Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Mitchell_%28video_game_player%29

Billy "Bitchell" Mitchell is a 'well known' 'good' donkey kong player. He also plays pac man...

Billy The Bitch Mitchell is known for wearing a USA flag tie, having 'cool' hair and also for being a huge fag. gently caress Billy Bitchell.

He has several cool cars, a pretty good looking wife and some gently caress head kids, gently caress Billys kids, I wish he was my dad...He even has his own hotsuace that contains trace amounts of lead and it's served in Florida or somewhere, it WILL give you ulcers after repeat contact.

He's also known for totally loving over Wiebe during King of Kong.

gently caress...I don't know...gently caress Bitchell...Wiebe man shoulda' took the crown.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

penus penus penus
Nov 9, 2014

by piss__donald
i remember reading about this guy on sa like 10 years ago

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Kay.

The King of Kong is an ok documentary.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

nigga got a perfect score on pacman

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
so uhh ... is this that gamergate ive been hearing so much about?

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!

Nooner posted:

so uhh ... is this that gamergate ive been hearing so much about?

its about ethics in hot sauce manufacturing

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
looks like both mitchell and wiebe have been sent down to #11 and 12 in the Donkey Kong record books since that doc came out

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
glad to see a new crop of people spending all their free time getting good at a 30 year old arcade game

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
bitchell

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008
From wikipedia:

On January 14, 1984, he was selected as one of the 1983 "Video Game Players of the Year" by Twin Galaxies and the U.S. National Video Game Team

OH lets just look at who twin galazies is, sounds prestigious !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Galaxies

Oh the founder is bitchell himself, little bitchell is giving himself these prestigious arcade awards for no good loving reason besides that he can. gently caress Bitchell

Slumpy fucked around with this message at 23:51 on May 19, 2015

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
It was definitely worth it to forgo women and personal growth in order to master this children's toy

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
In 2008, Mitchell became the first video game player to be honored with a Topps Allen & Ginter trading card.[26]

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Beef Turret posted:

It was definitely worth it to forgo women and personal growth in order to master this children's toy

Read the op dude

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I think I want to watch that docu again.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

Slumpy posted:

Read the op dude

:cripes:

-Misfit-
Apr 20, 2005

I come in the name of Jesus Christ by the power of the holy spirit Bitch!
kill screen coming up gentlemen

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

btw mitchell and steve wiebe are friends and mitchell didn't do anything to screw him over. the movie needed a bad guy though so they got pretty creative with showing events out of order to fit their narrative

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

btw mitchell and steve wiebe are friends and mitchell didn't do anything to screw him over. the movie needed a bad guy though so they got pretty creative with showing events out of order to fit their narrative

You're spider man and I'm the one pissing on your face. OR the world is spider man and bitchell is the pisser, either one

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

Don't timg that burning poo poo bucket of a face.

Show it. Show the people his stupid loving puss.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
im surprised to learn that a successful video games player could be socially maladjusted

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
Has anyone tried his hot sauce?

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i tried to watch that documentary but passed out about 10min into it and never since had any urge to attempt a rewatch...

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
This guy is a huge dick and wouldn't even play Wiebe when he had the chance because he was afraid of losing. Instead he submitted a sketchy video recording of him being better. Complete with choppy video where the game clearly changes score but it'd be hard to notice unless you were looking for it.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Mariana Horchata posted:

i tried to watch that documentary but passed out about 10min into it and never since had any urge to attempt a rewatch...

Its the height of background noise.

lordoftheT
Feb 2, 2015

Check out this cool dog!
The best thing to come out of it the fact that there is some sort of counter documentary based around the referee guy saying that Billy Mitchell was treated unfairly.

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo

lordoftheT posted:

I did and now I have rectal cancer but it tasted ok

King of Kong is good because it's basically this one dude who likes playing his one game and a bunch of sad old fuckers taking it super serious and conspiring against him because this Billy Mitchell guy can't stand not being numero uno, the top dog, big hoss

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The documentary was an interesting examination of the lengths peer groups will go to defend their own even over stupid poo poo like donkey kong scores.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
Funspot fuckin owns though and i make an effort to take a trip up every couple of years with friends, weed, and printed out arcade coupons...nothin wrong with that

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Mariana Horchata posted:

Funspot fuckin owns though and i make an effort to take a trip up every couple of years with friends, weed, and printed out arcade coupons...nothin wrong with that

Truth. The go-kart tracks nearby are great, too.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

This guy is a huge dick and wouldn't even play Wiebe when he had the chance because he was afraid of losing. Instead he submitted a sketchy video recording of him being better. Complete with choppy video where the game clearly changes score but it'd be hard to notice unless you were looking for it.

that score was deemed invalid and removed from the twin galaxies scoreboard less than 48 hours after it was posted. the movie doesn't show that part though

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Parallax Scroll posted:

that score was deemed invalid and removed from the twin galaxies scoreboard less than 48 hours after it was posted. the movie doesn't show that part though

Must be pretty embarrassing to have your own score removed from your own companies leader boards for cheating. What a dick.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I'm going to destroy Billy Mitchell

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Windows 98 posted:

Must be pretty embarrassing to have your own score removed from your own companies leader boards for cheating. What a dick.

it wasn't cheating. there were visual artifacts in the tape because it was a copy and not the original tape. walter day bypassed the standard twin galaxies review process and posted the score to the site, then the score was taken down by robert mruczec pending review of the original tape. once robert reviewed the original tape without artifacts, the score was validated and reposted.

Slumpy
Jun 10, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

it wasn't cheating.bla bla bullshit bla bla loving bullshit, lies

Thanks for the input dude, can we stop trolling this thread sometime soon?

Origin
Feb 15, 2006

Slumpy posted:

From wikipedia:

On January 14, 1984, he was selected as one of the 1983 "Video Game Players of the Year" by Twin Galaxies and the U.S. National Video Game Team

OH lets just look at who twin galazies is, sounds prestigious !!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twin_Galaxies

Oh the founder is bitchell himself, little bitchell is giving himself these prestigious arcade awards for no good loving reason besides that he can. gently caress Bitchell

Billy Mitchell is the Triple H of arcade games.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Get... Get the toilet paper.

Oil of Paris
Feb 13, 2004

100% DIRTY

Nap Ghost

lordoftheT posted:

its pretty solid tbh

olaf2022
Feb 19, 2003
Fun Shoe
                       /
i gotta try losing sometime

AwwJeah
Jul 3, 2006

I like you!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m_jcX0TMd8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

olaf2022 posted:

i gotta try losing sometime
Look at those eyes.

That creature in a mans skin would cut your throat and sleep like a baby in your still warm blood.

For the good of all, Bitchell must die.

• Locked thread