Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Would you join a school of wizardry?
HELL YES!
I'm gay
I already am a wizard of buttes
Suck my magical dong
View Results

• Locked thread
Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
A real life school for apprentice wizards? In California?!?! California owns
http://www.greyschool.com/

Meet Silverthorn. A Field Warden of the Grey Council.

Silverthorn is a graduate of East Carolina University with a BA in English Literature. He focused his studies on folklore, science fiction/fantasy, Shakespeare, and early English literature. In the last few years, he has been teaching himself web design and programming. He joined the Wardens of the Grey Council as a Field Warden in November 2013. He currently resides in Greensboro, NC.

Fascinated by the mysterious and arcane from a young age, Silverthorn began walking a wizardly path in 1998. Without a formal teacher, he sought out arcane knowledge where he could find it, gaining particular skill in energy work, tarot, mythology, and Fae lore.

In mundane life, Silverthorn works in customer service for an information technology company. His hobbies include reading (obviously!), computer and tabletop gaming, writing very short stories that will probably never become the larger stories he wants them to be, and tormenting his young apprentice with that most dreaded of questions: “Why?”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Meet the dean of wizardry, Solaris Kirby!

Solaris walks a balanced path between dark and light. She serves her community as a Healer, Instructor, Mentor, Priestess, Magician, Mediator, Counselor, Historian, Animal Activist, Humanitarian, Elder, and Leader. She has been a practitioner of the magickal arts all her life. A practitioner of Dragon Magick, Solaris has multiple magickal talents and experience in several areas of magick including healing, divination, beast mastery, wizardry, magickal practice, lore, mind magicks, and dark arts. She has studied martial arts and lives by a strict moral code. She contributed to the Companion for the Apprentice Wizard (2006) and A Wizard’s Bestiary: A Menagerie of Myth, Magic, and Mystery (2007). She is on the board of the Morning Glory Zell Memorial Foundation, and the Media Liaison for the Grey School of Wizardry. Solaris is the Dean of the Departments of Wizardry and Magickal Practice at the Grey School of Wizardry, and currently serves as a Second Degree Clergy member and mentor of the Correllian Nativist Church. She performs workshops and conducts lectures on several magickal topics.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Don't gently caress with Oberon Zell-Ravenheart, the Headmaster!

Headmaster Ravenheart is an Elder in the worldwide Magickal Community and an initiate in several Traditions, with involvement in many interfaith projects. In 1962, he co-founded a Pagan church with a futuristic vision, and over 30 years (1968-2000) he published a leading journal of the Pagan movement. He is a thealogian and ritualist, creating and conducting rites of passage, seasonal celebrations, Mystery initiations, Earth-healings, and other large rituals. He sculpts altar statues of Gods and Goddesses, has celebrated Solar eclipses at ancient stone circles, raised Unicorns, and swum with Mermaids. He lives in NorCalifia, and is lifemate to Morning Glory. https://www.mythicimages.com

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

why are these people always fat

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

BeefThief posted:

Mana is super high in calories.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

BeefThief posted:

curse of corpulous

no known cure

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Professor Apollonius is noble and wise.

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Is this an actual job? Are there people who get paid to pretend to be wizard teachers outside of a movie set?

Blurry Gray Thing
Jun 3, 2009

BeefThief posted:

Their bullshit is lifted right from Butcher (Grey Council, warden, that guy's loving coat) but their practice is very Pratchett (wizard = fat person in a gaudy robe)

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Professor Inaba Kaen is a chaos magician who uses her spirit to fan the flames of fun!

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

lordoftheT posted:

Is this an actual job? Are there people who get paid to pretend to be wizard teachers outside of a movie set?

They have a grimoire and everything. poo poo must be real. The tuition is very modest as well! For less than a hundred dollars a year, you can send your child to a school that will result in a degree worth more than one from the University of Phoenix!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

i dont understand anything any more

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

how can you have a dean and a headmaster? aren't those the same thing?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

sorry if i'm being ignorant, i am a gorilla and cannot comprehend magic, mostly because i am a rational atheist

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
so many comedy options which do i pick

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

BeefThief posted:

i dont understand anything any more

you should join the Grey School of Wizardry so you can gain a new understanding of the world!

meet Dean of Divination Roue. she is also skilled in the use of Photoshop

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

look at this guys gear. he wields the staff of diabetes, kohl's magical robe of perpetual desperation, and a birth control pendant

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Lufiron posted:

look at this guys gear. he wields the staff of diabetes, kohl's magical robe of perpetual desperation, and a birth control pendant

stop gear shaming real wizards

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

ah yes the white witch. rumor has it she can summon a turd from the butt of her chin.

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!

Lufiron posted:

Bet you wont be laughing when he casts some sort of magical spell on you.

son gay. so what
Mar 13, 2011
I am a graduate of this fine institution and anymore Ill words towards it and I will put a hex on you!!!!!

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

* Staff and Scroll (vGSW)
Credits: 3
Level: 2
Instructor: Frank "Salient" Griggs, Jr.
Class Description:
This class will p­rovide important tools to assist your developing as a Wizard, including keeping a journal, planning projects and experiments, assembling a Wizard’s tool kit, and more. It will also encourage you to think about and analyze your own personal journey along the Wizardly path in the past, present, and future.­

This class meets on the vGSW campus in Second Life for real-time learning and interaction. Assignments are primarily verbal and visual, perfect for the 'essay' challenged student. Classes are set up in four 1 hour per week sessions, with a date available for a make-up as needed. Times and Dates may vary.

**If taken for Major/Minor requirements, this class replaces the class of the same name**

Required Materials: Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard. You will also need a bag, pack, or some kind of carry-device for your “Wizard’s kit,” as well as goodies to tuck inside. You will need some way to take a­t least one photograph: a camera, cell phone, or tablet/computer camera will work. FedEx and UPS stores can also scan images into a digital file for a small price.

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005
[quote="Troll Bridgington" post=""445504879"]

[/quote]

this sorcerer has earned top marks on the sex offender registry from the school of pedophilia

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Troll Bridgington posted:

you should join the Grey School of Wizardry so you can gain a new understanding of the world!

meet Dean of Divination Roue. she is also skilled in the use of Photoshop

I'd let her manhandle me

She could crack walnuts with those

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!

This class meets on the vGSW campus in Second Life for real-time learning and interaction.

:lol:

E: I mean of course this is all done using second life.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i already listened to the f plus episode about one of their students, no need to look at these wise old farts.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Meet the dean of wizardry, Solaris Kirby!

Solaris walks a balanced path between dark and light. She serves her community as a Healer, Instructor, Mentor, Priestess, Magician, Mediator, Counselor, Historian, Animal Activist, Humanitarian, Elder, and Leader. She has been a practitioner of the magickal arts all her life. A practitioner of Dragon Magick, Solaris has multiple magickal talents and experience in several areas of magick including healing, divination, beast mastery, wizardry, magickal practice, lore, mind magicks, and dark arts. She has studied martial arts and lives by a strict moral code. She contributed to the Companion for the Apprentice Wizard (2006) and A Wizard’s Bestiary: A Menagerie of Myth, Magic, and Mystery (2007). She is on the board of the Morning Glory Zell Memorial Foundation, and the Media Liaison for the Grey School of Wizardry. Solaris is the Dean of the Departments of Wizardry and Magickal Practice at the Grey School of Wizardry, and currently serves as a Second Degree Clergy member and mentor of the Correllian Nativist Church. She performs workshops and conducts lectures on several magickal topics.

kirby casts inhale on the food

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Magickal Tools
Credits: 2
Level: 1
Instructor: Frank "Salient" Griggs, Jr.
Class Description: (See Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard, pp. 103-111.) This Class describes some of the various tools and altar implements used in magick, with instructions on how to make your own. This class requires making a Wand and Chalice (or possibly other tools with permission of the instructor) and setting up a magickal altar.
Required Materials: Grimoire for the Apprentice Wizard.
Estimated Completion Time: about one month
Prerequisites: None.
Safety Precautions: Youth students should get adult supervision for craft activities; adult students should follow basic safety precautions in craft activities.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Qumran Taj is a dean of Dark Arts. This man will gently caress your poo poo up.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

cum ran

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
THESE loving IDIOTS WOULDN'T KNOW MAGIC IF IT BIT THEM IN THE rear end!

AND IT HAS.

IT WAS STUPID MAGIC.

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

jon joe posted:

THESE loving IDIOTS WOULDN'T KNOW MAGIC IF IT BIT THEM IN THE rear end!

AND IT HAS.

IT WAS STUPID MAGIC.

ur stupid magic

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Qumran Taj is a dean of Dark Arts. This man will gently caress your poo poo up.

Is he holding an apple.

Is that why his magic is considered verboten?

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

"I have prepared a special potion for you! provides mental and spiritual clarity!"

*hands you a vial of lsd*

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

I'm sure a true wizard, such as Dr Orpheus, would like to have words with these posers

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

i'd make a "more like gay school of wizardry" joke, but no self respecting homo would be caught dead in these clothes

Lufiron
Nov 24, 2005

"A-ha! This must be what the thin ones call 'fruit'"

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
The best friend wizards, Snorgle the Arctic and Smokey the Nugulant.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

"hmm what is this round thing?"

"I'm a skull, how the gently caress should I know?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Empress Tuna the Odoriferous.

She can bend hippy stench to her will.

• Locked thread