Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
~*blessed by the algorithm*~
What are your hobbies? I've recently become interested in metal detecting. It's a lot of hard work , but it's fun and you can learn a lot about your local history in the process, and if you're lucky you'll find something that's worth more than your car. Or if you're even more lucky you'll find something you can retire on. Most of the poo poo you find while metal detecting is just garbage, but I find that I really like being outdoors and having something to occupy my time other than the internet. What hobbies do other goons enjoy?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Denying women civil liberties.

There we got that the gently caress out of the way. Now have a good thread gently caress heads.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
poo poo posting, drinking, remembering what it was like when I still had high hopes for the future, watching sports

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
These are some depressing rear end hobbies.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
sitting in the woods for long periods in the hopes that i can murder an unsuspecting animal

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

SweetKarma posted:

These are some depressing rear end hobbies.

when you're an adult, hobbies are usually poo poo you do to avoid your spouse and children

so yeah, that's pretty depressing

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

FIRST TIME posted:

when you're an adult, hobbies are usually poo poo you do to avoid your spouse and children

Well I skipped the first two steps. I always was ahead of my time.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

FIRST TIME posted:

Hobbies are also what you do to forget about the fact that you're single with no prospects for the future.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

Hobbies are also what you do to forget about the fact that you're single with no prospects for the future.

:smith:

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
Just post your hobbies and stop being creeepy drunk loners

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
batin

Unknowable Hole
Feb 2, 2005

Pillbug
drinking and avoiding the crushing pain of reality by growing plants

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
CDM, Crying, Drinking and Masturbating. The best thing about my three hobbies is that you can do all of them at the same time without taking away any of the fun of any individual hobby.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
You fucks needs to stop doxxing me

Matey
Mar 28, 2008

eat food

slitting my wrist while I pour powdered prozac onto the cut as a piece of performance art.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Matey posted:

slitting my wrist while I pour powdered prozac onto the cut as a piece of performance art.

I was thinking more along the lines of bird watching, but this will do.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Landscape photography.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Hobohemian posted:

Landscape photography.

Nice hobby, but incredibly expensive.

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW
Yeah, the equiptment did cost several grand truth be told. At least most lenses hold their value decently.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i do music stuff, but recently i also took up different music stuff.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

i do music stuff, but recently i also took up different music stuff.

You could try being more specific.

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I sample algae from various local water sources, algae is an indirect indicator of water quality and the phycological distribution has shifted noticeably each year since the last factory around here shut down(thanks globalization! You destroyed all my friends and neighbors lives but the local wild life is thriving!)

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Tonsured posted:

I sample algae from various local water sources, algae is an indirect indicator of water quality and the phycological distribution has shifted noticeably each year since the last factory around here shut down(thanks globalization! You destroyed all my friends and neighbors lives but the local wild life is thriving!)

Can you explain this some more?

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
I'm no expert. I'm a hobbyist. I have a microscope and I'm curious. I collect bags of water then look at them under a microscope. Over the last few years I've noticed that the diatom population is almost non existent. Diatoms generally thrive in waste water, and their disappearance means that the water quality seems to be changing for the better.

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Tonsured posted:

I'm no expert. I'm a hobbyist. I have a microscope and I'm curious. I collect bags of water then look at them under a microscope. Over the last few years I've noticed that the diatom population is almost non existent. Diatoms generally thrive in waste water, and their disappearance means that the water quality seems to be changing for the better.

So this is good?

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

Seems like it, for the wild life. There has been an increase in bird and mammal diversity over the years too. But I don't bag them.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

SweetKarma posted:

You could try being more specific.

i am not ready for a third hobby.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Tonsured posted:

Seems like it, for the wild life. There has been an increase in bird and mammal diversity over the years too. But I don't bag them.

loving lame

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

Give me five years, maybe it'll be cool then

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
Working on cars, programming, video games, guitar. I'm real original.

Oh, and being gay.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
drawing concentric circles and crying

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Tonsured posted:

Aren't birds mammals? Sorry, I don't know things about stuff.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
pederasty for fun and profit, also euchre

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013
I did a quick Yahoo! Answers search on this poo poo and no, birds are not mammals they are averes or something. Thanks 4th grade teacher.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Same family as spidats

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

SweetKarma posted:

I did a quick Yahoo! Answers search on this poo poo and no, birds are not mammals they are averes or something. Thanks 4th grade teacher.

Wow! That makes sense because birds can fly! And beavers can't! but then again house flies can fly, so maybe they're averes too?

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
i run a really lazy comic translation group for shits. i do all the image editing, word bubbles and poo poo like that and also review the scripts to see if they make any sense in english.

sometimes i do stupid things in my image editor like make fake video game box art or give ninja turtles light sabers

Hobohemian
Sep 30, 2005

by XyloJW

Light Gun Man posted:

i run a really lazy comic translation group for shits. i do all the image editing, word bubbles and poo poo like that and also review the scripts to see if they make any sense in english.

sometimes i do stupid things in my image editor like make fake video game box art or give ninja turtles light sabers

Is Calvin and Hobbes translated into other languages?

Bareback Werewolf
Oct 5, 2013

Tonsured posted:

Wow! That makes sense because birds can fly! And beavers can't! but then again house flies can fly, so maybe they're averes too?

I honestly don't know what the hell you're talking about. I just wanted to know if birds are mammals or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Hobohemian posted:

Is Calvin and Hobbes translated into other languages?

i dunno, we do mostly dumb video game stuff, from other languages into english

• Locked thread