Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
nothing has been released that is worth getting

ill get a 3ds if the remake pokemon gen 1 again otherwise gently caress IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:

monkey
Jan 20, 2004

by zen death robot
Yams Fan
I don't know what you mean. Candy crush saga is pretty fun.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
I love and care about video games

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Killing Floor 2...but it's not done.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Ramsus posted:

Killing Floor 2...but it's not done.

its like... exactly the same as the first one. I was pretty disappointed. Got a 6 pack with some friends but we just play grand theft auto instead. most games are pretty awful im not sure why

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

monkey posted:

I don't know what you mean. Candy crush saga is pretty fun.

A thousand nations of the fedora empire will descend upon you. Their e-cig vape will blot out the sun!

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006
vidja games

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

vidja games

dyna soars

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
womens ruined video games

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

you're grounded from the vidja games for a week boy

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Dyna Soar posted:

you're grounded from the vidja games for a week boy

*kills you and mother with a hammer*

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=404111723

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

i only play female avatars so i can stare at their butts while i play bring it on feminists

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

3 witchers comes out tonight and will be the game of the year

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I've been playing the same games over and over for the last 3 - 5 years.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
People get really upset if you point out that the PS4 isn't really that successful even though it's "winning".

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

BigBoss posted:

People get really upset if you point out that the PS4 isn't really that successful even though it's "winning".

does it have games other than bloodborne yet?

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

A misanthrope posted:

does it have games other than bloodborne yet?

The PS4 has nothing that can justify spending $400 on it. Many of the games are just re-releases of games you already played on PS3. I know people are emotionally invested in the success of this consumer product made by a multinational corporation, but it really has been a huge disappointment. The xbone is slightly better in that they've been quietly updating the software and opening it up to become a HTPC, but even still that's not a big enough reason to buy one.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
the new batman game looks like fun imo

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
There's no point in getting a PS4 or Xbone when you can already get all the games for PS3 or 360.

Most games these days are kinda crap because now it's all Call of Duty, Minecraft and mobile garbage like Angry Birds.

I mean, nerds can blame feminism or whatever for ruining video games, but in reality most games these days just aren't that good.

And I'm pretty okay with this tbh because that means more time spent doing things other than video games

SniperFox
Mar 19, 2015
GTA V is pretty loving fun so I don't know what you're talking about OP.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

BigBoss posted:

The PS4 has nothing that can justify spending $400 on it. Many of the games are just re-releases of games you already played on PS3. I know people are emotionally invested in the success of this consumer product made by a multinational corporation, but it really has been a huge disappointment. The xbone is slightly better in that they've been quietly updating the software and opening it up to become a HTPC, but even still that's not a big enough reason to buy one.

Gammatron 64 posted:

There's no point in getting a PS4 or Xbone when you can already get all the games for PS3 or 360.

Most games these days are kinda crap because now it's all Call of Duty, Minecraft and mobile garbage like Angry Birds.

I mean, nerds can blame feminism or whatever for ruining video games, but in reality most games these days just aren't that good.

And I'm pretty okay with this tbh because that means more time spent doing things other than video games

Lately I've been going back to my DS and Playstation Network on PS3 and playing through the huge back catalog of games. Especially old school RPGs like Suikoden 2. There's so much poo poo I haven't played that I don't think I need new games for like 10 years.

RadioactiveKid
Aug 12, 2005

Gato Rebelde
Get a WiiU, it's the console I've had the most fun with. Mario Kart 8 was worth getting the console alone, but the bit I've played of Splatoon was a blast,and i cant wait for it's release date.

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
hotline miami 2 is good

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

A misanthrope posted:

Lately I've been going back to my DS and Playstation Network on PS3 and playing through the huge back catalog of games. Especially old school RPGs like Suikoden 2. There's so much poo poo I haven't played that I don't think I need new games for like 10 years.

Yeah seriously. There are so many good old games that I haven't played they could never make another game again and I would be set until I die

battle
Dec 20, 2013

no real games worth buying comming out untill fall again.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah seriously. There are so many good old games that I haven't played they could never make another game again and I would be set until I die

i just started playing dragon quest 9 and holy poo poo this thing gonna make me lose my job if i don't put it down

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I hope so OP

bring on the crash, wipe the loving slate clean

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib
Bloodborne was awesome OP.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
Last time a console was worth having was PS2.

PC games are making a comeback though and there are a lot of really really good ones.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

EvilJoven posted:

PC games are making a comeback though and there are a lot of really really good ones.

pc games are making a "comeback" by having every good console game ported, and granted it is tempting to be able to make a game look and perform way better

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, the Binding of Isaac, and Dungeon of the Endless are all the game anyone needs.

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe

Twitch posted:

Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup, the Binding of Isaac, and Dungeon of the Endless are all the game anyone needs.

Wrong.

Everyone needs Euro Truck Simulator 2.

This is not a troll its a legit good game, especially when streaming music and drinking.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

it's not dead, it's stillborn, at least on consoles.

pc has kerbal space program and a bunch of other games that are good but not as good as ksp.

EvilJoven posted:

Wrong.

Everyone needs Euro Truck Simulator 2.

This is not a troll its a legit good game, especially when streaming music and drinking.

euro truck simulator 2 is more of a music visualizer than a game.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

EvilJoven posted:

I liked my 360. The ps3 controllers were too little for adult sized American hands though.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

BigBoss posted:

The ps3 controllers were too little for adult sized American hands though.

fat hands, you mean

Death By Yogurt
Apr 3, 2007

video games are for children and i am a giant poopy baby because i sure do love me some video games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

v3crax
Apr 15, 2015
I think Sports Games are dead on Consoles and P.C.'s.

• Locked thread