Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXGJo6ZJnyg

Some highlights, because things move really fast.

You can have bumblebee shaft tape (custom color)

You can have different styles of blade tape (custom color)
--i.e, no toe, toe half, toe half (no toe), traditional, everything

You can have different styles of shin tape (custom color, or clear)

Gone are the Potential Stars, but instead wording, which I would imagine goes back to Franchise, Top 3, Top 6, Depth, etc

I would imagine you can customize the color of the runner of your skates, since it is an option, like skate laces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CBJSprague24 posted:

Well, there's $60+PS4 cost saved. Thanks EA. You fucks couldn't give us one more year on the PS3? You were releasing EA games on PS2 until like 2012. :argh:

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/05/19/ea-sports-announces-nhl-legacy-edition-for-xbox-360-and-playstation-3.aspx

here you go bud

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Jovial Cow posted:

Everyone is so upset because they know how good of a game it could be if they just fixed the same issues that have been plaguing the game year after year. That being said if you've never played any of these and you don't know what those same glaring issues are I guarantee you'll have fun. Actually if you take the game in isolation and don't think about where it's come from or where it should be going it's a very fun game.

This is very on-point.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Thanks dude, this was the opinion I was looking for. Sounds very familiar to my experience with the NCAA Franchise before it died. I'll prb keep an eye on 15 to see if it drops and if not then sounds like I'll get in on 16.

If you have next-gen, just wait until September. NHL 15 for next-gen is literally half a game.

To put it in terms of NCAA. It's like if they removed online dynasties and only had Online single-game VS, (whatever the NCAA version of Ultimate team is), offline Dynasties, and a Road to Glory mode where you had to sit and watch every single play of the game, regardless of position.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I bring this up every time this topic comes about, but I play with no sound and just listen to music or watch TV on another screen.

#BringBackJimHughson

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

KiddieGrinder posted:

"What can we cut from this iteration, but bring back next year so we can put 'We listened to the fans!' in the press releases?" *raucous laughter*

Editing current players attributes.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm wrong. Ignore me.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

[04:28pm] <@sba> and BAP lives

:toot:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Editing players is back in.

Yes, we know. sba posted the update.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Spoilers:

https://www.easports.com/nhl/features/nhl-16

This, but in video form.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDumJG4RXt8

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Look at all that snow kicked up.

e: Also, the "goalie falls straight to his rear end to make a save" is still in. gg

Hockles fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jul 15, 2015

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I will gladly trade an Xbone code (that I assume I will be getting) for a PS4 code.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It's not like EA is getting any more money. Those idiots already gave EA money.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

...yep

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fq6hKd3vFZw

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Furnaceface posted:

OK which one of those guys is Bradf0rd?

None. sba would have been our community representative.

Me, if they did this 3 years ago.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

It doesn't really unlock until tomorrow. I think that is a private EA thing.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sba hype train status:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Rev posted:

Show me your best.

You don't want to start with our group. We are the masters of EA Sports NHL youtube videos.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Rev posted:

Oh but you are wrong, I want clips to pump me up. I took a few in my day when it was easy to do so, but 15 removed that ability in PS3 so it could be a new feature again. I need all the clips. I'm very much looking forward to the PS4 recording feature.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Hockles/videos

Go there. I had to change permissions on like half of the videos because you couldn't see them on the page without it being listed as public. So, they are out of order chronologically.

But, that is a large chunk of our videos. Bradf0rd or Pleads has the other stash.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Tatum Girlparts posted:

So does preordering 16 get you demo access too or is it just if you own 15?

It does not. There are 2 ways to get the beta code:

1) Own NHL 15 for Xbox One or PS4, and get code for that system through UI in-game. Go to PSN/XBL marketplace. Redeem code. Download beta. Get Hype.

2) Own NHL 15 for Xbox 360 or PS3, and sign up to receive e-mails from EA Sports. Pray you were selected for the beta. Be lucky enough to get an e-mail. Redeem code for next-gen of your Console (360 gets XBone code, PS3 gets PS4 code). Go to PSN/XBL marketplace. Redeem code. Download beta. Get Hype.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

EASHL Forward Class Builds

From "beta", and they said these are subject to dynamic tuning.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I got my Xbox One beta code. If you don't already have it, pm me and it's yours.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Narcissus1916 posted:

On the ps4 how the hell do I get the camera to follow the puck instead of me?

Its totally loving any hope of me learning anything about how to play NHL16.

Tap the left part of the touch-pad. It changes focus.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Because sba is too lazy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXuTTDbo9-Q

Also, what we did this afternoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1OMlX9ec18

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Rev posted:

I wish I had a PS4 to get in on the beta action, where are my sales, Sony?

Any obvious glitch or bugs found yet, or has it been a refreshing experience vs old gen EASHL?

The only actual bug I have found, is I got trapped in Action Tracker during intermission after the pause timer ran out. I couldn't leave and everybody else was "Waiting for User." To fix it, I had to go to the PS4 Desktop and close the application.

I haven't gone back into Action Tracker since.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

BETA EXTENDED

https://www.easports.com/nhl/eashl/...43&sf39841724=1

quote:

Thanks to the thousands of players who have strapped on the skates to play the NHL 16 EASHL Beta. We’ve been listening to your reactions through our social channels, forums, EASHL Surveys and are happy to announce that we have released an EASHL Beta Gameplay Tuner that will download automatically once you jump back into the beta.

To make sure that everyone gets time to experience the new gameplay tuner and offer additional feedback - We are extending the EASHL Beta until Monday, August 10, 2015, on both Xbox One and PlayStation 4. The beta will end between 10:00 am - 12:00 pm PT.

This tuner will only impact gameplay and will not affect other in-game elements such as presentation or online connection. This tuner will update EASHL player class attributes and general gameplay elements to make the game more balanced. As this is a beta, your current experience will not fully represent what will be in NHL 16 when the game launches in September. We are incredibly appreciative of all the feedback so far, and we will continue to improve and refine the experience.

EASHL Beta Gameplay Tuner:

Lowered AI faceoff attributes.
Lowered Power Forwards shot accuracy and chance to intercept the puck cleanly to make up for their strong puck control.
Lowered success of the standup goalie to cover the top of the net when in the butterfly.
Lowered strength of protecting the puck. Players will still absorb hits in the right situations, but it will lower the threshold of the strength of the collision to cause the player to stumble.
Lowered balance on all classes slightly to go hand in hand with the lowering of puck control strength when protecting the puck.
Decreased friction on boards to help regular passes kick around easier.
The goalie will favor the shooter more, taking away the short-side but will be more vulnerable to cross-ice passes as a result.
Lowered AI goalie speed moving across for passes.
Less goalie error on slower pucks on net towards their 5-hole.
Lowered AI goalie aggression to come out and play the puck and chance of flipping the puck over the glass.
Lowered goalie passing/shooting speed.
Decreased player controlled goalie speed in core movement (T-pushes and full butterfly pushes) to make them easier to control.
Lowered speed of goalie passing the puck out from their glove when they are covering the puck, and raised the ability for a near opponent to intercept it.
Increased player controlled goalies ability to make saves near their body when they are cutting off the angles, and decreased ability to make saves when they are back on the goal line and forced to reach out to the edges of the net.
Added a fix to prevent faceoff spamming from working.
Reduced wrap around success for shooters to be more in line with the player controlled goalies ability to get over.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

"Couch Co-op" is a 21st century buzzword for "Playing with another person on the same console." A feature that has been around since the start of video games.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bradf0rd posted:

Shitter's full.

This might be the most appropriate response and statement about the team possible.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I played a game. I scored a goal. ggs

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm testing out Be A GM as CBJ for the eventual Be A Pro that I run in the spring.

1) There is a bug that causes the game to crash to the desktop if I am making the #1 OVR pick (which would be a 99 OVR prospect that I created in the same style as goons from last year)

2) In an effort to trade down, I proposed the following trade

BUF gets: #1 OVR pick
CBJ gets: #2 OVR pick

BUF rejects this trade, as they are not getting enough value.

:golfclap:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ThinkTank posted:

Did you set trade logic to hard? I did that with my BAGM and it's now impossible to make any trade whatsoever. I am a month into the season and there has not been a single trade of any sort across the entire league. Does it pick up closer to the trade deadline?

Easy. Always easy.

I didn't look at trades at all, I just wanted to make it through scouting to the draft and offseason.

There is no menu telling you who retired, or notifies you in anyway

Unless nobody retired?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Version 1.03
Improvements made to online game performance and crash issues

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

CellBlock posted:

If you start in the juniors, is BAP supposed to have you play a full year? I was thinking it was just going to be like the Memorial Cup or something, but gently caress, I don't want to go through a whole season with the Otters (even though they own). (I simmed a bunch, then got yelled at for being lazy.)

I want to play a few games to set up my draft spot, but I didn't want to learn the intricacies of the OHL. Did I just pick the wrong option when I started?

You want to select "Start with Entry Draft"

You start in the Memorial Cup to determine your draft spot.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Duke Chin posted:

WTF is GOAT?

1) Greatest Of All Time

2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfpL6_0OBuA

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

The Rev posted:

Can we update the OP to get a list of all the goon teams on ps4 and bone...if there is even a bone group out there.

I know of RGR and our team, DAD (Stop hitting us dad). I'd be nice to know if we come across another goon crew.

I know Eckertmania and Jarmak have a team. They might be the only ones. Maybe you should absorb them.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

I'm guessing you can't be on more than 1 team, right? I'm on a team with REAL LIFE friends now but also want to play with goons.

Correct, you can only be on 1 EASHL team. So, you either need to abandon your RL friends, or ignore goons. Or, introduce your RL friends to goons.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

sellouts posted:

yeah pay for live twice we've all done that before right

Hi.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Confirmed. Game is unbroken.