Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

they're hoping people have forgotten about it.

Thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

sba posted:

I hope everyone comes off hiatus for EASHL 16, I miss the drama from not us

I'm pretty excited about playing again, and while I'll never be a 7-night-a-week grognard like some of you beauties, I definitely miss it.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Launch night! Will be streaming some EASHL with other PS4 digital bros in a few minutes at http://www.twitch.tv/tim_pe .

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

CountingCrows posted:

Defense is so hard, can someone give me a slight idea about what you're supposed to do?

This is all very general advice to help you develop the proper instincts for the game (both hockey in general and the EA NHL games). Ignore it once you figure out what you're doing. YMMV.

Turn off auto back skate and learn when to use manual back skate vs stopping and turning.

Defensive zone (puck in your end): Stay low. Work to disrupt the other team's play and re-gain possession via stick lift, poke check, and positioning your player to cut off cross-crease passes. Check or at least run into dudes camping in front of the net. Try not to screen your goalie. Make a good first pass to drive the breakout. Don't get penalties for late hits.

Transitioning: Stay back so you can be in position to deal when your idiot teammates turn it over in the neutral zone. Don't let the other team's forwards be closer to your own net than you.

Offense: When the puck is deep in their zone (past the faceoff dots), work the points (just inside the offensive zone, i.e. just on the other side of the blue line). Take slappers if you have an open lane to the net, if not pass. When the puck is high, stay back to be ready to respond when your idiot teammates turn it over (there may be a theme here). When you're on the powerplay, be ready to go back and retrieve the other team's clearances.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Yeah, that is probably it.

Video from the RGR/#eashlgoons launch party last night is up. Thanks Twitch for having a broken highlighter and not actually trimming anything! I put jump links to the games in the description so you don't have to watch us gently caress around in the menus for 20 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtdUuUndHtQ

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Didn't start streaming right away for some reason, so I don't have video of my/Bradf0rd's goal, but it was a thing of beauty.

Do have the last 2 periods (first period was boring) of a 5-player game, and then a full game with unz, sba, and I playing forward where we actually played pretty well, didn't take stupid penalties, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eCQAfq_1rA

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Yeah I have X not registering a TON.

I'm glad someone said something, this was happening to me too and I was convinced my controller was hosed up.

Game owns. Six games last night, five wins and zero lag. EASHL is way more fun than 14 and actually feels like a "real sport" (lol I know, but it's true) where positions and builds matter way more than glitch skills and poopsocking. As sba pointed out this morning in IRC, it's nice to be discussing our positioning and tactics after playing games rather than bitching about glitches or lag or people dropping or #firerammer or whatever.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Jovial Cow posted:

We need to have an Xbox vs PS goon throw down.

It happens about every hour on the hour on IRC.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Just posted three games last night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9hOmV3Ux0M

At one point in the third game we improvised the flying V, with Bradf0rd leading the charge as a defenseman.

Watch the highlight: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9hOmV3Ux0M&feature=youtu.be&t=1h34m20s

it didn't work out

aunt jenkins fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Sep 18, 2015

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Bradf0rd posted:

Shitter's full.

:golfclap:

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

I actually did buy a PS4 pretty much just to play this game last year, and didn't even buy 15 because I only played BAP and wanted to do more EASHL, and BAP was hilariously neutered and EASHL was removed altogether. So 16 is actually delivering on why I bought the PS4 at all (and of course in the meantime I've played lots of other good nextgen games). It's very fun. If you want to buy a console just for it then I say go for it :homebrew:

aunt jenkins fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Sep 23, 2015

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Was pretty frustrated last night since I'd been away from the game for a few days and was looking forward to playing again, only to have at least a full second of input lag. Frustrating to say the least to be always that far behind what was happening.

Did some checks and realized that apparently my connection had been degrading over time and I was only getting 2mbps from my ISP in prime time. Not used to that being a problem since I have fiber optic to my house. Apparently my ISP (Frontier) has massively oversold their network in my area and prime-time congestion has been a known issue for a month. :argh:

Tried it this morning at 6AM when I was getting my usual 50megs and it's like a different game. My passes are hitting, I actually have time to get decent shots off, etc. Also I can poke and stick lift effectively without taking penalties.

Apparently it'll be fixed "soon". :negative:

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

sellouts posted:

Last night there was only AJ and someone later literally said "glad we cut all those guys" or whatever so I don't know

Yeah, that was me (sarcastically) saying that as well. It's just annoying to be ready to play, see 4 players on, sit around watching them play so I can join in, and then they get their asses kicked and all decide to quit, leaving me spending almost 2 hours trying to get a game going and just having to play ultra-lovely drop-in instead.

17 players (oops 16, rip) seems like a lot but when there's only 1 person up for playing from 7:30-9:30 PM Pacific maybe there's some room :iiam:

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Pleads posted:

This is the logic that leads to 8-9 people being online at a time. It sucks that some nights there are not enough folks for a game (or they are bad (they are all bad) and quit out when they get badly beaten bad) but it's better and easier than trying some middle management seniority bullshit when things are too full. You want to pay me to be a middle manager then I will do that poo poo, until then no.

Yeah, yeah, I get it, nobody wants to be the one that has to tell people to sit out. Just needed to vent.

Also if EA could make a drop-in mode that allowed me to only be placed into games WITH NO HUMAN GOALIES that would be great tia

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Well after all my bitching last night, got in 4 games tonight with the RGR crew, netted 3G 6A and +7, team went 3-1 and we really should've won that first one based on flow of play. For whatever reason (region matching settings maybe?) I had way less lag tonight and as a result was able to actually contribute. Lots of fun, thanks guys :unsmith:

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Kanish posted:

Is there a "TURN THE gently caress AROUND" button on D?

Turn off auto back skate and use LT when you want to actually backskate. Also keep in mind that if you need to turn 180°, it's usually faster to stop and go rather than make a big sweeping arc.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Game of the year.

Also, since I know there was nextgen console purchase chatte, the game is undeniably smoother overall on Xbone, from menus to saving/loading to gameplay.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

CBJSprague24 posted:

What's the custom goal horn/goal song you guys use?

We have player-specific horns and songs, TYVM.

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Dale Meets Wall posted:

So I miss playing EASHL with goons. Have the game for XB1, been playing a lot of HUT and I'm at a halt in progression so I'm just doing collections which gets boring after a while. Any teams looking to add a free agent?

protip: get well versed in guy fieri lore before applying for membership

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Naturally, we lost

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

lol internet. posted:

God drat NHL 16 update.

I can barely score now. Cross crease one timers basically rarely score now as well.

Opposite experience. Game's finally playable.

Anders posted:

Huh, maybe I'll play a game and see, if RGR aren't all xbox exclusive now

I got bad news

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

Sometimes we score a lot of goals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXxLnPOM_fg

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

dont forget to mash the like button!!!

Also, fine, here's a 3 minute game start to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYTbchCw-E4

aunt jenkins fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Jun 7, 2016

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

I wanted to learn how to use iMovie a little better, so I made a silly thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7gDihlqSQA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aunt jenkins
Jan 12, 2001

17 thread is up

• Locked thread