Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
After 10 years of lovely Bobcats lottery luck, the Hornets actually got a lucky bounce last year. Fingers crossed that good luck sticks around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Dr. Shithead posted:

This is probably a dumb question but I'll ask it anyway. How are the odds calculated, what are they based on, and do the odds determine how many number combinations the team gets?

A set formula based on team record, and yes.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Al Horford is pretty good

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Artic Puma posted:

Sorry, I am hella dumb and still don't really understand how the odds work. Why can the thunder be either 1-3 or most likely 14th and nothing in between?

Every team in the lottery has a chance of jumping into the top three, and as the last team in the lottery OKC can't slip any lower.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

Artic Puma posted:

So you can only move up into the top 3, stay in the same place, or move down if someone behind you moves into the top three?

Yep.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

The Glumslinger posted:

This made me look it up, but man, there were a lot of bad #1 picks in the 60s:
Bill McGill
Art Heyman
Jim Barnes
Fred Hetzel

Seriously, who the hell are those guys?

Complicated a bit by teams having territorial rights on the best players