Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
We would likely have to push up the FA draft by a week to accommodate a slow draft. As it stands, a 12 hour clock slow draft takes about a week with only 3 rounds, and we have many more rounds in the FA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

We would likely have to push up the FA draft by a week to accommodate a slow draft. As it stands, a 12 hour clock slow draft takes about a week with only 3 rounds, and we have many more rounds in the FA.

Set the timer for less time once you reach the later rounds.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

ffoecaf is dead or doesn't like me. He didn't respond to my email or post here. Can I just have his rookie pick by default?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

jabro posted:

ffoecaf is dead or doesn't like me. He didn't respond to my email or post here. Can I just have his rookie pick by default?

Says the guy who ignored my opening for negotiations in response to your inquiry. =P

Seriously, you want to trade up, I want to trade down, let's do this.

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
I'm happy to consider offers for my first round rookie draft pick as I know some of you prefer them young!

Brees and Jeffrey are available for the right price also!

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
How does it work trading for a player who is extension or franchise tag eligible, does the other team have to choose to keep them first or do they just get added to your menu?

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Forever_Peace posted:

Says the guy who ignored my opening for negotiations in response to your inquiry. =P

Seriously, you want to trade up, I want to trade down, let's do this.

Oh poo poo. Sorry I should have sent a PM. I was hoping to get the #1 but with the guy MIA and seeing he was dropped from another league for inactivity I'm not having high hopes. You don't have PMs, is the email address on the league site current?

spacejung posted:

How does it work trading for a player who is extension or franchise tag eligible, does the other team have to choose to keep them first or do they just get added to your menu?

If it's before the contracts are due then the team receiving has to use their tag to keep. If it's after contracts are due then the sending team has used their tag already to give them a contract. If they didn't then the player can't be traded since they don't have a contract and are in the draft pool.

jabro fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Jun 25, 2015

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

jabro posted:

If it's before the contracts are due then the team receiving has to use their tag to keep. If it's after contracts are due then the sending team has used their tag already to give them a contract. If they didn't then the player can't be traded since they don't have a contract and are in the draft pool.

Interesting. I have now sent out a few offers here and there.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

spacejung posted:

Interesting. I have now sent out a few offers here and there.

I replied to your email.

Edit: I have to add, those are my interpretation of the rules. I'd wait for a commish to give a definite answer.

Edit2: I rescinded my counter-offer. I did some research and saw that one of the players has been dropped to 3rd string. Glad you didn't accept quickly, you would have ripped me off! I'm not seeing anyone on your team that could get rapeberger for unless you packaged a shitload of picks which would kill your team's rebuilding. If you think of something though let me know.

On that note Roethlisberger is on the block. He was the 8th highest scorer in the league last season. Seems a shame to let him flounder on my bench. Rookie picks and RBs are what I crave.

jabro fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 25, 2015

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Franchised players can be traded after tags are set, but if you commit prior to assigning extensions, the team receiving the player gets no additional tag slots.
Other commishes care to weigh in with their interpretations?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

jabro posted:

Oh poo poo. Sorry I should have sent a PM. I was hoping to get the #1 but with the guy MIA and seeing he was dropped from another league for inactivity I'm not having high hopes. You don't have PMs, is the email address on the league site current?

Yeah no PM, but forever.peace2007 at gmail is still an email you can reach me at for the rookie 1.2

Also, this came up in a conversation with spacejung: :frogsiren: I will consider good offers for Lacy. :frogsiren:

Looking for a very good WR1 and future rookie picks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alucard posted:

Franchised players can be traded after tags are set, but if you commit prior to assigning extensions, the team receiving the player gets no additional tag slots.

We have multiple commissioners?

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

Goff Boyz iz da rudest Boyz

SKA SUCKS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

We have multiple commissioners?

3 of us actually. Helps keeps things going when one of us has life happen. In general we default to Alucard though.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

Alucard posted:

Seems logical to me.

Andio
May 10, 2004

Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind
Withering my intuition leaving opportunities behind

Backno posted:

3 of us actually. Helps keeps things going when one of us has life happen. In general we default to Alucard though.

What he said! Alucard took over completely, we just help when we can.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'd like to think of myself as a co-missioner.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS
In reality we just abuse our power all the time. Originally I was just going to steal everyone's entry fees but Alucard figured it out. I offered half the take if he didn't share the comprising photos he took (how was I to know she was really a he).

Andio, I have no idea where the hell he came from. I think Alucard keeps him around for the witty banter and the terrible trades Andio offers.

Backno fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Jun 27, 2015

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Backno posted:

In reality we just abuse our power all the time. Originally I was just going to steal everyone's entry fees but Alucard figured it out. I offered half the take if he didn't share the comprising photos he took (how was I to know she was really a he).

Andio, I have no idea where the hell he came from. I think Alucard keeps him around for the witty banter and the terrible trades Andio offers.

You stole my drat trophy.

Backno
Dec 1, 2007

SKA SUCKS

jabro posted:

You stole my drat trophy.

No idea what you are talking about

I am trying to get something cool to go with the trophy, but haven't been able to get it all together

Backno fucked around with this message at 11:17 on Jun 27, 2015

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Andio is there to get people to send emails to the wrong person, and to slowly turn this into a premiership fantasy league.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I think we hosed up our trade. Those should be 2015 FA picks, not 2016 FA picks.

The players should be the same, but I should be giving this year's FA 1.02 and should be getting this year's FA 1.06. Could a commish fix this for us?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Forever_Peace posted:

I think we hosed up our trade. Those should be 2015 FA picks, not 2016 FA picks.

The players should be the same, but I should be giving this year's FA 1.02 and should be getting this year's FA 1.06. Could a commish fix this for us?

What he said.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'll edit it to make sure it's right when I approve in a bit. For the newbies, just remember that fa draft is different than rookie draft, and that rookie draft pick trades have to be announced in thread to be counted in the ledger of pending picks to be traded.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why do we do a live FA draft again?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Up to 15 rounds can take a while and time needs to be built in to allow for Waivers and First Come, First Serve FA acquisition before the start of week 1 kickoff. I'm open to doing a slow draft, but need to build in the clock and start date in a reasonable fashion - when we do 3 full rounds at a 12 hour clock, it takes about a week. That would put even a 10 round draft at 3 weeks, and less than 12 hours can be difficult given time zone differences between lots of the folks.

As for the trade, it is approved by 2/3 commishes so far as long as FA draft picks are intended as the trade items, and not rookie draft picks.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Jun 29, 2015

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Nah just on vacation and catching up with work. I'll dig through my emails tomorrow

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Alucard posted:

As for the trade, it is approved by 2/3 commishes so far as long as FA draft picks are intended as the trade items, and not rookie draft picks.

Yep it's 2015 FA picks.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
Paid, and

FA Extensions to
Derek Carr
Justin Forsett

Franchise
Stedman Bailey

Also - could you show a list of the rookie draft picks so we all know what we've got?

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Just to throw this out there one more time before I turn in the homework, I have Vincent Jackson and Seahawks D to franchise. I can't keep both and would gladly trade either for a third-round rookie draft pick or best offer.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Paid by email and awaiting confirmation.

THE SOULFUL POWER BALLADS submit:
- FA extensions to Branden Oliver and Steven Hauschka.
- A franchise tag on Ben Tate (ugh)

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Ninek11 posted:

Also - could you show a list of the rookie draft picks so we all know what we've got?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NFL_draft#Player_selections

Forever_Peace posted:

Paid by email and awaiting confirmation.

I received your payment but am figuring out how to deal with payments through that system - why can't you just use the lovely mobile payment system that everyone agrees is terrible but consistently so?!

My extensions:
Another year, another Reggie Bush Franchise tag
I'm also FA Extensioning Eddie Royal

No others though.

Alucard fucked around with this message at 01:17 on Jul 1, 2015

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Alucard posted:

I received your payment but am figuring out how to deal with payments through that system - why can't you just use the lovely mobile payment system that everyone agrees is terrible but consistently so?!

Which system? Just say the word on how you want to get paid and I can probably work with it.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

I also need to know the preferred method to give you money.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I would prefer a slow draft, but if people would prefer the live draft I'll manage.

Franchise Tag: Marshawn Lynch
FA Extension: Dontrelle Inman, Lions

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
Franchise is Kaepernick
FA extension is Larry Donnel and the Vikings D

Edit: Paid

ffoecaf fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Jul 4, 2015

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Whilst being superbly useful, I was actually hoping for a list of our rookie draft picks.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

oldskool posted:

I also need to know the preferred method to give you money.

Forever_Peace posted:

Which system? Just say the word on how you want to get paid and I can probably work with it.

Apologies - my email should have specified PayPal but I'm dumb. I'll try to see if I can get your money from the online payment system Forever_Peace, and let you know if I have too much trouble.

I'll follow up with a list of the rookie draft order later today, incorporating the currently traded picks.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
:siren::siren:DRAFT ORDER IS UP:siren::siren:
Also present on the first page (this is where the picks will be updated during the draft)
1.01 Windy City Blowers 
1.02 The Soulful Power Ballads 
1.03 Casey Ryback 
1.04 Over the Dwayne Bowe 
1.05 Diarrhea Guard Action 
1.06 The Brownies are Rebuilding
1.07 Flint Tropics 
1.08 Brutally Kunnin' Brutality 
1.09 Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz
1.10 Big Picture
1.11 Cardiac Cats
1.12 Vick Concussion Unit

2.01 Windy City Blowers 
2.02 The Soulful Power Ballads 
2.03 Casey Ryback 
2.04 The Soulful Power Ballads (from Over the Dwayne Bowe via Big Picture)
2.05 Diarrhea Guard Action 
2.06 The Brownies are Rebuilding
2.07 Brutally Kunnin' Brutality  (from Flint Tropics)
2.08 Brutally Kunnin' Brutality 
2.09 Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz
2.10 Big Picture
2.11 Cardiac Cats
2.12 Windy City Blowers  (from Vick Concussion Unit )

3.01 Windy City Blowers 
3.02 The Soulful Power Ballads 
3.03 Casey Ryback 
3.04 Over the Dwayne Bowe 
3.05 Diarrhea Guard Action 
3.06 The Brownies are Rebuilding
3.07 Flint Tropics 
3.08 Brutally Kunnin' Brutality 
3.09 Goff Boyz Da Rudest Boyz
3.10 Big Picture
3.11 Cardiac Cats
3.12 Big Picture (from Vick Concussion Unit via The Soulful Power Ballads)

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Paid.

FA Ext.
Robinson, Denard
Walker, Delanie

Franchise
Texans, Houston

ffoecaf, if you're interested in trading your rookie pick let me know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

FA extension
Rainey, Bobby TBB RB
Carlson, John FA TE

Franchise Player
St Louis Rams

I wouldn't mind keeping Colston, but rookie receivers are plentiful while the other defense options on my team are dreadful & there's somehow only one FA DEF I'd consider an upgrade.

• Locked thread