Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
NHL 16 Planning Meeting is as follows:

"What requires the least amount of programming and the most we can recycle from the last iteration?

...do that.
[Proceeds to wet fart into the microphone]

Meeting adjourned."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
"What can we cut from this iteration, but bring back next year so we can put 'We listened to the fans!' in the press releases?" *raucous laughter*

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

KiddieGrinder posted:

"What can we cut from this iteration, but bring back next year so we can put 'We listened to the fans!' in the press releases?" *raucous laughter*

Editing current players attributes.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Hockles posted:

Do they still include some sick kid that ends up winning all of the awards in BAGM/BAP if you forget to edit their stats down or remove them from rosters? One year there was a 16 year old girl who had survived cancer that got included as a goalie. I'm pretty sure she made it to the free agent list in my game and ultimately ended up replacing Carey Price when the AI Canadiens picked her up.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

Teeter posted:

Do they still include some sick kid that ends up winning all of the awards in BAGM/BAP if you forget to edit their stats down or remove them from rosters? One year there was a 16 year old girl who had survived cancer that got included as a goalie. I'm pretty sure she made it to the free agent list in my game and ultimately ended up replacing Carey Price when the AI Canadiens picked her up.

The whole game is the sick kid, and it still has the terminal cancer.

Oglogoth
May 16, 2010

Daaaaarling~

sba posted:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hockles posted:

Is there a good reason as to why that feature was even removed in the first place? It seems like one of the simplest things to program. I remember playing around with Andrew Cassels attributes to make him a superstar in like NHL 96.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

ThinkTank posted:

Is there a good reason as to why that feature was even removed in the first place? It seems like one of the simplest things to program. I remember playing around with Andrew Cassels attributes to make him a superstar in like NHL 96.

because the dev team for this game is complete garbage?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

sba posted:

Uh yeah new thread title I mean come on

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

THE MACHO MAN posted:

I would love to be in the planning room where they come up with these poo poo ideas

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Teeter posted:

It's Rio Yassin but his stats are reasonable. People use him boosted in HUT because he's like 4'10" so he can just skate in between people.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

sba posted:

because the dev team for this game is complete garbage?

I get that, but is there a financial/gameplay reason for doing so? Do they want to force people to download only their roster updates? Can people use it to cheat in online play or something? I'm no programmer, but I can't imagine a database editor would take all that long to put together, and it's something people expect from a sports video game produced in the last 15-20 years.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

ThinkTank posted:

I get that, but is there a financial/gameplay reason for doing so? Do they want to force people to download only their roster updates? Can people use it to cheat in online play or something? I'm no programmer, but I can't imagine a database editor would take all that long to put together, and it's something people expect from a sports video game produced in the last 15-20 years.

I assume the code for the game is so broken that you can probably crash the poo poo out of it by editing rosters somehow...like if you wanted to make everyone a 99OVR or something, it probably crashes the game. So instead of fixing it, they just took out editing.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
They probably just don't want to bother with making the front-end UI for editing players. I suspect that the poor sales performance of 15 got their team size somewhat cut, and they have to be even more picky about what they can/can't implement now.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Funny, our not buying the game in disgust over the lack of features will lead to even fewer features because EA are the only developers making a hockey game.

EA Sports, it's still not in the game.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Diet Crack posted:

EA Sports, it's still not in the game.

I always preferred "EA Sports, it's a shame!"

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

eSports Chaebol posted:

It's Rio Yassin but his stats are reasonable. People use him boosted in HUT because he's like 4'10" so he can just skate in between people.

That's awesome in a terrible way. Rio is new to me since I haven't kept up with newer updates but these are hilarious.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
It's a nice gesture and all but they should really keep the terminally ill child superplayers out of Dynasty mode and stuff

Or at least have a checkbox to have real world players only

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
OH yeah I hated that gently caress. I was like two years into my sim and she ended up on the Isles at 99. Completely unbeatable.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

THE MACHO MAN posted:

OH yeah I hated that gently caress. I was like two years into my sim and she ended up on the Isles at 99. Completely unbeatable.

play better defense

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm wrong. Ignore me.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

sba posted:

play better defense

It's just wrong to hit a terminally ill patient.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
New NHL 16 trailer was just released:

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Duke Chin posted:

New NHL 16 trailer was just released:

Wow, the ragdoll physics have really improved!

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Finally got around to playing a few h2h matchups and either i still dont suck after not playing online for a few years or pubbies bad.

Probably pubbies bad since they just try force breakaways and never pass the puck.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

Dubious posted:

Finally got around to playing a few h2h matchups and either i still dont suck after not playing online for a few years or pubbies bad.

Probably pubbies bad since they just try force breakaways and never pass the puck.

Are you beta testing or something?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Nah just playing 15

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Long winning streaks are pretty standard for good players when starting. I was something like 50-3-2 on nhl 15. Then I went 139-40-9. Then I stopped playing because the game sucks.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
It may just be my unfamiliarity with the new controller, but 15 on the one feels floaty as all gently caress.

That being said, the presentation (which you pretty much always skip) is pretty top notch.

NHL 15 on 360 feels much sharper and punchier.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
i like 15s gameplay but the feeling of laying somebody out feels less satisfying on PS4 compared to PS3.

sba
Jul 9, 2001

bae

quote:

When we started developing NHL 16 we identified early on through our NHL Game Changers program that the ability to edit players needed to be a priority. This was further reinforced by your questions on Ask NHL. We had always planned to include this feature in the series, but when we announced our feature set in May we could not say with 100% confidence that it would be available at launch. However, after working with members of our NHL team we were able to expedite the development of this feature without negatively impacting our previously announced feature set. So with that being said, I am happy to announce that Edit Player will be available in NHL 16 when the game launches in September 2015.

ty based rammer

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

I like that having sports game staples STILL isn't loving assured for the second year in a row lol

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

[04:28pm] <@sba> and BAP lives

:toot:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

sba posted:

ty based rammer

my takeaway from that?

Rammer: :monocle: "HOLY poo poo guys okay okay okay I'll put it back in jesus h loving christ please buy our game... PLEASE?!?!?!"

Dude is gonna have battered spouse syndrome after this iteration.

...good.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Like I said, the guy is a cancer.

chocolateTHUNDER
Jul 19, 2008

GIVE ME ALL YOUR FREE AGENTS

ALL OF THEM
Editing players is back in.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Editing players is back in.

Yes, we know. sba posted the update.

Zip!
Aug 14, 2008

Keep on pushing
little buddy

NHL Trailer out today around 4pm EST - I'm excited to be disappointed!

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

sba should live stream himself screaming at his computer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Zip! posted:

NHL Trailer out today around 4pm EST - I'm excited to be disappointed!

Slow motion flappy jersey shots set to fall out boy music with interstitial audio cut ins by doc.

AND NEW THIS SEASON: We're happy to introduce BETWEEN THE GLASS WITH PIERRE MCGUIRE!

Also, we spared no expense in bringing in physicists from all over the world who modeled the puck after a pyramid.

• Locked thread