Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
opus111
Jul 6, 2014

im in an office all day this week which is unusual and holy poo poo, the noise of people clicking mice and banging keyboards so loudly, shoving their mouths full of food and slopping and slurping all over it, the inanity of everything everybody is doing, the obvious 'wondering around looking stressed/angry/busy when its clear I've got gently caress-all to do' actions of other people, weird noises people make because being silent is apparently hard... how do you manage without killing everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

opus111 posted:

im in an office all day this week which is unusual and holy poo poo, the noise of people clicking mice and banging keyboards so loudly, shoving their mouths full of food and slopping and slurping all over it, the inanity of everything everybody is doing, the obvious 'wondering around looking stressed/angry/busy when its clear I've got gently caress-all to do' actions of other people, weird noises people make because being silent is apparently hard... how do you manage without killing everyone.

Don't you live in China?

I would like to know the answer as well.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

if i lived in china i'd have gone crazy by now.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

i fixate on how pathetic my former supervisor is, op

Giblet Plus!
Sep 14, 2004
regularly go to the gym and feel vastly superior to everyone else there

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Weird, a goon crumpling under the weight of being in a normal public setting.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Agag posted:

Do you think this website is fostering instability?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Cuz I think it's hilarious.

Drad_Bert
Jun 26, 2013

by Smythe

opus111 posted:

bombin ur fat sedentary rear end cause Obama sez so

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
Have my own office these days with my own tri monitor set up (which is pretty sweet), however back when I was in ye olde cubicle farm it was dreadful. Fat pig lady's poo poo talking everyone in the office as if we can't hear them in adjacent cubicles, people being nazi's about cleanlienss of cubicles, poo poo was hosed up. People put up with it because they have stupid bills to pay i would think

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Kuato posted:

People put up with it because they have stupid bills to pay i would think

Most of these "how do people do X" threads end up with the OP eventually bragging about how they don't have to work a normal job. So I'm waiting for that shoe to drop.

Teresa Heinz-Kirby
Jan 2, 2007

i was here first i had a reservation
Bottle of whiskey in the breakroom couch

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Goon cant cope with average everyday boring fat white persons life.

News at 11.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

psyopmonkey posted:

Goon cant cope with average everyday boring fat white persons life.

News at 11.

lol you couldn't cope with being a white male

Fansy
Feb 26, 2013

I GAVE LOWTAX COOKIE MONEY TO CHANGE YOUR STUPID AVATAR GO FUCK YOURSELF DUDE
Grimey Drawer
I think it's mean to call someone a drone, but at the same time I wish I could fly around people's windows and record when they're doing the nasty

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot
I work retail and I cope with whatever's available.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
"Heh, look at all these pathetic drones and wage slaves going about their mundane lives."

Picture a person saying this. Did you picture a successful or happy person? Me either.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Agag posted:

"Heh, look at all these pathetic drones and wage slaves going about their mundane lives."

Picture a person saying this. Did you picture a successful or happy person? Me either.

nah, they're usually pretty happy until they realize that the company they're working for is a gigantic scam

edit: or they're spoiled children born into their family's money and deserve to be first against the wall

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
dip your poo poo in the company ink

porkchop_express
May 27, 2004
think about murder all day every day. lots n lots of murder

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Work in a capitalist society is inherently toxic

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
just get hosed up enough the night before that you can sorta lie to yourself that you're sober at work and coast through till around 3, where you pound caffeine for that sweet buzz to get you to after work cocktails, repeat

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
adidas

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

opus111 posted:

I just think about the day when we are in the same office. So I can kill you.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkuZJQV4_PA

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

rabble rabble posted:

just get hosed up enough the night before that you can sorta lie to yourself that you're sober at work and coast through till around 3, hang on for the last two hours, repeat.

fixed.

oh also i shitpost on SA

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Agag posted:

Afag.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

I'm gay.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
Offices are great to work in if you're a people person.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Working in an office is gross, but also it's a job, and everyone wants one of them these days.

AND you get to sit and have air conditioning. However, you still have people telling you what to do, and usually they are getting off on being in charge. Which is fine.
Someone has to be in charge, right?

Beats working in a coal mine. On the other hand, coal miners make an actual product. Office people usually don't.
It's fine.

Dungeon Ecology
Feb 9, 2011

how do you gently caress a drone?

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Dungeon Ecology posted:

how do you gently caress a drone?

Probably wanna turn the props off first im guessing?

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

psyopmonkey posted:

Probably wanna turn the props off first im guessing?

Naw, naw. We're supposed to say "very carefully."
Get with the program!

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

I.C. posted:

Naw, naw. We're supposed to say "very carefully."
Get with the program!

Haha, yes humor.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I want to see the thread for office workers stuck with to opus111 for a week.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
OP needs a vacation lol

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

mdm posted:

OP needs a vacation lol

im handing in my notice in 2 weeks so soon i will be on a loooooooong and very frustrating vacation

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014
Being paid to do a whole lot of nothing is only soul crushing if you want to do something meaningful, and why would you wanna go and do that?

Punch Card
Sep 13, 2005

by Ralp
OH FART TITS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Agag posted:

• Locked thread