Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

EASHL confirmed, wasting $60 confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae
placeholder

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

This game is going to be loving terrible (because every single one in the series is bad), but yeah I'll buy it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
does this mean i can play with get carried by goons in EASHL and do nothing but literally hit other hockey men and start fights

Grizzly Christ
Sep 26, 2005

I have 98 chewing speed and 99 swallowing power.
:catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare::catstare:
Are playoff beards going to be a launch feature or are they going to be a $4.99 DLC that I have to buy with my +7 Wrist Shot Accuracy boost?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Neodoomium posted:

This game is going to be loving terrible (because every single one in the series is bad), but yeah I'll buy it.

I tried out 15 on the Xbox one and I rather liked the way it played. It played much different than the 360 version does. Granted, I was playing off line away from their notoriously lovely servers.

I'll definitely be buying an Xbox one and playing the hell out of this because I'm thoroughly addicted to OTP.

Grizzly Christ posted:

Are playoff beards going to be a launch feature or are they going to be a $4.99 DLC that I have to buy with my +7 Wrist Shot Accuracy boost?

Speaking of boosts I'm a bit disappointed since I doubt the boost glitch works on the Xbox one version where you can pay for just one boost and then glitch it out so that you have all of them.

I guess I'll have to actually do it the hard way now :/

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I mean, if you're going to make a mistake and buy it, at least buy a PS4. All of the rest of us will be playing it on PS4.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Mods please rename thread:

Duke Chin posted:

NHL 16 - it's the same bullshit with Dynamic Playoff Beard Technology
thx

Also this:

Neodoomium posted:

I mean, if you're going to make a mistake and buy it, at least buy a PS4. All of the rest of us will be playing it on PS4.

Southpaw
Mar 9, 2006

Neodoomium posted:

The notorious teams from 360 era EASHL will be on ps4, even though this game will suck rear end.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

This will be NHL 15 with EASHL patched in. That's all they can manage in a year given their track record. Beards will flap when a fly farts in the arena.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
no mention of nhl 94 mode, even after dropping last gen

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

I didn't buy NHL 15, but considering most features are back I'll probably buy NHL 16 (mostly because I need some games for my Xbox One). I am a sucker.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

^ That's what I wanted to do with this game.

quote:

Available only on XBox One and Playstation 4.

Well, there's $60+PS4 cost saved. Thanks EA. You fucks couldn't give us one more year on the PS3? You were releasing EA games on PS2 until like 2012. :argh:

Player morale in Be A GM is nothing new. I remember Jason Chimera in NHL 07 always being miserable despite being on a Stanley Cup winning team.

"I'm invincible! Nothing can stop me!"

"I know I have more in me. I promise to give it my best."

"I'm feeling strong and healthy. Time to push some limits!"

Weren't there even players who would hint at wanting a trade because they didn't feel like they were being given enough ice time? Sounds like they're hoping people have forgotten about it.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:28 on May 19, 2015

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

they're hoping people have forgotten about it.

Thread title

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXGJo6ZJnyg

Some highlights, because things move really fast.

You can have bumblebee shaft tape (custom color)

You can have different styles of blade tape (custom color)
--i.e, no toe, toe half, toe half (no toe), traditional, everything

You can have different styles of shin tape (custom color, or clear)

Gone are the Potential Stars, but instead wording, which I would imagine goes back to Franchise, Top 3, Top 6, Depth, etc

I would imagine you can customize the color of the runner of your skates, since it is an option, like skate laces

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

CBJSprague24 posted:

^ That's what I wanted to do with this game.

Well, there's $60+PS4 cost saved. Thanks EA. You fucks couldn't give us one more year on the PS3?

poor spotted

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I hope EA decides to bring hockey back to the PC someday, I want to play their terrible games again

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
i am going to make a 7 foot defenseman and clear the crease all game long

and by the crease, i mean the entire surface of the ice

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

We have a video game for people with no money, it's called NHL15.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Pleads posted:

We have a video game for people with no money, it's called NHL15.

Actually...

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-legacy

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

Well, there's $60+PS4 cost saved. Thanks EA. You fucks couldn't give us one more year on the PS3? You were releasing EA games on PS2 until like 2012. :argh:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/05/19/ea-sports-announces-nhl-legacy-edition-for-xbox-360-and-playstation-3.aspx

here you go bud

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
NHL16: Will this be the year that sba finally drives out to kill Rammer??

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

hmmmmmmmm What will I have to do to get a PS4....

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Doctor Butts posted:

hmmmmmmmm What will I have to do to get a PS4....

purchase or steal one, i imagine

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

man it's gonna really own when i get a ps4 just for this hunk of poo poo and Battlefront and they're both awful!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

sba posted:

poor spotted

I prefer "cheap-rear end".

Oh sweet. I apologize to EA then.

...for that only.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

THE MACHO MAN posted:

man it's gonna really own when i get a ps4 just for this hunk of poo poo and Battlefront and they're both awful!

Rocket League

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

They're going to gently caress this up and give Sidney Crosby a Brent Burns beard

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

So if I've never played any of these before but I used to love NHL 94 & NHL Hitz (the blitz hockey game), should I even bother?

Alternatively, did 15 become worthwhile in ultimate edition form with all the features included, or should I try and enjoy 14?

I've watched enough CAPS playoff hockey to want to try and play this.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
No GM connected according to EA on some question and answer website they're doing. They said it's because no one really used it, but according to everyone here that's because it was broken.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

GM Connected was utter trash and never really got fixed. Neat idea, lovely execution. EA as gently caress.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

The Notorious ZSB posted:

So if I've never played any of these before but I used to love NHL 94 & NHL Hitz (the blitz hockey game), should I even bother?

Alternatively, did 15 become worthwhile in ultimate edition form with all the features included, or should I try and enjoy 14?

The game's a lot better if you stop expecting to get rewarded for good hockey plays and just with the intent of getting drunk and hitting things, hoping to elbow a few pucks in

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
the game is an outstanding simulation

of how not to play hockey irl

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

inSTAALed posted:

the game is an outstanding simulation

of how not to play hockey irl

tell that to to the kids at drop-in hockey. deke, deke, don't pass, deke, deke, don't line change.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

No GM connected according to EA on some question and answer website they're doing. They said it's because no one really used it, but according to everyone here that's because it was broken.

Literally unplayable. Everything was buried behind menus that took minutes to load so it wasn't possible to actually manage your team. Every superstar player got injured. Coaching AI kept sending good players to waivers when you weren't looking. A big touted feature, the mobile companion app, was never released on Android.

Never in my life have I seen an idea with such high hopes get buried so heavily by poor execution.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
...but see no one ever played it so so SO :effort:

loving ea

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

If you haven't played any of these since 94 it's definitely worth picking up and playing, although If you've waited this long it might not hurt to just wait for 16. The games are actually pretty good and you'll for sure have fun. The reason people are so disenchanted and think the game is so lovely is because they essentially released the same game from 14 and even took away features for next gen. Everyone is so upset because they know how good of a game it could be if they just fixed the same issues that have been plaguing the game year after year. That being said if you've never played any of these and you don't know what those same glaring issues are I guarantee you'll have fun. Actually if you take the game in isolation and don't think about where it's come from or where it should be going it's a very fun game.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jovial Cow posted:

Everyone is so upset because they know how good of a game it could be if they just fixed the same issues that have been plaguing the game year after year. That being said if you've never played any of these and you don't know what those same glaring issues are I guarantee you'll have fun. Actually if you take the game in isolation and don't think about where it's come from or where it should be going it's a very fun game.

This is very on-point.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Jovial Cow posted:

If you haven't played any of these since 94 it's definitely worth picking up and playing, although If you've waited this long it might not hurt to just wait for 16. The games are actually pretty good and you'll for sure have fun. The reason people are so disenchanted and think the game is so lovely is because they essentially released the same game from 14 and even took away features for next gen. Everyone is so upset because they know how good of a game it could be if they just fixed the same issues that have been plaguing the game year after year. That being said if you've never played any of these and you don't know what those same glaring issues are I guarantee you'll have fun. Actually if you take the game in isolation and don't think about where it's come from or where it should be going it's a very fun game.

Thanks dude, this was the opinion I was looking for. Sounds very familiar to my experience with the NCAA Franchise before it died. I'll prb keep an eye on 15 to see if it drops and if not then sounds like I'll get in on 16.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Thanks dude, this was the opinion I was looking for. Sounds very familiar to my experience with the NCAA Franchise before it died. I'll prb keep an eye on 15 to see if it drops and if not then sounds like I'll get in on 16.

Seriously. Like... seriously... wait for 16 if you're current gen. Go 15 only on last gen systems.

Jovial Cow posted:

The reason people are so disenchanted and think the game is so lovely is because they essentially released the same game from 14 and even took away features for next gen. Everyone is so upset because they know how good of a game it could be if they just fixed the same issues that have been plaguing the game year after year.
:sigh: I mean, that right there really nails it.

• Locked thread