Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What the hell happened to rock in 2006?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Here's the Billboard Top 100 from 2006 and suddenly that dip makes a lot of sense.

http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/top-100-songs-of-the-year/?year=2006

What a lovely year for music.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Of all the songs on that top 100 list I posted that I recognise and remember Feel Good Inc is the only good one.

As for Chumbawumba - Stop expecting artists to have integrity. You either sell out or you sell coffee.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Digital Fingers posted:

I don't think you get anarcho punk

e: like i'm sure that sounded smart to you but loving lol they're pretty much the only example of that happening

I don't even know what it is. That's the only chumbawumba song I know. You're right though I did think it sounded smart:saddowns:

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Ddraig posted:

Prog rock is loving awful.

You are so wrong it hurts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrhnhXHVSQg

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Happy Hedonist posted:

Jesus christ if those videos are examples of good prog rock than why the gently caress hasn't anyone killed and butchered everyone involved in the entire scene. A type of musical genocide.

Dude if Tom Sawyer makes you angry instead of giggling like an idiot you're just a bad person. Burned out and ugly inside. What's not to enjoy about a couple of old men rocking out with a laser show stoned out of their minds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Thank you so so much for this.

• Locked thread