Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/us/orlando-college-sued-forced-vaginal-exams/index.html

quote:

The details are outlined in a federal lawsuit filed Thursday in Orlando against Valencia College and three instructors. It alleges that medical diagnostic students at Valencia College were forced to submit to the examination of their sexual organs under threat of having their grades reduced or of being blacklisted by future employers.

quote:

The lawsuit claims during orientation, the college "had a second-year student, Jennifer Astor (nicknamed the 'TransVag Queen') explain the medical diagnostic sonography program's faculty believed that students should undergo invasive transvaginal ultrasound procedures in order to become better sonography technicians."

quote:

"Valencia positioned these transvaginal probes as voluntary, but its actual policy and practice was that they were not," according to the lawsuit.

The suit also describes weekly probes for students in the program, saying they, "endured these invasive probes without a modicum of privacy. Plaintiffs would disrobe in a restroom, drape themselves in towels, and traverse the sonography classroom in full view of instructors and other students."

"A student would place a condom over the probe and then apply generous amounts of lubrication to the probe. In some cases, the student would have to sexually 'stimulate' plaintiffs in order to facilitate inserting the probe into plaintiffs' vaginas," the lawsuit alleges.

I spend too much time in GBS because it took me a bit to figure out what they actually meant by TransVag lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Mods please rename me TransVag Queen tia

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
eat poo poo, OP

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Seems like calling the procedure invasive is a bit biased. Why don't they let the reader decide if its invasive or not. I think that this kind of hands on approach actually ensures good sonogram technicians.

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
wow lol

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i went to high school with a guy that ended up going to med school here, he always seemed kinda rapey so this checks out

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

a degree in raping is sought after these days

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

a large trout posted:

They give scholarships for it, and believe it or not, they complain that they don't get paid a wage in addition to it

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
hosed up if true

CISMALES DID 9-11
Jun 5, 2002

chaotic good STEM major; INTJ
OP i'd settle for a b+ TBH that's still a 3.3 which is solid

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Title's a bit misleading, I don't think they'd be handing out As all the time.

"D: Not enough effort"

"B+: Achieved orgasm"

A+ is only awarded when the instructor feels like he's directing something from WOWgirls.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

a large trout posted:

Excellent qualification for the many prestigious Middle Eastern organisations who are looking for foreign talent

Fishy Joe
Apr 19, 2005
Eat at Fishy Joe's
can I just come observe these classes

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
While I don't see anything wrong with the idea of having students practice these kinds of things I don't really understand why it couldn't a: be on some sort of synthetic doll meant for practicing this kind of stuff or b: done through some sort of regular clinic where people who actually needed the procedure done could let practicing students do it. I dunno med school people but that's how both psych and vet do it, they practice on real patients under the supervision of their profs.

I can't really think of a non creepy reason why they'd try to do it this way.

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

Will this degree help me land a lead role on Game of Thrones?

dik-dik
Feb 21, 2009

In med schools they hire "genital teaching assistants" for us to learn pelvic exams and digital rectal exams on. Can't see why a similar thing couldn't work for this. Apparently they used to have medical students learn these things on each other back in the dark ages but they got rid of that for some reason.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I really hope they don't teach open heart surgery at this college.

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
It seems reasonable to me, actually.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot

tomstuart posted:

hosed up if true

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
only 2 students complained out of far more than that, seems a little odd to me

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
do they have an online program?

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Let's not be quick to jump to conclusions. This could be another rolling stone rape.

Nefarious
Sep 26, 2000

by XyloJW
i didn't read the op can someone explain it in a picture

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
how many alt accounts does fetus tree have?

Jimbo Jaggins
Jul 19, 2013
a bunch of women training to shove things up other people's vaginas, shoving things up each others vaginas is not rape.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nefarious posted:

i didn't read the op can someone explain it in a picture

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Harald posted:

Not enough I say! :dance:

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Young and sweet, only seventeen, she is the transvag queen

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Wow he must have a long cock

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

What the making GBS threads Christ

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

tomstuart posted:

hosed up if true

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Fetus Tree posted:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/18/us/orlando-college-sued-forced-vaginal-exams/index.html

I spend too much time in GBS because it took me a bit to figure out what they actually meant by TransVag lmfao

Bugs Bunny Florida.gif

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

TheWeepingHorse posted:

What the making GBS threads Christ

Doesnt matter.

Just post.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
the best rapists are self taught op

Orange Cat
Feb 26, 2013
Bangbros episode?

Nagato
Apr 26, 2011

Why yes my username is the same as an autistic alien who looks like a 9 year old from an anime, why do ask?
:nyoron:

Volume posted:

Let's not be quick to jump to conclusions. This could be another rolling stone rape.

generally CNN is my trustworthy source for aahahahaha

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Harald posted:

suck my chode

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
I studied rape all semester but all I got was a Cos-B

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED