Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
It would be a little funny if they rigged it for the Cavs three times in a row, as a prank.

Here's a scoring pg who refuses to pass or defend, here's a backup power forward, and here's a future superstar who you're going to trade for a white power forward who used to have fat arms and who will get his now toned arm ripped off by another chubby white power forward.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 19, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Remember Bogut before his arm injuries? He was a really good scorer at the basket and had a solid midrange jumper.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Philadelphia's tanking brings up a strange gap in perception. Bad teams gently caress up year after year, they trade more for less, they fail to develop players, they don't pay for effective training staffs, but a team decides to skip a decade of misery to try and build a good team for their fans and they're the problem. I'll take short awful over long miserable.

Reporters and people in the league are happy to make excuses, because it's great to have incompetent competition. People are upset about Philadelphia because they're demonstrating that they understand the asset side of basketball and that marks them as a future threat. It's true even if euphronious can't read.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
If Silver comes out with a David Stern lovely wall street beard, we know the thing's been rigged. You can also count the veins in his face to detect evidence of foul play

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Westbrook seems like such a happy fella

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
"The congo" as if its a mysterious unmapped territory is not correct. It's just Congo

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xC_--s6M3QI
Mudiay highlight video for fans of whoever picks 4

I wish we could watch him against NCAA players, family comes first.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Chinese players didn't bother contesting Mudiay's shots. If they jumped he'd glide through the air until he made contact with them. Then one chinese player had enough, contested, and Mudiay came down with a broken ankle

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

NickRoweFillea posted:

when you are invited by lord cao cao himself to play on the royal court for his pleasure you do not say no

The Duke of Zhou spat out his meal; so the world turned its heart to him

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Hahaha the Knicks suck

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Jahil Okafor's going to fall to the knicks at 4

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Minnesota needs a rim protecting big man who can stretch the floor a bit. Good for them. Now they just have to not screw up everything else

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
No one has refused to play for the team that drafts them in the last couple decades. It's always an agent bluffing.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Libertine posted:

I'm glad it was Minnesota. I didn't see the drawing though did anyone lose their pick due to trade swap where the picks landed?

The 76ers lost their chance at 6 and 11

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Piper posted:

Am I the only Knicks fan who actually wants them to trade that #4 pick? Assuming Towns/Okafor/Mudiay are gone in the top 3, the Knicks are completely hosed. And taking Mudiay at 4 doesn't seem like a great pick either. Trade that pick for Boogie Cousins, Phil!

The kings don't want to trade boogie cousins for the 13th pick in 2016 and emmanuel mudiay

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Boosh! posted:

Any chance they go PG? That way a big can trickle down to us

Everyone says they're going to sign Rondo, and it's a guarantee, but I don't know. It will come down to how their scouts feel about the guys available.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

commy gun posted:

Is Flip still GM/coach?

It's strange to think that Flip has been coach/gm or coach and gm of the Wolves for like 3/4ths of the last 20 years

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

The Piper posted:

Trade the pick, Phil!

He's going to be a pg rather than an sg, so his lack of athleticism isn't as big a problem. He was the only player on Ohio State, so he was double and triple covered a lot of the time.

He's a super crafty player who has tons of ways to score and who seems to see the game really well. Add that to his really strong jumper and he could be a very impactful player.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

EvanTH posted:

Which is why he'll be taken by 4

Yeah, barring some injury, or Mudiay getting healthy in time to workout and look incredible

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Aniki posted:

I've noticed that Towns is listed as a PF/C. I know he has good range for a big man, but isn't very developed offensively. What sort of potential would he have as a PF vs C? I'm wondering if they might be able to pair him Pekovic early on, since Towns would provide defense and Pekovic, assuming that he's healthy, would provide interior scoring.

He's a center. He's just a bit slim now and not as strong as he could be. He's not really athletic or mobile enough to play power forward in the NBA

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

MourningView posted:

He can play either, which is why he gets listed as both. There is not a tremendous difference between the two positions in most cases anyway.

He played like a power forward a lot of the time on offense at Kentucky. I say he's a center, because I don't know that he can do a good job running around with Paul Millsap, Josh Smith, Draymond Green, and other guys like that, if he's playing power forward next to a traditional center.

That might be an overly stringent definition of who's 'able' to play power forward. I guess I could restate it like, I see him as a center more of the time than I see him as a power forward on defense. He can play pf on offense but he's not a super mobile guy like Paul Millsap or Nerlens Noel.

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Niwrad posted:

I still don't buy that Phil went into the season looking to tank.

But why? He gave away Chandler por nada, signed no one but random roster filler, then traded and released everyone else once Carmelo realized his knee was messed up. The talk about making the playoffs was just talk. They made zero moves to improve the roster and several to make it much worse.

• Locked thread