Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

I want Philly to win 3 cuz it'll be cool and I don't want the Lakers to give them the #4 pick next year.

That's not necessarily an equivalent thing though, this draft seems like it's likely going to be a lot better than next year's, especially near the top.

I will obviously always laugh and the Lakers losing a pick, but the whole Philly thing seriously annoys me for reasons I can't totally articulate so hopefully they at least don't get three lottery picks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Neither do we.

what

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
okafor at least has an excellent center voice

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

Were there even any NBA games on the N64? Seems like his word can't be trusted

all the ea ones were on both

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
We have learned that a lot of unfortunate souls played basketball games on the N64

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

"The congo" as if its a mysterious unmapped territory is not correct. It's just Congo

No he is literally from the forest

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Rick posted:

whereas at this time of year people almost always are predicting the next year to be bad unless there's a Lebron or a freshman who should've come out but didn't.

No this is when people say the current one sucks and talk up the next one.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Niwrad posted:

Why does she keep asking what their strategy is for an event they have zero control over?

So they will answer with a silly superstitious thing that makes for potentially amusing television.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

So the Lakers are getting the #1 right

haha get it like because there is a conspiracy

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
aww boo

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
goddammit

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
but I mean also lol the knicks

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Vertical Lime posted:

yeah on the bright side it's high enough not to trade

right

lol

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
I am going to make the word rigged bannable next year and this thread will be 5 posts

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

euphronius posted:

Lakers take Okafor right ????

Their current center is like Bob Sacre and they want to play Old Man Basketball so probs, but I could see them taking Russell. Especially if the Wolves take Okafor as has been rumored recently and they want the more NBA ready guy.

(I do not actually believe this)

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Dejan Bimble posted:

He's a center. He's just a bit slim now and not as strong as he could be. He's not really athletic or mobile enough to play power forward in the NBA

He can play either, which is why he gets listed as both. There is not a tremendous difference between the two positions in most cases anyway.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
They can still get a very good prospect but there are two guys out in front of the pack by a decent margin. The difference between 3 and 4 is a little less extreme though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Lockback posted:

I'm not sure there is a meaningful difference between the 3rd and 4th pick in this draft though, I don't get the despondence.

I mean they're pretty different prospects so I guess maybe you could have a strong preference for Russell over Muiday but in terms of value it's not really a big difference and doesn't seem worth getting all the sky is falling over. Both are really strong prospects who should be good pieces to move the rebuild around.

• Locked thread