Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

what is this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Enfield posted:

what is this

muslim sects

i'm with tzeentch fyi

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler
So apparently the UK has no purple parties?

Not sure what that means

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It means laissez faire capitalism is too retarded even for the brits

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
im off the chart

Chris Christie
Dec 26, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Green quadrant? Ewwwww. Looks like I've been spending too much time around here and it's rotting my brain with LIEberalism.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

Bitter Mushroom posted:

also I'm ITSP, apparently. These tests suggest I'm some kind of communist machinist savant

Authoritative fuckerlord bitch

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
OP was pretty close to where I ended up but I feel like the up/down part of the chart is kind of confusing. Like yeah I'm libertarian in that I'm for maximizing personal liberty, but I also think the hypothetically best political system would be a benevolent dictator as people are too easily duped into acting against their own best interest to really make any sort of non authoritarian government work in the longterm imo. So yeah drugs and gay marriage for all but I don't have anything against a strong centralized government which as far as I know is pretty much the exact opposite of libertarian ideology.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

what we ned is a strong leader ot bring us out of this economic slump, restore the pride of the american people etc its hitler

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Yup

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634

Node posted:

Authoritative fuckerlord bitch

have fun in the gulag

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

OP was pretty close to where I ended up but I feel like the up/down part of the chart is kind of confusing. Like yeah I'm libertarian in that I'm for maximizing personal liberty, but I also think the hypothetically best political system would be a benevolent dictator as people are too easily duped into acting against their own best interest to really make any sort of non authoritarian government work in the longterm imo. So yeah drugs and gay marriage for all but I don't have anything against a strong centralized government which as far as I know is pretty much the exact opposite of libertarian ideology.

yeah I feel like their economic/social graph fails to take stuff like that into account

I agree with you but I'm also apparently really libertarian.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

appropriatemetaphor posted:

what we ned is a strong leader ot bring us out of this economic slump, restore the pride of the american people etc its hitler

Node likes this post.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Moridin920 posted:

yeah I feel like their economic/social graph fails to take stuff like that into account

I agree with you but I'm also apparently really libertarian.
I think the issue with the vertical axis is that the questions are designed in such a way that rules out the possibility of an authoritarian government going to bat for your personal rights. Imo the reality of the situation is the opposite, without a strong benevolent authority nothing will stop majority groups from trampling the rights of minorities. I mean just look at america where the majority of people advocating for less central federal power are privileged people upset that minorities are getting equal rights. "States rights" is pretty much a codeword for legal discrimination.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArbitraryC posted:

I think the issue with the vertical axis is that the questions are designed in such a way that rules out the possibility of an authoritarian government going to bat for your personal rights. Imo the reality of the situation is the opposite, without a strong benevolent authority nothing will stop majority groups from trampling the rights of minorities. I mean just look at america where the majority of people advocating for less central federal power are privileged people upset that minorities are getting equal rights. "States rights" is pretty much a codeword for legal discrimination.

Yeah it def conflates social freedom with limited government.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
scored the same as gypsum fanatic except two points less libertarian because i don't believe fundamentalists should be allowed into the country.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

not bad ... could use some improvement

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Harald posted:

not bad ... could use some improvement

Your test came back positive for AIDS

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Beef Turret posted:

Your test came back positive for AIDS

in that case your dad should probably get tested as well

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

There, barely anything, but not green. Happy?

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

how me a frog posted:

There, barely anything, but not green. Happy?

none of it matters, people are going to do what they do regardless

politics is a bunch of bullshit

:D

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

dad gay. so what posted:

you are a cum rag

are u mad?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
smash the state

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

I have no idea what Libertarian actually means but I'm kinda down with that I guess??

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gnarlyhotep posted:

none of it matters, people are going to do what they do regardless

politics is a bunch of bullshit

:D
this is the position of the impotent coward

cams
Mar 28, 2003

cams posted:

this is the position of the impotent coward
"wah i am not willing to live in such a way that promotes positive change because it is entirely likely that i will die without seeing the benefits of it"

selfish cowards itt

blainestereo
Jan 16, 2013

Strongly disagreeing to every question on the test makes you a centrist libertarian.

It's a good test lol.

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

e:betr

Ork of Fiction fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 19, 2015

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

'Our race has many superior qualities, compared with other races.'

What race? The human race? Is this a white person only test or something?

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Has anyone figured out the combination you need to get it square in the center yet, if not you're wasting your time seriously thinking about politics imo

The good thing about politics is that you can own basically everyone because all political parties have dumb shameful bullshit related to them, almost as if labels like that mean nothing and political ideals are different for every person

TheMostFrench posted:

Presumably the question is phrased that way so that "our" means "whatever race you are, person answering the test"

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

TheMostFrench posted:

Funnily enough if you read the FAQ it says they take both interpretations into account

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Turret posted:

Funnily enough if you read the FAQ it says they take both interpretations into account

that is funnily, butthole

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

dad gay. so what posted:

that is funnily, butthole

Unlike your posts

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grandmother of Five
May 9, 2008

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.
it's the hitler thing :D

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

cams posted:

"wah i am not willing to live in such a way that promotes positive change because it is entirely likely that i will die without seeing the benefits of it"

selfish cowards itt

haha

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i love it

break down complex political ideology into a multiple choice question

and a social democrat transforms into militant anarchism

smash the state *jacks off*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo