Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Dimebags Brain posted:

He also knows "catch opponent and toss him across the ring like a ragdoll" and whatever Clash of the Titus is (I think it's a powerbomb?).

He also knows "OORA OORA OORA!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Luigi Thirty posted:

He's a real big guy. He could pull off a good squisher IMO.

But not the hair flip.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
Titus knows Dog Bark which lowers his opponent's speed

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

he does more moves than dusty rhodes and all you need is charisma baby

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i just read that they officially made tensai head coach of nxt and some broad named sara is now the assistant head coach

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

St Evan Echoes posted:

You're my favourite PSP poster and I'm glad you've been vindicated wrt Ambrose. Looking forward to him winning the MitB next month and stalking Rollins over the summer :)

D'aww buddy. :) Thanks.

I want Sami to win the title but am petrified that a title-less Owens means he'll actually beat Cena then proceed to get Rusev'd. :ohdear:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I want Sami to win the title but am petrified that a title-less Owens means he'll actually beat Cena then proceed to get Rusev'd. :ohdear:

Getting drafted into the Authority and murdering Kane in the process is best option.

Losing to Cena after Sami distracts him and going back to that feud is the second best.

Anything longer with Cena and Owens' career is over before it starts.

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Raw ruled, I had seriously conflicted feelings when KO came out and killed Cena as I love KO in NXT but really enjoy John Cena's open challenge...

I will still never wear a Cena shirt.

Hopefully WWE will keep the quality up as its really encouraging me to get the cash together to go to Mania next year.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

As stupid as shows like TNA Lockdown are, I do kinda want Cena/Owens to be in the Chamber, just because it gives Owens more spots to brutalize Cena en route to a KO victory.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Chokes McGee posted:

Getting drafted into the Authority and murdering Kane in the process is best option.

Losing to Cena after Sami distracts him and going back to that feud is the second best.

How about if Cena pins or taps him?

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

if people are liking nxt more than his creation Monday Night Raw Vince will show all you fans and have him tap to cena in 5 minutes

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Chokes McGee posted:

Oh my God I didn't even think of option #1, that'd be great.

What confuses me is Kevin is SUCH a good heartless rear end in a top hat but I'd imagine he's a really good guy out of character, considering he and Sami "Nicest Guy Ever" Zayn are best bros. It constantly amazes me. Also just watched the full Owens/Cena segment on Hulu and it was great. So great. I love Owens but also wanted to see him actually fight Cena. Midcard Cena putting over midcard guys and up and comers is SO clearly best Cena, I hope it never ends.

Mercury Crusader
Apr 20, 2005

You know they say that all demons are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Pyro Jack and you can see that statement is not true, hee-ho!

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

if people are liking nxt more than his creation Monday Night Raw Vince will show all you fans and have him tap to cena in 5 minutes

Can't wait for the WWE documentary where Vince talks about how NXT threatened to throw the McMahon family out in the street and maybe rant about Ted Turner for no reason.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mercury Crusader posted:

Can't wait for the WWE documentary where Vince talks about how NXT threatened to throw the McMahon family out in the street and maybe rant about Ted Turner for no reason.

"I'm not in the 'indie wrestling' business, Hunter. I'm in the sports entertainment business."

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Benne posted:

Did they ever explain why Bray Wyatt isn't in the EC match when the guy he beat clean at Payback is?

His losses don't matter, why should his wins.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

Davros1 posted:

Nightmare scenario: The US Title match at EC becomes title vs title, and Cena becomes the NXT Champion.

And then loses them to Baron Corbin.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

If Cena does go to NXT, I want him to wrestle Rhyno, and for Rhyno to play clips of 2003 Cena getting Gored all over the place.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

cena would just break a giant flower pot over rhynos head

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE hired Adam Pearce. Coach and producer fulltime. He was in Orlando meetings today.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

He also knows "OORA OORA OORA!"

titus being a stand user explains a lot

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

or is he the stand

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

who would be his user? darren young would be too obvious and he most likely is a long range one

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

unless....the referee is the user????

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

all i know is he's rank f in all categories

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

neeeeeeerds

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

HulkaMatt posted:

or is he the stand

Pancake Patterson is the stand, but Titus is also Darren's Persona.

This rabbit hole runs deep

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

WWE hired Adam Pearce. Coach and producer fulltime. He was in Orlando meetings today.

Good for him! I always liked him.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

lmao

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

schweens posted:

Put this on top of every page:

It's pretty staggering when you consider that Owens is going to have a PPV match with John Cena less than six months after he debuted on NXT. Even with Cena outside the main event for a change, that's remarkable.

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Oh my God I didn't even think of option #1, that'd be great.

What confuses me is Kevin is SUCH a good heartless rear end in a top hat but I'd imagine he's a really good guy out of character, considering he and Sami "Nicest Guy Ever" Zayn are best bros. It constantly amazes me. Also just watched the full Owens/Cena segment on Hulu and it was great. So great. I love Owens but also wanted to see him actually fight Cena. Midcard Cena putting over midcard guys and up and comers is SO clearly best Cena, I hope it never ends.

The old adage is that the best gimmicks are just wrestlers' real personalities dialed to 11, but some guys are just great at putting on a character. Adam Cole plays a smug prick fantastically, but is reportedly the nicest dude in the world once the cameras are off.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Grozz Nuy posted:

The old adage is that the best gimmicks are just wrestlers' real personalities dialed to 11, but some guys are just great at putting on a character. Adam Cole plays a smug prick fantastically, but is reportedly the nicest dude in the world once the cameras are off.

Yeah, I think this is why KO's gimmick connects so well even though he's a heel. If he wasn't wrestling I could easily see him working on the docks or something, being a prick to everyone but he does his job so well and genuinely loves his kids that there's a begrudging respect for him.

Not that I think KO should turn face anytime soon, but if they decide to do that down the line there's a lot to work with, because he gives off this legit "blue collar" vibe that's very, very rare in pro wrestling.

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Yeah I feel like Owens winning the developmental title in 2 months and facing goddamn John Cena in a PPV match in 6 months shows that HHH probably holds Owens in the highest esteem of all the NXT talent. Probably over Balor even.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

In an era where it's hard to get the fans to boo you while still being entertaining, Owens stands out above most of the roster. It makes perfect sense that they'd be testing him out to be a Big loving Deal in the near future, but it's surprising to see them make a sensible decision like that.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

St Evan Echoes posted:

In an era where it's hard to get the fans to boo you while still being entertaining, Owens stands out above most of the roster. It makes perfect sense that they'd be testing him out to be a Big loving Deal in the near future, but it's surprising to see them make a sensible decision like that.

Yes. His NXT booking has been brilliant so far because he showed up and the fans were begging him to cheer him like every other indie darling, and then he murders Sami and laughs over his corpse while the crowd boos. It's the perfect way to get a monster heel over in front of a smark crowd.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I almost forgot my favorite commentary moment, Booker T saying Barret's music is not very kingly and emphasizing "I HATE that music :mad:"

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

What is this whole May 19th Kane thing?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Frankston posted:

What is this whole May 19th Kane thing?

WWE made a slasher horror movie called "See No Evil" that starred Kane as the bad guy and was coming out on May 19th, so to promote the movie they ran an angle where May 19th was some day that made him go psycho for some reason if you even mentioned it.

It was pretty bad but also so bad that it was funny and entertaining.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

IcePhoenix posted:

WWE made a slasher horror movie called "See No Evil" that starred Kane as the bad guy and was coming out on May 19th, so to promote the movie they ran an angle where May 19th was some day that made him go psycho for some reason if you even mentioned it.

It was pretty bad but also so bad that it was funny and entertaining.

It gave us a match where Rob Conway wore a bright yellow shirt that said May 19th while getting squashed by Kane, so it was all worthwhile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Apparently Vince wanted to make it a point in the movie that Kane had a three foot penis

• Locked thread