Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
Mods please rename thread:

Duke Chin posted:

NHL 16 - it's the same bullshit with Dynamic Playoff Beard Technology
thx

Also this:

Neodoomium posted:

I mean, if you're going to make a mistake and buy it, at least buy a PS4. All of the rest of us will be playing it on PS4.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
...but see no one ever played it so so SO :effort:

loving ea

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Thanks dude, this was the opinion I was looking for. Sounds very familiar to my experience with the NCAA Franchise before it died. I'll prb keep an eye on 15 to see if it drops and if not then sounds like I'll get in on 16.

Seriously. Like... seriously... wait for 16 if you're current gen. Go 15 only on last gen systems.

Jovial Cow posted:

The reason people are so disenchanted and think the game is so lovely is because they essentially released the same game from 14 and even took away features for next gen. Everyone is so upset because they know how good of a game it could be if they just fixed the same issues that have been plaguing the game year after year.
:sigh: I mean, that right there really nails it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Soft Shell Crab posted:

NHL 15 current gen is really bad after the new car smell has vanished.

As posted in the previous (better titled) thread: Old Gen > Current Gen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVxPkMG832Y

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I'm gonna laaaaaaaaugh laugh laugh if they somehow forget to port over the PUCK-IS-PUCK-SHAPED-NOW code instead of the PUCK-IS-A-BALL code we've apparently been running on for the last 8+ iterations.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Soft Shell Crab posted:

They should bring some expert to tell how things actually are every year. "You see guys puck actually is solid object sticks don't go through it" - Physicist from Cern.

Good, good - you, too, remember that article from last year. :D

prom candy posted:

NHL 15 is on EA access so you can play it for like $5/mo if you want. FIFA's on there too.

Was the newer fifa a trainwreck, too? Not that I would or really care about the futballs but I'm curious as to whether it was hot garbage on the current get like our ol' buddy 15 here is/was.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Bradf0rd posted:

Well he will be only a couple days away on I-5 soon... :getin:

Rammer's up in Vancouver, right? That's a 3 hour drive for me. :ninja:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
I love that the first shot and goal in that video is the exact same spot and move that's like a 98% guaranteed goal in every iteration up to and including NHL 15. I've scored that same goal in every goddamn version... A lot.

We All Have.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Narcissus1916 posted:

one year, the 2k series had an option for "orchestral score" so instead of listening to commentary you got a ridiculously dramatic soaring instrumental awesomeness throughout the game. I played entirely too much of that edition just because of that stupid option.

Less Doc 'n' Eddie, more of this. Preferably Hans Zimmer.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

:agreed:

#BringBackGaryAndBill - "...something something CANNONADE!"

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Hockles posted:

#BringBackJimHughson

ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :shrug:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Teeter posted:

I really haven't cared much for console gaming in a bit so I never made the plunge to the newest generation but it keeps amazing me more and more how much MS took a step back compared to Sony. Looks like PS4 is 1000% the way to go when I get around to it.

Gonna sell more music on their poo poo rear end respective stores if you don't let the mouth breathers plebs regular, brand-loyal consumer stream their own, already-purchased music. :toot:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Puck collecting seems, to me, like it got worse after 12 but that's admittedly ENTIRELY anecdotal and subjective.

Also we've kicked around the thought that rammer had never been to a hockey game before the all star dirt bike jersey game this past season and wow did his Twitter intimate as much.

(Not to mention round-puck vs. puck-shape-puck ACTUALLY BEING A THING THEY INCORPORATED AS A "FEATURE" THIS MANY YEARS INTO A PRO ICE HOCKEY GAME)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
NHL 16 Planning Meeting is as follows:

"What requires the least amount of programming and the most we can recycle from the last iteration?

...do that.
[Proceeds to wet fart into the microphone]

Meeting adjourned."

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

sba posted:

The whole game is the sick kid, and it still has the terminal cancer.

Uh yeah new thread title I mean come on

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
New NHL 16 trailer was just released:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

sba posted:

ty based rammer

my takeaway from that?

Rammer: :monocle: "HOLY poo poo guys okay okay okay I'll put it back in jesus h loving christ please buy our game... PLEASE?!?!?!"

Dude is gonna have battered spouse syndrome after this iteration.

...good.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Zip! posted:

NHL Trailer out today around 4pm EST - I'm excited to be disappointed!

Slow motion flappy jersey shots set to fall out boy music with interstitial audio cut ins by doc.

AND NEW THIS SEASON: We're happy to introduce BETWEEN THE GLASS WITH PIERRE MCGUIRE!

Also, we spared no expense in bringing in physicists from all over the world who modeled the puck after a pyramid.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah but let's be honest there SHOULD be at least a little 5-10 second window there after the final horn to disparage someone's virility and the one who birthed them. :v:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

THE MACHO MAN posted:

it's stupid but I would love to have that and your player's face synch up with when you talk like lots of other games do. I want to see Ewic woo when he wins a fight. I want to see him drunkenly talk lots of poo poo to the opponents.

except use the mouth-sync system from GTA:O where it doesn't even remotely match up and just looks like you're going "AYYYAAAAAAAAYYYAAAAAAAUGHOOOOOOOOOOOOOWEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOH" while you're shuffling off the penalty box.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Named United after the airlines? And they want a shitload of money for something small and stupid?

Why I neeeevaaah

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Well... Huh. That didn't look terrible terrible. It's not that same shuffling puck-glued-to-stick-while-carrying animation FINALLY

Something something cautiously optimistic

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jul 4, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Huh... I think Rammer / EA is just trolling us or trying to piss us off at this point:

http://www.operationsports.com/news/846926/nhl-16-mascot-screenshots-mick-e-moose-jets-youppi-canadiens/

ed: I forget, did we cover this already?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Heh it's just the NHL 13 trailer reskinned.

"Hey guys, we [SKATING TWEAKS DOG WHISTLE BUZZWORDS] and new to NHL 16 we modeled the ice like ice."

Even the guy doing the VO sounds bored as gently caress.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

T-Bone posted:

the AI stutter step is still there lol

Yep. Saw that early on, too. "Am I gonna skate backwa-ahh gently caress it no gonna go forw-WAIT nope gonna go backward" but REMEMBER guys they totally improved the AI for the players who didn't have the puck in NHL 14. Then they totally improved the AI again for the players who didn't have the puck in NHL 15.

lol they didn't do poo poo and there's videos all over youtube proving it.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

soggybagel posted:

Is it just me or is the commentary not very good either? BRING BACK GARY THORNE AND BILL CLEMENT AND YOU'VE GOT A SALE!

It just sounds like doc in an iso booth reading lines from a script and not actually watching any footage - it's lifeless as hell. Much like EA's apparent interest in keeping this franchise going.

My stance on Gary and Bill goes way back. SOMETHING SOMETHING CANNONADE!!! :allears:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Yeah that's where I'm at as well - stupid microtransaction bullshit should be cosmetic not pay-to-win in a sports game.

More hockey horse armor and ridiculous visors, less +6 Graf Stick of Dangle and +2 CCM Skates of Swiftness :colbert:

[$0.99USD TO ADD CUSTOM NAME TO JERSEY]
[$0.99USD TO ADD PINK TAPE TO STICK]
[$5.99USD FOR CUSTOM CROTCH THRUST CELLY]
[$9.99USD TO DISRESPECT "THE GAME"]

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jul 17, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

Honestly, if they went full batshit crazy with the cosmetic items they would make more money than they did off point packs and poo poo. We all know every bro and broceph out there would pay 99 cents for a pink helmet or tuxedo jersey.

So.... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooo many douchebros™ in MN and WI would trip over their own wallets trying to throw money at EA if they could get some "sick flow" leaking out under their hockey helmet or on their Be A Pro character.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
Oh maaaaaaaan where can I buy NHL 13 for dirt cheap for the demhahahahahahahahah gently caress that gently caress EA there are probably people who are actually going to do that.

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
If any of you pay one red cent for nhl 15 just for the beta then the terrorists have already won. :colbert:

Kudos to EA for finding a way to get complete dumbasses to buy their piece of poo poo stripped down old version just a couple of months before the new one. :golfclap:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
...you loving people. :ughh:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Jovial Cow posted:

Visually speaking the game is looking pretty good in that new trailer.

Haven't watched it yet but was there slow-mo? Maybe some fall out boy or dramatic canned orchestral music? Interspersed with a few excited game quotes from doc?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Soft Shell Crab posted:

Here is also a 30min video about a guy opening hut packs and ranting about nhl 15 and ea which I found pretty encompassing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjfM_HcRZqg

Hah I had a feeling it was gonna be this guy. I posted him either here or the 15 thread a few months back showing the ratings literally made zero (0) difference in HUT :3:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
That, plus everybody and their brother seeing past the "NEW TO NHL 16: ALL THE poo poo WE TOOK OUT LAST GEN!" marketing gimmick.

But yeah p much HUT

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Doctor Butts posted:

HUTsucker proxy

Could be a good team name. :3:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
lol that goal at 1:34

e: I CHOOSE TO BELIEVE

Duke Chin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 29, 2015

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Metapod posted:

I've never played these games should that change?

Get NHL 12 for real cheap. Lil more arcade'y than 13-14 but I found it more fun. :v:

I dunno man - do you like hockey? do you like EA sports games? I mean, I treat poo poo talking this game series as more of my national pasttime than actually playing it and I'm sorta ˝ semi thinking about MAYBE possibly giving this iteration a shot but I doubt it uggggggggggggggggggggggggggggh loving EA :argh:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

prom candy posted:

It's an okay game, if you like hockey you'll like it it doesn't matter because it is literally the only game.

:sigh:

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -
On a scale of 1-to-SBA how hype are you right now pleads? For reals.

For really reals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

- FUCK THE HABS -

Pleads posted:

1. This is a trash game in a trash series from a trash developer until they prove otherwise. Mahalo.

A non-zero hype quotient therefore Pleads = hype

• Locked thread