Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Niwrad posted:

So is the biggest comedy option tonight that two teams pass the Lakers and they end up having to give the 6th pick to Philly? What are the odds for that happening?

Another, not entirely distinct, comedy option would be Thunder getting the #1 :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

Disillusionist posted:

He was ROTY of a pretty weak draft class. He's a PG sure, but he is limited and the pick they got for him is more likely to turn into a star than he is. They are at least a season or two away from trying to win because: Noel is the only potential star they've drafted that has actually played with them yet, Dario is probably not coming over next season, Embiid is a complete unknown, and they have to actually develop the guys they draft this year and next.

They flipped Jrue and MCW for a ton of value and have already gotten returns in the form of Noel. They still need to find 2-3 star players though and that will probably take time because I don't think any major free agent signs with them while they lack stars.

They've openly said that they'll look to fill needs this offseason, but that they don't want to make any big commitments until after the 2016 draft; which kind of makes sense considering they have 5x1 rounders between the two drafts.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

FrankeeFrankFrank posted:

I thought he was pretty good in the playoffs with Milwaukee... but that's all I saw of him.

Would you at least call MCW "above average"?

What if you don't get the Lakers pick, was it worth it then?

The Lakers pick is top 5 protected this years, top 3 protected in 2016, and unprotected in 2017. They're getting the pick no matter what; it's just a matter of when it happens and how good the Lakers are when it does.

I'm pretty comfortable with the potential risk/return if the pick comes through this year or in 2016. I'm a little more nervous about the value of the pick if it's in 2017.

edit: He could be considered average, but that's arguable. The NBA currently has a glut of really good PGs so his positional value isn't great.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

euphronius posted:

Look at Nerlens Noel's game EXPLODE when they exchanged MCW for Ish Smith! Ish Smith!!

aka "The First Real PG I've Played With"

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

edit: efb

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Dejan Bimble posted:

If Silver comes out with a David Stern lovely wall street beard, we know the thing's been rigged. You can also count the veins in his face to detect evidence of foul play

The Knicks should have trolled everyone and had Stern be their draft representative.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

That's not necessarily an equivalent thing though, this draft seems like it's likely going to be a lot better than next year's, especially near the top.

I will obviously always laugh and the Lakers losing a pick, but the whole Philly thing seriously annoys me for reasons I can't totally articulate so hopefully they at least don't get three lottery picks.

Neither do we.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Want all 3 picks to come through.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Zo lookin good.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Nerlens!!!!!!!!!!!!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

EvanTH posted:

Tony Bennett went #1 and he's an old singer maybe something Cavsian will happen

I still say we should draft Embiid and get the NYPD to conquer Philadelphia if they try to fight it, America sucks city-states of basketball policy enact now

Philly won't be as easy to beat as Atlanta.

• Locked thread