Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

inSTAALed posted:

the game is an outstanding simulation

of how not to play hockey irl

tell that to to the kids at drop-in hockey. deke, deke, don't pass, deke, deke, don't line change.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
NHL 15 is on EA access so you can play it for like $5/mo if you want. FIFA's on there too.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I don't know enough about soccer to know if it's poo poo. I'm having fun with it.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
This actually sounds awesome if true.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

soggybagel posted:

The more things change the more they are the same.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd7mHPs7mgs

It's kind of surprising how little graphics have improved in nine years.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Xbox One has pretty abysmal music support compared to 360, unless I just can't find it. I honestly have no idea how to listen to music while I play games on it.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I was gonna get PS4 but it doesn't have 5ghz wifi support and 2.4ghz is unusable in my house. I also really hate Sony controllers. Neither console really seems that good, but I gotta have dat NHL.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
This could have been the trailer for any NHL game in the past 5 years.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Did you guys know there's no rematch button when you're playing a friend online in 15? Seriously what the gently caress.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Time spent playing and chatting with friends and enjoying yourself is time not spent buying packs for HUT.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

soggybagel posted:

Guys. Don't buy the loving game. I am now on year 5 of NHL boycott. It hurts but it is what it is.

The games aren't going to get any better, just roll over and accept it. If there was some kind of mass boycott they'd just can the series or devote even fewer resources to it (if that's possible).

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I don't take a hard stance on many things but pay-to-win is one of them. I won't drop a cent on any game that gives you even a slight in-game advantage but I'll blow ridiculous cash for pointless cosmetics in games that have no pay-to-win elements. I'm gonna be buying some stupid virtual hockey poo poo this year if that's how it shakes out.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
This actually has a chance at being really cool. I always thought of EASHL as a microtransaction and grinding simulator before, but now I may actually play it.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
It's an okay game, if you like hockey you'll like it. If you have Xbox One it's on EA Access Vault I think.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I'm out of town and can't try the beta, are the menus super sluggish again?

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
BUT HOW ARE THE MENUS

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Remember Stanley Cup Hockey on SNES? That game was a poo poo show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Are any of you guys playing Rocket League? I know it's not the same as hockey but it scratches a pretty similar itch. I can't seem to put it down.

• Locked thread