Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Nowhere, ever. Not in movies, games, books, music, photographs.
If there was a difference and 60 was better, why not play things at 100 fps? Or maybe even 1000fps? Wake up sheeple!

This post wouldn't be any better if it was in 60 fps, so I guess I just proved my point. Checkmate :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

shut up retard

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

What is fps?

I have five loving VCRs that don't work. What are you people talking about?

Number Two Stunna
Nov 8, 2009

FUCK
the difference is 30 fps actually

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Vargs posted:

shut up retard

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
i just spent a lot of money on a new graphics card so dont tell m e this poo poo

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

gently caress now im hyperventilating gently caress that was food money i spent

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

holy shot

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
your eyes can't even process more than 5-10 fps

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

You know what a good game is. Clue. That is a fun game.

They made a movie about it. That's how fun it is.

If anyone wants to come over and play Clue and explain what FPS is while I strangle myself, let me know. PM me.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
5 fps per eye that's 10 fps in total

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

A misanthrope posted:

i just spent a lot of money on a new graphics card so dont tell m e this poo poo
looks like somebody got owned by "the industry"

A misanthrope posted:

gently caress now im hyperventilating gently caress that was food money i spent

this is actually a good thing. You eating less. Because you are probably obese. Otherwise you wouldn't buy graphic cards.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I.C. posted:

If anyone wants to come over and play Clue and explain what FPS is while I strangle myself, let me know. PM me.

I own the CLUE VCR game true story.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

FIRST TIME posted:

I own the CLUE VCR game true story.

Far out! Is it fun?

GraceGarland
Jul 4, 2003
1 != .99999...

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I.C. posted:

Far out! Is it fun?

I don't know, it just mostly sits on my shelf for hipster cred. Like look at me. I own a game based off obsolete technology.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
a retards eyes cannot notice the difference between 30 and 60fps

sorry to hear about your retardation OP :)

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Moola posted:

:agreed:

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Moola posted:

What if I told you I have 2 eyes amigo?

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

beedeebee posted:

check your 2 eye having privilege

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

theres a literal difference of 1 fps you goddamn savage

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

beedeebee posted:

look at this big shot eh

wah wah wah! I have two eyes I have two eyes! King of the castle! Do this do that!

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

beedeebee posted:

this is actually a good thing. You eating less. Because you are probably obese. Otherwise you wouldn't buy graphic cards.

MOOBS!
Dec 10, 2013

i wish cops would shoot people that cant differentiate between 30 and 60 fps instead of people with dark skin

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MOOBS! posted:

i wish cops would shoot people that cant differentiate between 30 and 60 fps instead of people with dark skin

yup

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

FIRST TIME posted:

I don't know, it just mostly sits on my shelf for hipster cred. Like look at me. I own a game based off obsolete technology.

So you don't want to come over?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I wish cops would shoot adults that get upset about video games

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

I.C. posted:

So you don't want to come over?

is goon love really the best love? i've heard conflicting opinions

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Quote-Unquote posted:

I wish cops wouldn't shoot people. But your idea is close enough.

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

sorry only if they're black or a dog

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

cool numbers I was able to find after 3 minutes of googling:

average people will notice around 45 fps, 25% of people will notice 60 or above and if you can only notice around 24 then your eyes and/or brain are retarded. some fighter pilots can identify planes they only saw for ~1/220~ of a second when tested and flight simulations to train fighter pilots run at 200 fps.

for video games and junk your LCD monitor probably refreshes at 60mhz so 60fps is the limit of usefulness.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Literally no difference between your face and my rear end, op

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wish cops would shoot the rich. i dont really care about fps.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003

beedeebee posted:

I wish cops wouldn't shoot people. But your idea is close enough.

as long as they shoot the right kind of people this is still america

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

FIRST TIME posted:

is goon love really the best love? i've heard conflicting opinions

I don't know. I bet it's disgusting.

To be honest, I don't want to get rid of these VCRs, but they don't work. I still have one in my TV, but I'm sad to let the others go. It's a catharsis.

You can still come over if you want.

krampster2
Jun 26, 2014

omfg... that is like saying 160kps mp3 is same as 320 flac oh my friggin god op...

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

krampster2 posted:

omfg... that is like saying 160kps mp3 is same as 320 flac oh my friggin god op...

Hmmm, good idea for another thread. Thanks op!

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

I.C. posted:

what will you use to strangle yourself, and in what room will it happen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
awww look at this little baby, trying to justify his purchase of the inferior xb one.

• Locked thread