Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

prom candy posted:

The games aren't going to get any better, just roll over and accept it. If there was some kind of mass boycott they'd just can the series or devote even fewer resources to it (if that's possible).

To be honest, I think this is the best option because its clear having only one company monopolize the sport isnt ever going to work so if EA walking away leads to multiple other developers stepping in, we all win (and EA loses which is just an added bonus).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

OK which one of those guys is Bradf0rd?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

soggybagel posted:

3 on 3 OT won't be in the game. Might get added later.

I'm no programmer but how hard could that be?

I just assume EA has been copy/pasting code from older games so their code now looks like spaghetti in a blender making even the simplest of changes require tons of effort.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Are they selling an NHL16 PS4 bundle this year? Theyve done it other years and since I need to get a PS4 for other games coming out this and next month anyway, figured I could kill 2 birds with one stone.

Hockey.

http://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2015/9/13/9318823/the-triple-low-five-is-back-in-nhl-16 :toot:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm going to spend $450 on this game+console just so I can play EASHL with goons

:shepspends:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why did I have a 2.4gb download before I could even start?

Also, how does one play with the PS4 goons?

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I like this one more than 14 even though I cant skip to next shift for some reason. Makes BAP games take longer than they should. :argh:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Fingers McGee posted:

Black guys with blonde beards. Check
Racist names. Check
Dmen playing forward. Check
Human controlled goalies unable to stop a beach ball. Check

EASHL drop in is back!

The number of times I heard "And its a 2 on 1!" because the other defender was crashing the net leaving me to try and defend everything is already irritating.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

THE MACHO MAN posted:

You play with Bradf0rd too??

I dont play with any goons yet. My old PS3 era NHL friends list consists of rutkowski and some other goon that hasnt logged on in a year. :saddowns:

I am happy with my purchase even if Im still terrible, so whatever. Wasnt thrilled about needing PS+ to play online though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Well that explains why I feel like Im struggling to keep up when playing my Sniper or DFD. :saddowns:

If you guys start another (third?) EASHL team because the others are full hook me up, Im normally available late nights EST. PSN:furnaceface

Also, I tried to sim a whole CHL season for a BAP yesterday with the sim penalty turned off... and failed to make the draft because sim experience is still penalized to hell and back. The old fashioned sim 2 periods play the third still works though.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

"You aren't impressing us out there. We're moving you down to the third line. We'll need 6000xp out of you this game."

Also, stop asking for my sniper to body check people, then take away points when I harmlessly bounce off people.

Seriously this is annoying and Im glad I wasnt the only one to notice it. I made a 5'7" 165lb sniper for the dangles and the goals, not to murder people, so stop halting my experience gains because I hit with less force than a pillow. :argh:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Toast posted:

I still have yet to trigger this... Also it's ridiculous that stick lift doesn't get triggered when you pull off a perfect one that sends the puck sailing by for a breakaway for your linemate :p Oh I'm so sorry I didn't pick up the puck myself, it must have been a garbage play.

All of the defensive ones fail to trigger outside of super strict restrictions. Ive done the "Pin them to the boards" and stick lift play a hundred times and coach is still telling me Im a failure for not doing them. Im convinced the coach AI is based off Michel Therrien.

I missed most of the games last night because I went out back to BBQ but came back just in time for one last game with some of you guys. Sorry for blowing it in OT, I dont even know what the gently caress I got a penalty for but it cost us the game. :smith:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

You still get penalized if you sim despite what that option says. All it does it remove negative experience gains. Also while you can still sim 2 periods and play the third, it really puts you at a disadvantage because Im pretty sure the negative experience toggle only applies after the game ends. So if you sim 2 periods and your guy plays like poo poo then you jump in be prepared to be dragged down by those D- ratings you started off at and coach telling you youre now on the third line because you just arent playing well. :downs:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

I spent my whole evening dowloading a patch instead of crushing cycling the puck around mans. Thank gently caress I at least have tomorrow off for hockey, so all you goons I friended better be ready to play.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

How bad is your Internet?

Its Rogers. So it rangers between bad and hot garbage.

Bradf0rd posted:

Always put the PS4 in rest mode. :manning:

I skipped the PS4 tutorial and never read the manual so I only discovered this amazing feature as I was shutting it down last night. :downs:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Hockles posted:

Confirmed. Game is unbroken.

This would have been much nicer last night when I was trying to make the cut to make the big team and instead took 14 minute sin tripping penalties. :argh:

Also Hockles teach me how to make a custom roster. I want to run a quick and dirty sim of our re-draft we did over the summer to see who made the worst team (it was MACHO MAN).

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

chocolateTHUNDER posted:

On second thought, maybe I don't wanna join one of your goon EASHL teams

fwiw, I had a great time playing with the not-try-hard group back in NHL14. Sure we only had like a 50% win rate but a lot of that was because we were trying to embarrass the other team by doing goofy poo poo like the flying v and having it backfire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

flakeloaf posted:

I love the guy without the puck skating through the crease behind me and getting stuck.

This happens so much its scary. I also like how they go into board play position with no one near them. And just sit there until they lose the puck.

• Locked thread