Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Haven't seen it yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I have seen none of the Mad Max series except for Fist of the North Star.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm 15 minutes in to the first movie and I have no idea what this is supposed to be

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm now an hour and a quarter into the first movie and I'm still not sure if I like this or not, it's probably gonna be not.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You don't seem to get the part where I'm perfectly fine with even watching bad movies in a movie franchise. You can bet when I get around to watching Terminator I am going to watch T3 and Salvation.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Sharkopath posted:

Mad Max 1 is cool but isn't an apocalypse movie, it's a cool ultra low budget road revenge movie.

It had the highest budget to gross ratio in film for lsike 20 years, until Blair witch came out.

Goose and the police chief are cool characters.

Yeah, I like Goose and the Police Chief, but there wasn't enough of them.

That being said I'm 10 minutes into Road Warrior and already liking it more than the first.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Just saw this, was good. I liked the part where the did had the fire guitar and Max wrecked that Bullet Farm dude's poo poo.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I am holding an ADTRW fundraising to get me that fire guitar

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

The Lord of Hats posted:

I liked the part where Nux's senpai noticed him.

Immortan Joe: "Muda da"

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Btw, I had no Tom Hardy was supposed to Max until like the end of the movie, I just assumed this was like a reboot or whatever.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Rodyle posted:

But

The first line is "my name is Max"

There's a lotta guysnamed Max in the world

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
No, I'm saying I know he was Max, but when I was watching the movie I thought it was another Max. Because my experience with Mad Max was only the first movie prior to seeing it and when I saw the little girl, I assumed it was another Max, because he had a wife and son that died in the first movie. I overthought it basically and didn't realize it was simpler than I thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The difference is I've seen all of Evil Dead and not so much Mad Max.

• Locked thread