Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

he gave the wizard an ether

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Fungah! posted:

monday morning or whenever the pre-game speedrun finishes, whichever comes first

i'm watching elmagus practice for it now and it is not going well

monk/red mage/ranger/dancer is terrible against world 2 exdeath

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm on Chaos mode and I got the same poo poo I got last year: Monk

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mikl posted:

First job for my first time ever through FFV is... Thief. How bad is this? I honestly have no idea :ohdear:

no back attacks ever, runs fast on the field, you can !Flee anything, and they're pretty fast little goobers for chucking items

it's not the worst

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Garula is going to be hell. But thieves have a lot of nice quality of life improvements, guaranteed escapes are great, as is immunity to back attacks, plus you can steal a lot of really nice things. People bash on thieves and say they're terrible but they're actually pretty good...just the start is going to be really rough.

make sure you get daggers from the skeletons at the ship graveyard

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

my first job was monk, my second job is samurai.......................................

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

This will never, ever, ever get old.

Looks like three Earth jobs for you then.

sure enough, my third job is chemist

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Renzuko posted:

So, first time ff5 player here, I've got blackmage and berserker so far, anything i should beeline for in karnak?

get a shitload of different kinds of rods because you can consume them during combat to cast third-level spells like firaga

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

So my third Job is Ranger. Black Mage/ Red Mage/ Ranger. Aside from the fact that I need to wait a bit to pick it up, it's a job I've never really used. I do seem to recall that Ranger is the class that gets !X-Fight. Too bad I didn't also pick up a Mystic Knight or I could consider the game won already.

you're doing pretty great already

give your black mage !animals for free and really good heals

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

I made it out of Karnak castle easier with my party of 3 RMs and a BM than I have in previous times I played the game when I was mix and matching. I think I was always hesitant to use spells since MP was a limited resource whereas this time... well... I don't have much choice. Turns out you usually have plenty to last you, it seems.

and it's not even as though you need to fight every battle

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

gatesealer posted:

Welp, I did it. Final job is Chemist.

So I now have Blue mage/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Chemist. How much have I just broken the game over my knee?

that's an insanely good party, although not a lot of synergy going on

but who needs synergy, just do the blue mage tricks or buff your dualwielding mystic knight and sword magicked ninja

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mabels big day posted:

How much longer after the castle explodes do you get access to all the Fire Crystal jobs? I got Ranger and apparently I don't get it right away.

it's a short dungeon away

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I need a strategy for Soul Cannon with a team of four Monks. My other two classes are both Earth jobs and I don't have access to them

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Would it be better to have my Dancer use Barehanded or the Chicken Knife? My group is Monk/Dancer/Samurai/Chemist

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I just managed to kill Omega using a CK-Dancing Samurai and a Chemist

it was awful

what is the hashtag to tweet to Gilgabot?

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

setafd posted:

I just managed to kill Omega using a CK-Dancing Samurai and a Chemist

it was awful

what is the hashtag to tweet to Gilgabot?

and that's my first triple crown

after having a monk drag my party down last year, he was honestly my strongest character during the last boss fight with a few Dragon Powers thrown at him. NED even made the mistake of driving him berserk for me

the dancer was solid as hell both before and after the CK, very satisfied with it

this was my first time with a chemist, and the grind honestly didn't bother me at all. it's very easier to farm up turtle shells and dragon fangs on an emulator. I didn't even bother with dark matter

my samurai was basically a beefier chemist who could cast Haste for free with the Masamune

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Ds version is good. It's the only version of the game that's actually challenge. It'd be better if that weird ability system wasn't so esoteric tho.

the PC version is good because it's literally the DS version

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

now it's my yearly wait for my submissions to be processed so I can begin the cycle anew

• Locked thread