Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

duyarvish posted:

Lost in all of this is that Neville basically got the Mighty Mouse gimmick without the actual name and it's not the burial people cried it was

are there any straight up "gimmicks" the internet hears about and goes "THAT'S GONNA BE loving DOPE"? not to say everyone on the internet is an idiot (they still are) it's just that everyone has lost all hope in gimmicks because usually the wwe handles them like poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Golashes posted:

are there any straight up "gimmicks" the internet hears about and goes "THAT'S GONNA BE loving DOPE"? not to say everyone on the internet is an idiot (they still are) it's just that everyone has lost all hope in gimmicks because usually the wwe handles them like poo poo.

gay unmasked hairdresser Kalisto

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Bard Maddox posted:

gay unmasked hairdresser Kalisto

Unironically want this.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

NickRoweFillea posted:

rewatched and commentary really put owens over as a Big Deal Bad Guy, that was cool

Maybe this heel will be the one to destroy Cena.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015

Golashes posted:

does "their character on the indies" count as a gimmick? Because that's the only way they will approve

Golashes
Aug 8, 2006

team starslay3r!!!!!!

duyarvish posted:

does "their character on the indies" count as a gimmick? Because that's the only way they will approve

i don't follow the indies very well, are there people that signed with the WWE that were game changers that ended up being jobbers because of a lovely gimmick switch?

i totally just opened the flood gates, happy to open this thread for another 45 new posts of youtubes, you're all welcome

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Luigi Thirty posted:

Maybe this heel will be the one to destroy Cena.

I'm absolutely certain this post was made at least 8 years ago

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I'm tracking down Raw for the Steen segment, because holy poo poo that sounds awesome. I wonder with them doing this on a special event with at east some build means that they might actually put him over. I like many have said from the beginning that the US Open Challenge gimmick would be a fanastic way to push a debuting talent but I doubted that they'd actually do it.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

KungFu Grip posted:

Anyway even though Stephanie remembers that feud and the Bella Twins don't Steph makes the choice of giving Brie time off to be with her husband again

I like the concept that Bella Twins have the memory of goldfish or like small birds, and the real reason they stopped feuding is because one day they woke up and both just forgot about three months' worth of time

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Someone photoshop a MegaCity One street judge helmet on this man, immediately.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

you guys. Kevin 'KO' Owens is making his PPV debut against John 'John Cena' Cena. At a show headlined by the Dean Ambrose Title Shot and featuring Cesaro vs Kalisto in an Elimination Chamber match. you guys what happen

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

projecthalaxy posted:

you guys. Kevin 'KO' Owens is making his PPV debut against John 'John Cena' Cena. At a show headlined by the Dean Ambrose Title Shot and featuring Cesaro vs Kalisto in an Elimination Chamber match. you guys what happen

they needed to sell tickets for a house show and then they realized its on the network only so booking doesn't matter.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Megadad.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Titus O'Neil

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
HAPPY MAY 19TH EVERYONE!!!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I'm still quite bummed about Bryan's phsyical condition, but I admit I'm greatly looking forward to Brock's inevitable return for Summerslam. He's been amazing for about a year, and I would love for him to come back, face Rollins in a no-dq match, and just shrug off constant interference and weapons like the monster he is.

In the meantime, anything involving Sami, Owens, and two men in a pod should be some fun to tide me over.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

KungFu Grip posted:

HAPPY MAY 19TH EVERYONE!!!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

does that license plate say "live free or die"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

KungFu Grip posted:

State motto of New Hampshire; always has been.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I think they've done as good as they could with Neville. He's being made out to look like a big deal. Having a feud with Bo will be good too as they have solid chemistry.

The Owens stuff was cool but I hope they aren't just feeding him to Cena like the others. The "new guy who takes Cena to the limit and earns respect" is getting kind of old. I guess the best result would be Owens being DQ's and putting a post-match beatdown on Cena.

Still don't understand what they are doing with Rusev and Lana. They worked so well together and the act was better when Lana was some hardened manager and Rusev followed her orders. I feel like they could have easily gotten another year out of that act without it losing it's freshness.

only temporary
Sep 3, 2006

Niwrad posted:

Still don't understand what they are doing with Rusev and Lana. They worked so well together and the act was better when Lana was some hardened manager and Rusev followed her orders. I feel like they could have easily gotten another year out of that act without it losing it's freshness.

All I can hope is that they're trying to humanize Rusev and have him try to win Lana back after realizing he made a huge mistake. I don't know how likely this is, though.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Thauros posted:

I'm tracking down Raw for the Steen segment, because holy poo poo that sounds awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBiGXrDCKw4

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Fsmhunk posted:

No offence dude, but you come across like a total nutcase.

Been called worse.

Chris James 2 posted:

He's gonna quote this with a smileyface because everything's cool friend

Also this unironicallly :)

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

only temporary posted:

All I can hope is that they're trying to humanize Rusev and have him try to win Lana back after realizing he made a huge mistake. I don't know how likely this is, though.

But you can do that 6 months to a year from now when his current gimmick gets stale. I guess my point is that WWE seems to rush things and when they are done it leaves nothing for them after. Same gripe I had with them splitting up the Wyatt Family. It was a great gimmick that was over with the crowd and you split them all up and have them become lovely midcarders no one cares about.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

KungFu Grip posted:

we don't gently caress around

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Seriously though, sorry for taking a bit of a victory lap when WWE constantly makes me look like an idiot and the majority of this forum (perhaps rightfully) gives me poo poo for hoping for the best. But this time I was 100% right. And it was about Ambrose, even better. I will apologize for being a bit obnoxious and melodramatic about it, but I won't apologize for how good it feels to be right in my convictions for a change.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Niwrad posted:

What they are doing is snuffing out the embers of his heat so that he can now be a proper WWE Midcarder who floats around and trades wins back and forth with other WWE Midcarders in pointless and dull three-month feuds.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Golashes posted:

Honestly I thought putting a mask on Tyson was a good idea but he really turned his character work around in NXT so it's fine

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I am just sad that Luke Harper and Eric Rowan wont be squeezed into a single pod. But for real gonna be disappointed if the match would be single elimination.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Why did they schedule another tag title match on Raw? It sort of kills the importance of PPVs when they do stuff like that.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I love the running joke of never letting Joey Mercury talk. It's been going on for months now. I wonder if it's just that he's a terrible talker or they decided this in a writers' room at some point.

Also, yay my avatar is legitimized again. :neckbeard:

Thauros posted:

I wonder if they're actually calling up Steen or if this is just a short thing before he goes back to NXT.

Seems to me like they're banking on NXT's Network popularity getting them renewals in every way they can beyond Payback and Takeover.

Those who sub just for NXT (but run out anytime between Takeover and EC) might be tempted by two EC matches even if they're not big on main roster content, but Owens going after Cena is a BIG incentive to stick around or resub (and then they get MITB too). It's a smart move because NXT is very high in viewership on the Network and they know it.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Seriously though, sorry for taking a bit of a victory lap when WWE constantly makes me look like an idiot and the majority of this forum (perhaps rightfully) gives me poo poo for hoping for the best. But this time I was 100% right. And it was about Ambrose, even better. I will apologize for being a bit obnoxious and melodramatic about it, but I won't apologize for how good it feels to be right in my convictions for a change.
You're my favourite PSP poster and I'm glad you've been vindicated wrt Ambrose. Looking forward to him winning the MitB next month and stalking Rollins over the summer :)

Action Shakespeare
Mar 25, 2010

TIME magazine's Person of the Year 1996
kevin owns

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

John Cena will be in the front row for the NTX special.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

St Evan Echoes posted:

You're my favourite PSP poster and I'm glad you've been vindicated wrt Ambrose. Looking forward to him winning the MitB next month and stalking Rollins over the summer :)

The world definitely needs more "A hidden Ambrose pops out of (x) and viciously attacks Rollins" backstage vignettes.

Dude needs to pop out of a fridge next, or the spinning drum of a cement truck.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd just be happy with him popping out of more boxes.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

You know what the best part about this Ambrose situation is? It's a good STORY. Seth and Dean's characters are so well defined with their own little quirks that everything about it made sense, including J+J causing that loss to Bray which in turn earned Bray legitimate heat. Even beating Daniel Bryan clean and never giving the win back couldn't do that. And since the loss was caused by double interference orchestrated by the evil scheming mastermind heel against a guy who just won a major PPV match, Dean doesn't even look bad despite eating a pin right before his title match. Of course it helps that he went out there and beat the poo poo out of the entire authority while looking like Batman on Cocaine.

This is one of those mythical "everybody got over," scenarios and it owns. Please god don't let them gently caress this up AGAIN.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Anime Curator posted:

John Cena will be in the front row for the NTX special.

Excellent.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Golashes posted:

i don't follow the indies very well, are there people that signed with the WWE that were game changers that ended up being jobbers because of a lovely gimmick switch?

i totally just opened the flood gates, happy to open this thread for another 45 new posts of youtubes, you're all welcome

People still whine over Colt Cabana/jobber Scotty Goldman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you
Two things

1: John Cena segments have been so much more entertaining since he has been putting the US title over. He has legitimately in my mind been putting over some of the better NXT wrestlers and if it continues like this I don't mind if we keep getting "LoL cena winz" every week.

The Kevin Owens segment this week shows how cool this is as they didnt even need to fight both dudes looked strong and it left you wondering what would happen if they did fight. I'm really starting to like Owens also what do the crowd chant is it "Fight or flight?"

2. Lana seriously don't get brazzered by Dolph we all know thats the type of dude he is. Rusef may be a horrible prick on the outside but he's a gentle man on the inside :ohdear:

• Locked thread