Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Monkey Fracas posted:

Did someone already post Army vs Navy vs Air Force vs Marines

no because those are not professions

a doctor in the navy is of the same profession as a doctor in the air force, conversely a lawyer in the army is not of the same profession as a mechanic in the army

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairmanMeow
Mar 1, 2008

Fire up the grill everyone eats tonight!
Lipstick Apathy
you can be career navy though

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

killmeimmafailure posted:

Oh gently caress bar tenders. I work my rear end off and you tip yourself out like half of all the tips for the night? Got dam

In most restaurants bartenders have twice the work you do rear end wipe. Not only do we have to make all the waitstaff's drinks we also have our own bar that we are expected to wait on.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Smiling Mandrill posted:

In most restaurants bartenders have twice the work you do rear end wipe. Not only do we have to make all the waitstaff's drinks we also have our own bar that we are expected to wait on.

Youre not very smart are you? It's ok, those drinks arent gonna make themselves someone has to tend bar bless your heart

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

child protective services workers and parents

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

ArmZ posted:

this is all true but doctors are far worse and kill many more people with unnecessary care and negligence aimed at maximizing profit. also most doctors are dumb as hell when talking about anything other than medicine because their education is so narrow

Good thing their job is medicine I guess

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
EMTs hate cabbies.

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp

ArmZ posted:

this is all true but doctors are far worse and kill many more people with unnecessary care and negligence aimed at maximizing profit. also most doctors are dumb as hell when talking about anything other than medicine because their education is so narrow

no actually nurses kill way more people dude. like its a well studied fact. You sound as salty about doctors as i am about nurses thats interesting. Most of my interactions with them have been fairly positive, do you not like the attitude?

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
dogs and cats often do not get along professionally is what i learned from the homeward bound dvd commentary

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004

ArmZ posted:

if you're a doctor and you actually touch the patient you're doing it wrong - unless they also happen to be your caddy then a firm slap on the rump while cleaning your balls between holes is acceptable

since the nurses carry out all those unnecessary orders guess you're goose stepping your way to hell with em

wanna be my caddy?

Smiling Mandrill
Jan 19, 2015

thathonkey posted:

Youre not very smart are you? It's ok, those drinks arent gonna make themselves someone has to tend bar bless your heart

Just shut up and give me your money bitch.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

bloodsacrifice posted:

no actually nurses kill way more people dude. like its a well studied fact. You sound as salty about doctors as i am about nurses thats interesting. Most of my interactions with them have been fairly positive, do you not like the attitude?

lol wrong

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

porkchop_express posted:

if you're a doctor and you actually touch the patient you're doing it wrong - unless they also happen to be your caddy then a firm slap on the rump while cleaning your balls between holes is acceptable

since the nurses carry out all those unnecessary orders guess you're goose stepping your way to hell with em

wanna be my caddy?

also wrong

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
About 55% of nurses:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4u_Hyw80Yqo

bloodsacrifice
Apr 21, 2015

by Ralp
my mom called me freaking out because her nurse friend told her there was no way to tell the difference between an infection or leukemia from a blood test when my uncle was sic. I told her I could find out in <2 minutes. nurses are retarded

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
About 15% of nurses are smart and good at their jobs. Maybe another 25% on top of that are good at their jobs but not smart. The rest are the rest.

About 30% of doctors are smart and good at their jobs. Maybe another 25% on top of that are smart but not good at their jobs. The rest are the rest.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Sheep-Goats posted:

About 15% of nurses are smart and good at their jobs. Maybe another 25% on top of that are good at their jobs but not smart. The rest are the rest.

About 30% of doctors are smart and good at their jobs. Maybe another 25% on top of that are smart but not good at their jobs. The rest are the rest.

The very best part? Which is which will come out depending entirely on how nice and co-operative you can be while in physical/mental/emotional agony, and whether or not what you're suffering from is anywhere near their wheelhouse of skill and expertise. This is why people following Dr. Oz's advice on nutrition as a surgeon loving baffles me. Yeah he definitely knows a lot more than your everyday jerkoff, but it's not what he's a true expert in.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I have no idea how it's legal for Dr. Oz to get on TV and sling pure bullshit to morons

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

mind the walrus posted:

The very best part? Which is which will come out depending entirely on how nice and co-operative you can be while in physical/mental/emotional agony, and whether or not what you're suffering from is anywhere near their wheelhouse of skill and expertise.

Almost all of medicine is "If A then B" -- cases where you need to be near their "wheelhouse of expertise" are pretty rare and draw a lot more attention than their overall effect on a population bears out. A decent GP could handle the vast, vast majority of people walking into a hospital and whatever it is that brought them in there. And it's not so much that you be nice and co-operative when under stress, but that you make an effort to do so. Some people turn into loving children because they think they're suffering the calamity of their life and all around them in the hospital there are people who have it ten times worse. If someone tries to buck up, fails to, and then gets huffed at by a provider that's on the provider but there are a ton of really awful patients out there too. For most providers seeing the patient try to be a human being is enough to go above and beyond, less than that and only huge carebears or the brand spanking new really have the ability to issue out genuine compassion to everyone that walks in the door.

raton fucked around with this message at 17:20 on May 22, 2015

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

Kudaros posted:

Came here to post this. I have identified as all three at various points in my career with my root in physics. The result? Suicidal depression. QED

I've been physics (degrees) x engineer (job) x planetary science (learned on job) x SW architecture (hobby). People tend to get along really well from my experience. Some folks don't believe my work in one of the above but when I find an in-field person to back me it goes over well typically.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
all doctors are worthless cunts. whats a doctor ever done for me? nothing imo

• Locked thread