I feel like we'll get the same results in that everyone will have 3-4 user games, but some dudes will still go MIA. Regardless, I'm down with whatever as long as it doesn't slow us down too much.

My biggest and only gripe is that last season took foreva.

Diodeous
May 14, 2002

I think the main reason last season took so long is that a few of us moved cities and made scheduling a nightmare

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Yeah, we were actually moving fast as gently caress for a while, I think I was commenting on it in this thread earlier even. But then my move slowed it down more than anything, and I was so busy before, during, and after that I was giving a lot more time than I would normally.

About to advance. Not sure when it gets to conference realignment.

It may NOT be necessary really, but I am kinda just into doing it because we've never done it before and who knows what it will end up like. I don't think it will hurt things but this is the crazy dynasty so we gonna roll with it and see.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
POSITION CHANGES

I'm pretty much going to go off what everyone is saying in GM as far as when they're ready to advance.

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Will start a new thread shortly.

We're at recruiting board / redshirting.

Planning to advance in 48 hours, partially because I posted scheduling to GroupMe and want to make sure everyone is okay with the setup.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Wreckus, we're up. I think this weekend would be best. I could play early Saturday, maybe around 5-6 that same day as well. Sunday is opening weekend so some time between 5-7 would be best.

E: Unless you could somehow play by 3pm today?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cletus42o
Apr 11, 2003

College Slice
Oops, forgot to close thread.

S2: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3740197

• Locked thread