Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
does it notify everyone when it starts or just the first person?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah

Alucard posted:

does it notify everyone when it starts or just the first person?

The only place I can actually see that were going is the league calender (so thanks for keeping that up to date!)

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Is it possible to pop my last two picks in there for the players I dropped today? (for Brownies are Rebuilding)

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011
Didn't the FA draft used to snake?

Why aren't we doing that again?

Ninek11 fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Aug 3, 2015

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
It was before - this year and last year have mirrored the rookie draft. We can switch back if desired, but not this year, as things are already in progress and the draft order was established a while ago with no concerns.

Mayfly
May 5, 2004

...and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.
Guys, not to be difficult, but I was never notified that the draft had started nor did I receive an email that I was on the clock. I missed my pick, but I don't think that I should be penalized for the website loving up.

Mayfly
May 5, 2004

...and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.
My pick was going to be Vincent Jackson. I will make a provisional pick of Anquan Boldin, but in my opinion, I should get Jackson.

Mayfly
May 5, 2004

When that Jackson pick was called in, I was already discussing the situation with the commish about how to proceed, FYI.

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

It was before - this year and last year have mirrored the rookie draft. We can switch back if desired, but not this year, as things are already in progress and the draft order was established a while ago with no concerns.

Ah, ok. I've always auto-drafted the FA picks, so I didn't notice the change.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Mayfly posted:

My pick was going to be Vincent Jackson. I will make a provisional pick of Anquan Boldin, but in my opinion, I should get Jackson.

Updating that this has been resolved via email. I agree that Mayfly shouldn't lose out on his pick here and will be taking NYJ DST instead.

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Hey guys,

I've no idea why the draft tool won't let me select him, but with the 1.07 pick I'd like to select Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

JTinsdale posted:

Hey guys,

I've no idea why the draft tool won't let me select him, but with the 1.07 pick I'd like to select Chris Ivory, RB, New York Jets.

You have to pick the "draft" option from the "for owners" drop-down menu at the top, rather than the "draft" button from the "league" panel on the left.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

spacejung posted:

Is it possible to pop my last two picks in there for the players I dropped today? (for Brownies are Rebuilding)

Just un-burying this request so I don't have to bring it up again later. Paging admin triumvirate

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Picks were populated based on the rosters an hour before the draft started - no extra picks are awarded based on drops during the draft. It's mostly a matter of avoiding unfair holding of players.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Alucard posted:

Picks were populated based on the rosters an hour before the draft started - no extra picks are awarded based on drops during the draft. It's mostly a matter of avoiding unfair holding of players.

That's cool and all but then maybe you should have started the draft after August 2 since I went by your e-mail which said:

quote:

Hey everyone,

Because most folks were interested in testing the waters of a slow draft for the free agent draft, we are starting the draft a week early (it takes time for slow drafts!) As such, make sure to drop any dead weight players you may have by the end of the day on August 2nd.

I'm the only person this applies to but since other people got their own exceptions I'd like to have this one.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I agree with spacejung on this one.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
For context:

quote:

If, within 1 hour of the FA draft beginning, you have more available picks than you do roster spots, we will eliminate the worst picks such that you cannot exceed your maximum roster size during the draft.

FYI - Although the email was supposed to be a reminder based on the standing rule, not a rule substitute. I can reinstate the last 2 picks, but you still have to bring your roster down to 24 people by the beginning of the season as dictated by the timeline. Getting an extra 2 players isn't going to make a huge difference, most likely.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Alucard posted:

For context:

FYI - Although the email was supposed to be a reminder based on the standing rule, not a rule substitute. I can reinstate the last 2 picks, but you still have to bring your roster down to 24 people by the beginning of the season as dictated by the timeline. Getting an extra 2 players isn't going to make a huge difference, most likely.

I didn't think it would make a huge difference I was more concerned about losing the extra 3-yr. or 5-yr. designation. Thank you for accommodating me I'm still new :angel:

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
With 10 picks you'd get 4 5 years, 3 3 years and 3 1 years. So you're gaining 2 picks that are a 3 year and a 1 year. It's designed to favor fewer picks in terms of contracts.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Can I have Cole Beasley for my last pick that I missed, please.

ffoecaf
Sep 17, 2005

Get Off My Lawn
So what's the point of setting up a draft list if it just does 'Timer expired'?

e: Pick should have been Mike Davis SFO RB

ffoecaf fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 7, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
If jabro wants Cole Beasley then I won't draft him.

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Just fixed both picks, need input from big picture on his replacement pick but have a placeholder for him for now. Hopefully I guessed right.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Missed another one. Mark Sanchez, please.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Let the bidding for Ameer Abdullah... begin

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Taliaferro and Jonas Gray give me warm fuzzies. I am sure I won't be disappointed.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Forgot another one. Gus Johnson, please.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
nvm I'll just assume that is that way for a reason

spacejung fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 15, 2015

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
In many cases, "because defaults" is the reason so ask away

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Hey,

My draft timer expired for pick 10.5. I was hoping to select Jarryd Hayne, RB San Francisco!

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'll fix that later, there were some screwups with the waiver wire that require big picture to give up two people, as the draft has yet to complete.

JTinsdale
Jul 1, 2014
Awesome thanks!

Ninek11
Aug 22, 2011

Alucard posted:

I'll fix that later, there were some screwups with the waiver wire that require big picture to give up two people, as the draft has yet to complete.

I was just going by the league calendar.

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004
Are we still doing the roster size shrink tomorrow?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
I'm going to push that back to Friday

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
How about Monday so we get one more week of preseason?

Or better yet next Monday so we can watch Week 3 and get the best chance possible of seeing who else gets hurt who makes the team?

Beer4TheBeerGod fucked around with this message at 04:35 on Aug 18, 2015

spacejung
Feb 8, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

How about Monday so we get one more week of preseason?

Or better yet next Monday so we can watch Week 3 and get the best chance possible of seeing who else gets hurt who makes the team?

co-sign

Also I think something is funky with my last pick (SF TD) it has two years remaining on it so maybe I shouldn't have been able to pick it? Take a look and lmk.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Mr. Irrelevant is picked.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Ya'll are doing it wrong.

Tebow is still undrafted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Can't do Monday, need to set contracts and give some time between the drop to 24 and contract setting. I'll email tonight and let people know Friday is the deadline.

• Locked thread