Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Tao Jones posted:

What do you figure my chances are of being shot, stabbed, robbed, kidnapped, etc etc.? I'm told taxi drivers risk some of the highest homicide rates of any job but what the hell, sometimes you gotta get in on the ground floor. :cool:

Chance of being robbed or whatever: Almost zero, no cash exchanges hands in an Uber car.

Chance of being exploited by a growing corporation with a strong libertarian ethos: 100%

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a misanthrope
Jun 21, 2010

:burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug::burgerpug:
me:

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

The Tao Jones posted:

What do you figure my chances are of being shot, stabbed, robbed, kidnapped, etc etc.? I'm told taxi drivers risk some of the highest homicide rates of any job but what the hell, sometimes you gotta get in on the ground floor. :cool:

I heard that Uber drivers are actually rapists. c/d?

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Darth123123 posted:

Uber has an extensive background check process. The only exceptions that slipped through the gaps are that one person with a record that a newspaper hired to test their vetting and that one dude who had his roommate/friend apply and then "borrowed" his account

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ

Zeroisanumber posted:

Chance of being exploited by a growing corporation with a strong libertarian ethos: 100%

jokes on you ill never let a corporation exploit me

*goes to watch latest avengers*

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I you want to run over exotic species from far flung places drive a monster truck into the zoo.

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
zoos are too big business for me and everyone who works at a zoo is just a cog in the corporate machine

*posted from my macbook air*

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
If you do become a driver here's some pro advice that'll make paying money to join an Internet forum all worth it

If you want to go fast press on the pedal on the right, this is what is called the gas pedal. DO NOT press on the pedal in the middle if you want to go fast, as it will not help.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

WhyteRyce posted:

Uber has an extensive background check process. The only exceptions that slipped through the gaps are that one person with a record that a newspaper hired to test their vetting and that one dude who had his roommate/friend apply and then "borrowed" his account

so basically I'm relying on the uber driver to not lose his password or phone or whatever and not have some crazy person answer the car request

cool lol sounds great

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Do you take bitcoins?

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My town had uber trying to come in and open. The city council said ok, but you know you have to have standardized colored cars, with markings, and a centrally staffed and monitored dispatch center during operating hours. Uber said nope. lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Darth123123 posted:

My town had uber trying to come in and open. The city council said ok, but you know you have to have standardized colored cars, with markings, and a centrally staffed and monitored dispatch center during operating hours. Uber said nope. lol

Uber got banned overseas and thought their disruption cry for change would somehow convince foreign courts to change their laws lol.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Darth123123 posted:

C

Get in.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

will you offer me a marginally cheaper ride in an unmarked vehicle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

killmeimmafailure
Apr 19, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
I wanna be a baller, a shot calla, with 28 in rims on my impala

• Locked thread